• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Official Camino passport

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances in 2016, Portuguese in 2017, and Frances again in 2018. Madrid to Ponferrada 2019.
Does the Camino passport need to be in the exact same name as your official Nation passport?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I always picked up my pilgrim's passport at the pilgrim's office in SJPdP and they stamp it and all, but you fill out the name, government passport number, etc.
I don't know if having someone else's name instead of your on the pilgrim's passport would cause issues later on down the road. It might as a lot of albergues request to see your government passport as well when you sign in.
As to avoid any problems, I personally write in my name on my pilgrim's passport exactly how it's written in my US passport.
The pilgrim's passport is not an official government document in any way.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
We are on our Camino now. Most of the Albergues ask for our national passport number. It was explained that they needed the official for police.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Back