• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Olavsleden accommodation and food list

Anna-Marie

I've been meaning to post this (attachment at the bottom) for a long time. It's an accommodation/food list that I put together last year, based on information in my English guidebook, the Olavsleden trip planner, and the most up-to-date accommodation list at the time (May 2018). So I imagine it's not totally up to date anymore. Also, some of the distances are off by at least a bit because I had to estimate, and as I recall the distance between Kvam and the previous place to stay is off by quite a bit (as it is in the English guidebook).

I can't seem to attach an editable document, though, so PM me with your email address if you'd like it as an Excel spreadsheet so you can edit it based on the most up-to-date info.

I should also mention that accommodation was a bit of a problem some of the time. I arrived in Trondheim on July 28, which is the rush period for this route. Tent-less people (and those, like me, who don't like to camp in storms) got rather stressed out about accommodation at times, partly because in some places it's pretty limited and there were actually a number of pilgrims after Lillihammer (up to 15ish some nights), partly because the Jorundgard Middelaldersenter is closed for a weekend in July due to a country music/dance festival (and nearby accommodation also seems to be booked up), and partly because there were two groups of 20ish people who aimed for the 28th and filled some of the hotels and hostels. From what I understand, this is not an issue at other times.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Attachments

• Olavsleden accommodation.pdf
    185.2 KB · Views: 81
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for this. And I have a question: What units are the room prices? Are those Euros? Dollars? Something else? And WOW, that's expensive, if it's Euros or Dollars!

It's in Norwegian kroner. And a lot of even the dorm accommodation is quite expensive compared with the Camino ... but not nearly as much as if that were dollars or euros!

Also you can legally camp anywhere outside towns, as long as you're 100 to 200 metres from a house. (The numbers I found/heard varied.)

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks @Anna-Marie! No such thing as too much information when it comes to accommodations and shops, so I'll bring your list along this summer. Nice that you also listed your recommendations.

You're welcome! Let me know if you want the editable version.

The "recommended"s might be from the column on reservations are required/recommended. I did add a few comments, though, when I could remember particular details. I also didn't stay in a lot of the places, as I wild camped about half the time.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back