• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OK, so here I go, again

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I have a flight booked tomorrow, 11 June, for Madrid. And all the train times and stuff to get to Leon. I have the lightest pack I can scrape together and still have a change of knickers. My Osteopath tells me my back will never get better; that is that the weakness in my sacroiliac is permanent and if my back goes into spasm as it does from time to time it will hurt. Exercise is good he says, so I'm going to take some exercise. I'm going to give the Salvador / Primitivo another go. Carefully.

I've been learning some new Spanish: "Tengo una debilidad en mi sacroiliaca"," Tengo un fuerte dolor en la espalda baja", "Hay un osteopata" and "Necesito un fuerte analgesico". (verifications of translations gratefully accepted)

I'm not one of the technically connected so I won't be posting, or moderating, much for a few weeks.

The pull of the Camino is so strong. Wish me luck.

Tinca

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buena Suerte y que Dios te proteja y te de fuerzas :) (Good luck and may God protect you and give you strength). Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have a flight booked tomorrow, 11 June, for Madrid. And all the train times and stuff to get to Leon. I have the lightest pack I can scrape together and still have a change of knickers. My Osteopath tells me my back will never get better; that is that the weakness in my sacroiliac is permanent and if my back goes into spasm as it does from time to time it will hurt. Exercise is good he says, so I'm going to take some exercise. I'm going to give the Salvador / Primitivo another go. Carefully.

I've been learning some new Spanish: "Tengo una debilidad en mi sacroiliaca"," Tengo un fuerte dolor en la espalda baja", "Hay un osteopata" and "Necesito un fuerte analgesico". (verifications of translations gratefully accepted)

I'm not one of the technically connected so I won't be posting, or moderating, much for a few weeks.

Tinca
Good luck! Buen camino!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Have a wonderful Camino, whatever path it takes.

Hope you enjoy the journey, that your back gives as few problems as possible and that you have some steps filled with joy:) Buen Camino:)

Travel safe and travel well. Be sure to let us all know how you go. X
Michelle.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Tinca
Buen Camino…hope your back holds up.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Tinca, I do indeed wish you luck and sending good wishes to help you on the Way. Your presence on the forum will be sorely missed but in a good cause.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

€83,-
.. if all else fails, and you can't recall those lengthier Spanish phrases, you might try this: Me duele. It worked wonders for me (with near-constant sacrum pain), especially when I couldn't muster up anything else.
By the way, I personally tend to ignore the words of anyone who make such pessimistic claims ('never..'). I would suggest that you trust in, and be guided by, your own body.. maybe another Camino is just what you need! I would, however, recommend a daily bit of gentle stretches and child pose for good measure. Buen y salud Camino Tinca ;)

Great to hear you are improved Tincatinker we have just finished the Ingles and left a stone just after Sigüeiro on our last day, one for you and one for wayfarer. We remembered how fortunate we were at each waystone on the Way as we said your names to think of you both back home. Buen Cammino mate take it nice and steady

Attachments

• DSC03713.JPG
    DSC03713.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Go well Tinca....walk safely, take things slowly, enjoy your surrounds, and may your back 'play nicely' and carry you forwards each day with no pain. Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get better soon Pat you deserve to make the journey yourself soon, and thank you for the gratitude we felt on our journey it flourished with every kindness we received.

Tinca,
I'm sending my best wishes to you on your journey. In addition to child's pose, as Healing Pilgrim advises, perhaps some ice, too, at the end of your walk each day? I'm sure you know best what works for you. May your journey be blessed. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wow! Thanks guys. Bit misty-eyed now (I expect its the bubbles in the Mahou). Seriously, thank you all. I can feel the lift sometimes on the stiffer bits (if you'll pardon the pun).
Have made it to Pajares, hence the internet access and the cold Mahou from the vending machine. I will never disparage walking poles again. I have always been an advocate of slowly does it but now I'm moving proper slowly and loving every minute of it. Two hours to climb to Ender's lovely cross today, even slower going down and not a minute wasted - so many flowers, so much bird song, so many opportunities to just be bl**dy grateful.

I have been using Child pose, it is a great stretcher and relaxer, and ice on the calves and knees which are working harder than usual as my back is still sulky (doesn't like surprise moves) and these last two days I've been sure to lay flat on my back in some mountain meadow, knees up, feet flat and listen to the universe unfolding. The Camino del Salvador is exquisite, please don't tell any-one...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Tinca, I'm so glad you posted to let us know how you are doing. I've been thinking about you and hoping. Take care of yourself. :)
Mary

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wow! Thanks guys. Bit misty-eyed now (I expect its the bubbles in the Mahou). Seriously, thank you all. I can feel the lift sometimes on the stiffer bits (if you'll pardon the pun).
Have made it to Pajares, hence the internet access and the cold Mahou from the vending machine. I will never disparage walking poles again. I have always been an advocate of slowly does it but now I'm moving proper slowly and loving every minute of it. Two hours to climb to Ender's lovely cross today, even slower going down and not a minute wasted - so many flowers, so much bird song, so many opportunities to just be bl**dy grateful.

I have been using Child pose, it is a great stretcher and relaxer, and ice on the calves and knees which are working harder than usual as my back is still sulky (doesn't like surprise moves) and these last two days I've been sure to lay flat on my back in some mountain meadow, knees up, feet flat and listen to the universe unfolding. The Camino del Salvador is exquisite, please don't tell any-one...

You are so right that being "forced" to slow down on the Camino Salvador does nothing but enhance the experience. So happy that you are able to enjoy this amazing Camino. Lots of beauty still to come ! Buen camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have a flight booked tomorrow, 11 June, for Madrid. And all the train times and stuff to get to Leon.
My Osteopath tells me my back will never get better; that is that the weakness in my sacroiliac is permanent and if my back goes into spasm as it does from time to time it will hurt. Exercise is good he says, so I'm going to take some exercise.
Tinca

Relating to this from ´14:
How is your SI these days.
I have just recently experienced the fury of my misaligned design flaw in my left part of my hip after 2 sucessful caminos, and is now undergoing treatment.. It just flared up one day when traveling on a train and is now wrecking my sleep...

Blessed be the Osteopaths and Chiropractors of this world in their curative, cruel practicies !! I hope they can put all my money to some good use !

What is your experience on the road, do you do exercises every day on the Camino and do you have special attention to which bed you use !?

I usually carry 10 - 12 kilos and use poles

Hi Stivrander, I'm still hiking!
I do do regular-ish yoga and other exercises to build and maintain core strength. I try to avoid carrying more than 6kg! And I ask the gods to look kindly on this old pagan.
I wish you a rapid return to comfort and health. And urge you to take another look at your packing list
Good luck amigo

Xactly, problem is I am going on DdlP with long stretches and being Scandi I pack for contingencsies...
But I will try.
thanx

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@Stivandrer I also urge you to try to lighten that load. Particularly because of the long stretches. On my last camino (the Madrid) I managed to significantly lessen my stuff by using the "don't pack your fears" principal. It worked. Having just finished, as I unbacked, I realised there are still a few things I could have done without.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.