Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Officially recognized Camino? Don’t hold your breath!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked it last yead and they reconized it. Doing it agin this year.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ribeirasacra, do you have any idea what the backstory is here? There must be a lot of skull-duggery and intrigue behind the scenes because this has been going on for a very very long time. Thanks, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Another Camino route is also looking for recognition according to one report we read. Ribeirasacra - Have you heard anything about recognition for the Camino del Mar please?

Sorry for the late reply. email notification does not seem to be working for me. I do have the right box ticked too.
I have no idea what is going on. I could have a guess, but that would just not be correct for an open forum.
RE Camino del Mar: I can only find a section on this forum. Reading that it looks as if there is no way marking either. At least the Camino de Invierno is way marked.

Thanks, ribeirasacra.

I just want to add that even though the Camino de Invierno may not have official recognition from the Xunta, the Pilgrim's Office is happy to give you a compostela if you walk it.

It is a beautiful Camino through some really unspoiled parts of rural Galicia. Not much albergue infrastructure (maybe 2 or 3), but private accommodations are right where you need them and always very reasonable.

I do hear more about the Invierno on the Spanish forums, so I think the traffic must be picking up somewhat. As ribeirasacra said, the marking is now terrific, so it's open and ready for business even without official recognition! Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I second what laurie said. no problems at all with official recognition, especially if it's 'only' a part of the longer camino, eg. camino frances.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back