• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Official Government Information Sources for Travel Restrictions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

geraldkelly

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, Vía de la Plata / Camino Sanabrés, Camino del Baztán, Camino Aragonés, Chemin du Puy
Hi

Can someone send me some links to official government websites for the US, Canada, Australia, UK and New Zealand with information about travel restrictions to and from each country?

Please note, I am only interested in official sources of information. I'm looking for the sites prospective pilgrims should use to find out about the latest travel restrictions.

Thanks in advance!
Gerald

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is worth reading this official site carefully. The Government advises against most outbound travel but there is no law or regulation that prevents outbound travel.

You also need to be able to read between the lines for inbound travel because in addition to the regulations that define who can enter ANZ you need to understand that there is also a cap on the number of people, regardless of citizenship and visa status, who can enter ANZ and currently the number of people wanting to come in far exceeds the number permitted to come in and so unless you have a diplomatic passport you need to wait until a space opens up.

Open places are allocated randomly and so the process has the appearance of a lottery.

Last edited:
It is worth reading this official site carefully. The Government advises against most outbound travel but there is no law or regulation that prevents outbound travel.

You also need to be able to read between the lines for inbound travel because in addition to the regulations that define who can enter ANZ you need to understand that there is also a cap on the number of people, regardless of citizenship and visa status, who can enter ANZ and currently the number of people wanting to come in far exceeds the number permitted to come in and so unless you have a diplomatic passport you need to wait until a space opens up.

Open places are allocated randomly and so the process has the appearance of a lottery.
Thanks. All I need is the official sites, I'm compiling a list of them. I don't need any further information.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi

Can someone send me some links to official government websites for the US, Canada, Australia, UK and New Zealand with information about travel restrictions to and from each country?

Please note, I am only interested in official sources of information. I'm looking for the sites prospective pilgrims should use to find out about the latest travel restrictions.

Thanks in advance!
Gerald

Subsections on that main page for all restrictions (conflict, disaster warnings, COV...).

Hi

Thanks in advance!
Gerald
www.australia.gov.au. Be aware that each state in Australia has its own website. It should be the state name and have.gov.au
I say this because at present different states have different restrictions. Good luck

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Smart Traveller website in Australia. Most travel restrictions have been lifted from DO NOT TRAVEL, to exercise a high degree of caution.

I'm also interested in this question. Specifically official Spanish, Portuguese and French sites about what is required to travel to those countries.

I'm also interested in this question. Specifically official Spanish, Portuguese and French sites about what is required to travel to those countries.
There's a couple of sites which are good, official and up-to-date. The EU runs reopen.europa.eu There's lots of info on there and links to sites in the different countries.

Also Ryanair have a list of government sites for all the countries they fly to www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/map-page

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Smart Traveller website in Australia. Most travel restrictions have been lifted from DO NOT TRAVEL, to exercise a high degree of caution.
Smart traveller is more about advice for Australians travelling overseas

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Don't forget this list, pinned to the top of the Covid section.
That post has been updated now, since some of the links were not functioning anymore.

Hi

Thanks in advance!
Gerald
This one is the Australian Government one Gerald....all sorts of information on it for both leaving and entering Australia. https://www.australia.gov.au/

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Great! Thank you everybody for your help with this!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back