• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Official Recognition Is Coming...

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Looks like things are moving forward for the Ruta/Camiño do Mar gaining official status as a Camino de Santiago! Nothing is guaranteed, but the Xunta has made a commitment to move the process forward:

Dave

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Looks like things are moving forward for the Ruta/Camiño do Mar gaining official status as a Camino de Santiago! Nothing is guaranteed, but the Xunta has made a commitment to move the process forward:

Dave
I ordered your book and am hoping for it to arrive next week. Would love to start the planning or a least to dream some big dreams😊

In my opinion, Santo André de Teixido would deserve a "Teixidana". The problem here is who issues the document. The Cedeira municipality or the Xunta.
Well there is a credencial, you can get it in Ferrol I think. So who knows....?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Agreed, Pelegrin! A Teixidana would make a lot of sense. Of course, so would an albergue in Teixido, once traffic picks up a little more. And Josefine, you definitely can pick up a credencial in Ferrol, or back on the Norte before diverting onto the Mar, but the added certificate would be new. (Frankly, stamps along the Mar would be new as well! I mostly had to rely on hotel stamps.)

I'm with you, though, Josefine--I am looking back to getting into planning! I'm an inveterate planner, but these last nine months have stifled a lot of that. It's a double whammy, not having travel or planning for travel. I'm growing optimistic about summer, though.

Hope you can make it back, Charrito! I was so disappointed for you when your trip was wiped out!

This Camino includes two points of pilgrimage that according to tradition is a complete healing: San Andrés de Teixido (the body) and Santiago de Compostela (the spirit).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It wasn't the 'up' but the last part down we looked at - and kept on the road! It was good to go down though after 9 kms of rise.

Dave
Oh, this is exciting as I have planned my next Camino for the second half of the Norte to Ruta do Mar to the Ingles to Santiago. Perhaps spring 2021 but probably fall 2021. Thank you

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back