A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Official Pilgrims Passport now available here

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

Monk Moses

Camino(s) past & future
Sept. 2014
Is it ok to fill these in ourselves or do they need to be filled in by someone official? I believe it says it is to be filled out by the issuing organization.

supersullivan

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago 2012. SJPP-Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia 2013. Ponferrada-Santiago June 2014. Leon-Santiago-Finisterre September 2014. April-May 2015: SJPP- S de C- Finisterre -Muxia- S de C.
Thanks Ivar, 4 ordered, prefer the pull out format to the booklet format the Irish society issue.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2005,2006,2008,2009,2012,2013) Portuguese (2007) Del Norte (2009,2010) Primitivo (2009) Finisterre (2012) Salvador (2013) Liebaniego & Vadiniense (2014) Ingles (2014) Via de la Plata (2015) Sanabres (2016)
This is great Ivar, now I won't have to worry about finding one in Ferrol.

Paul

Dear all,

Thanks to @JohnnieWalker I have now started selling the official Pilgrims Passport (Or Credencial). I will try to send out orders as soon as they come in during the week (you will get an e-mail when I send it out), but I will use Sunday afternoons to make sure that all are sent out at least by then.

You can order them here:
http://www.santiagodecompostela.me/...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago

View attachment 9767

View attachment 9766

Please let me know if you have any question!

Buen Camino!
Ivar
I just posted this information on a Dutch and German camino community.

Franpio

Camino(s) past & future
Walked Camino Frances May/June 2014
Dear all,

Thanks to @JohnnieWalker I have now started selling the official Pilgrims Passport (Or Credencial). I will try to send out orders as soon as they come in during the week (you will get an e-mail when I send it out), but I will use Sunday afternoons to make sure that all are sent out at least by then.

You can order them here:
http://www.santiagodecompostela.me/...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago

View attachment 9767

View attachment 9766

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Hi Ivar
I presume you can still pick one up at the start in SJPDP? Is this idea of sending them out another way of getting one ?

Regards,

Frances

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Is it ok to fill these in ourselves or do they need to be filled in by someone official? I believe it says it is to be filled out by the issuing organization.
Hi there,

I asked John about this and you can now fill out your name yourself. It used to be that the pilgrims office wrote the name in the pilgrims passport when you bought it, but this is no longer so. The pilgrims passports that I send out are blank and you can fill in your name yourself.

Saludos,
Ivar

Monk Moses

Camino(s) past & future
Sept. 2014
Hi there,

I asked John about this and you can now fill out your name yourself. It used to be that the pilgrims office wrote the name in the pilgrims passport when you bought it, but this is no longer so. The pilgrims passports that I send out are blank and you can fill in your name yourself.

Saludos,
Ivar

Thanks!

Dear all,

You can order them here:

View attachment 9767

View attachment 9766

Buen Camino!
Ivar
The Cathedral of Santiago has approved the Forum to provide the Official Credencial or Pilgrim Passport to users for a trial period. Ivar is also looking at how best to meet requests from past pilgrims who may now wish a Certificate of Distance.

Nowadays that Official Credencial of the Cathedral of Santiago is available from many sources including many travel agents and tour operators as well as pilgrim and associated organisations.

Sabina Harpe

Vancouvergal
Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles to Santiago de Campostella 2008
Le Puy to Conques 2014
Ok I am getting excited and nervous... I did the Camino in Spain in 2008 and now will walk from Le Puy to Conques on my own, leaving Le Puy on May 28. Can I get the Credencial in Le Puy at the Tourist Office? I don't have a place to stay in Le Puy yet. I know there are lots... any hot tips?? I will be getting one of my bags transported and have several addresses - lamallepostal - is that the best one? Reliable? Safe? Have been following conversations on this sight and really appreciate the friendly, helpful tips!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
...Can I get the Credencial in Le Puy at the Tourist Office? I don't have a place to stay in Le Puy yet. I know there are lots... any hot tips?? ...
Sabina,

For where to get a Credential in Le Puy see this recent Forum thread.
For lots of useful info regarding the Le Puy route check out this Forum topic.

Bon Chemin,

Margaret Meredith

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Ohh now I have to decide which to get for the next walk. The APOC credential that I used the other two times...or this one, which is lovely. Wow it just hit me this is probably my biggest and most difficult equipment question this time round!! Life IS good!! :)

Camino(s) past & future
CF Oct 2012, CF August 2014, May 2017
Thanks Ivar, I just ordered 4. So many people that I tell about my upcoming Camino wish they could do it as well. These will make nice gifts and motivators for them to put up in their office to remind themselves of their pilgrim dream. And, I won't need to get one in August! Thanks! Doug

Camino(s) past & future
2011 From NL to SJdP,Camino Frances
2012 Camino Portugues
2013 Camino Primitivo
2014 Camino Frances
2014 Camino Ingles
2015 Camino del Norte
Dear all,

Thanks to @JohnnieWalker I have now started providing the official Pilgrims Passport (Or Credencial). I will try to send out orders as soon as they come in during the week (you will get an e-mail when I send it out), but I will use Sunday afternoons to make sure that all are sent out at least by then.

You can order them here:

View attachment 9767

View attachment 9766

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Good evening Ivar,

I am leaving for my next Camino next Sunday but have already a Credential.
Having said that I am of course interested in obtaining your new Credential for future Camino(s).
Can I collect it in the Pilgrim-Office in Rua Villar in Santiago? Or elsewhere being on route to SdC?

Camino(s) past & future
September - October 2014
Is it better to order the credential in advance? I will be arriving in St. Jean on August 24th and beginning on August 25th.

Marin

hey Ivar, just ordered one to Berlin for my trip starting the 1st of June. Just one question - is this passport also good for the Camino Portugues?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Is it better to order the credential in advance? I will be arriving in St. Jean on August 24th and beginning on August 25th.
I think both options are fine. Whatever is best for you.

hey Ivar, just ordered one to Berlin for my trip starting the 1st of June. Just one question - is this passport also good for the Camino Portugues?
Yes, these are good for any of the caminos.

Camino(s) past & future
September 2014
Dear all,

Thanks to @JohnnieWalker I have now started providing the official Pilgrims Passport (Or Credencial). I will try to send out orders as soon as they come in during the week (you will get an e-mail when I send it out), but I will use Sunday afternoons to make sure that all are sent out at least by then.

You can order them here:

View attachment 9767

View attachment 9766

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Ivar I only have a debit card so can not complete my transaction or am I missing an alternative here, regards Annie

sriyantra

Camino(s) past & future
Frances September "2014"
Thanks Ivar. 2 Credentials are coming to Australia only to return to Spain in September...weird logic..but I just wanted to know I had them packed and ready to leave with me. I also heard that 1 credential can sometimes get filled up with sellos so I want to be prepared !!!...and here I am trying desperately not to over plan but it is exactly what I am doing !!

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Camino Frances 2012.
Future: Camino Frances 2014, Finisterre/Muxia 2014, Camino Portuguese 2014
Ivar, I live in Spain and start my Camino on 27th May - do I have time to order and receive my credencial?

Camino(s) past & future
(2014)
Hi Ivar, I already have my credential for this Camino, but is it possible when I get to Santiago to get one for the next one?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

Marin

Ivar, thanks a lot. Passport ordered Monday morning, Thursday at noon it arrived in Berlin! :) And it's beautiful.
Do I understood correctly what it says in Spanish on it though - people not doing the camino for religious reasons won't get a compostella? And should I fill in my own details on the first page?

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Hi Marin, people who walk the Camino for religious or spiritual reasons can obtain a Compostella provided they meet the criteria for distance walked ie at least the last 100k into Santiago. Others can now obtain the new Certificate of Distance mentioned above and also available from the Pilgrims Office.

And yes, you can complete the personal data page yourself.

Buen Camino!

WildPlace

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013, 2015
@ivar Very many thanks - my credencial arrived in the UK today :) I'm planning ahead - I don't leave until October but last year the credencial I sent for from the CSJ didn't arrive before I left the UK - although I was very happy with the one I got from the Pilgrim's Office when I arrived in SJPdP.

Many thanks again for such prompt delivery!

supersullivan

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago 2012. SJPP-Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia 2013. Ponferrada-Santiago June 2014. Leon-Santiago-Finisterre September 2014. April-May 2015: SJPP- S de C- Finisterre -Muxia- S de C.
Many thanks Ivar, the 4 credencials I ordered last weekend arrived today ( Thursday ) in Ireland.

Tonevafa

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances april-may 2011 Pamplona to Santiago de Compostela.
Camino Frances (june-july 2014)
And mine arrived Tromsø, Norway. Thank you Ivar.

krazeekuban

Coordinator Valley of the Sun Chapter/APOC
Camino(s) past & future
May/June(2012) Camino Frances. Sept/Oct Camino Frances, Santiago/Finsterre 2013. 2013 Pilgrim Office Amigo Volunteer. Oct 2014 Camino Ingles , Pilgrim Office in Santiago Vol Sep '15, Camino Portuguese Oct '15,volunteer Sept 2015 Ribadiso muni albergue
Hi, hope my certificate of distance did not get lost in transit. I still have not recieved it... Excited to see it in person

Dutch

Straightforward
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-SdC sept '13
Porto-SdC May '14
SdC-Finis/Muxia May '14
SJPP-Finisterre sept '14
Pamplona-Burgos march '15
Porto - Sdc may '15
Camino salkantay june '15
SJPP - SdC aug/sept '15

Pacific Crest Trail april thru sept 2016
Hi Ivar,

Is it also possible to pay with a normal banktransfer instead of paypal? If so, where can i find the details? Thnx

Dutch

Straightforward
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-SdC sept '13
Porto-SdC May '14
SdC-Finis/Muxia May '14
SJPP-Finisterre sept '14
Pamplona-Burgos march '15
Porto - Sdc may '15
Camino salkantay june '15
SJPP - SdC aug/sept '15

Pacific Crest Trail april thru sept 2016
Ah ok, did not see the CC option, only the paypal. Ok cc will be fine, thnx.

Bitcoin? So funny hahaha. I bet you still have to receive your first payment in bitcoins :)

Last edited:

krazeekuban

Coordinator Valley of the Sun Chapter/APOC
Camino(s) past & future
May/June(2012) Camino Frances. Sept/Oct Camino Frances, Santiago/Finsterre 2013. 2013 Pilgrim Office Amigo Volunteer. Oct 2014 Camino Ingles , Pilgrim Office in Santiago Vol Sep '15, Camino Portuguese Oct '15,volunteer Sept 2015 Ribadiso muni albergue
Thank you Ivar! Certificate arrived safe on my 2 nd Anniv of arrival to Santiago!

Gillyweb

Camino(s) past & future
Villafranca - Santiago (2013)
SJPP - Santiago (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Fabulous idea. Just ordered mine. I love the one that I can get in London but it's a little unwieldy so this is perfect. Thank you.

Gillyweb

Camino(s) past & future
Villafranca - Santiago (2013)
SJPP - Santiago (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Hi Marin, people who walk the Camino for religious or spiritual reasons can obtain a Compostella provided they meet the criteria for distance walked ie at least the last 100k into Santiago. Others can now obtain the new Certificate of Distance mentioned above and also available from the Pilgrims Office.

And yes, you can complete the personal data page yourself.

Buen Camino!
I was told this last year but everyone seemed to be getting the normal Compostella. Is this something new ? I'm doing it for spiritual reasons anyway and I'm very much looking forward to receiving this year's, as believe it or not, the new puppy got hold of last years and chewed up the tube and half the compostella. It looks wonderfully well worn now :)

There are actually three "certificates" now available in the pilgrims office.

The compostela -- for those who walked for spiritual or religious reasons. (in Latin)
The welcoming certificate for those who walked for touristic or sporting reasons (in Latin).

For either of those two you must walk the last 100 km at least. Those two come in exchange for a donativo.

The new "certificate of distance" is in Spanish and is for sale for 3 euros. Pilgrim office staff fill in starting point, total distance traveled, date started, Camino you walked, etc. Whether you got the compostela or its non-religious equivalent, you can still buy the certificate.

All three of these certificates are very pretty, with colorful illustrations that look like illuminated medieval manuscripts. I was volunteering in the pilgrims office soon after the certificate of distance was introduced, and there was no clear policy on whether you had to have walked at least 100 km to be able to buy it. But very few people come into the pilgrims office walk less than 100 km, so I don't think this will be a big deal.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Ivar,

Been looking at the forum for some time now, and this is my first post. Just received my credencials and it's making me more motivated to head over from Australia in May/June 2015 ! (just have to learn Spanish so I can read it!) :)

Camino(s) past & future
St J P d P to Pamplona (August 2014)
Just ordered ours from your shop, along with patch and keying.. Very nice, looking forward to getting them.
You do a great job Ivar.

petitewalker

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 fall), Camino Portuguese (fall 2017)
Wow.....ordered my Passports/Credentials on July 3 and received them today July 9th in the USA. Thank you Ivar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camino(s) past & future
I am starting my camino from SJPP August 5 2014
I was planning on getting my credencial when I get to SJPP. Do you recommend I get it mailed to me in the US instead? I leave in 3 weeks. Thanks!
Claudia

indyinmaine

Camino(s) past & future
Frances - SJPdP to Santiago - Sept/Oct 2013
Ivar,
I should have been an English teacher: it's "Official pilgrim's passport now available here"!

Oh yes!!! I remember the day my Credencial de Peregrino arrived!!!! I was giddy beyond words.

Now it is a treasure full of stamps and memories next to my Compostelas. I was able to get a second one in commemoration of San Francisco's Pilgrimage 800 years ago this year.

petitewalker

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 fall), Camino Portuguese (fall 2017)
Thanks to Ivar, I have my Camino Passport with 48 Sello squares. I've read you should try and get two stamps per day, so how do you fit them all in if it takes 35 /40 days to walk.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino France May/June 2013
Le Puy to SJPP (Sept/Oct 2014)
Dear all,

You can order them here:

View attachment 9767

View attachment 9766

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Thank you - Can I use this credencial on the Via Podiensis ie the Way starting in Le Puy?

Hola - the Official Credencial provided here can be used on all routes to Santiago. When walking from Sarria pilgrims are asked to collect two stamps per day - these are freely avaiable from bars, restaurants, churches, town halls, hotels, hostals and albergues. Pilgrims usually get a stamp in the place where they sleep and one other at a bar when they stop for coffee or lunch along the way.

Buen camino

John

Vandy

Camino(s) past & future
Beginning camino from SJDP end august 2014
Dear all,

You can order them here:

View attachment 9767

View attachment 9766

Buen Camino!
Ivar
We will be arriving into SJDP at approx 7pm on the 29th in order to start walking early on 30th. Where is the best place for us to get the passport before we set off. Will anything be open on our arrival?

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
HORAIRES D’OUVERTURE.
Vous devez accueillir les pèlerins de 7.30 heures du matin à 22.00 heures ou plus tard suivant l’heure d’arrivée du dernier train.
Vous pouvez fermer l’accueil au moment des repas selon votre disponibilité et en fonction de l’heure d’arrivée des trains.

The office closes midday for a lunch hour.

suzie

Camino(s) past & future
planning my first trip
Have ordered 4 credentials and looking forward to having them in my hands, thank you Ivar.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.6%