• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Old but unbowed

A selection of Camino Jewellery
All being well I will be starting to walk on 3/5, hope we meet up at some point

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Take enough water and some small snacks with you on the road as between Santarem and Coimbra the infrastrucrure is not always where you want it to be, and the stages are long in genaral. There might be some aggressive farmers' dogs, so be warned that not all of them are on the leash there, after Porto is ok. And get ready for cobblestones to remember :) Other then these small hiccups the way was great! Bom Caminho!

I am not sure if the guides start from Lisbon but hope you do not make the same mistake I made - not taking a guide. I got lost so many times in the cities until I arrived in Porto. Camino de Santiago is not well known to people in Portugal as in Spain. If you ask where the Camino de Santiago is, they will point you to a road that runs north/south.
Once a car stopped to ask me where I am going(with backpack).
If get lost without a guide, just walk on the major (car)road until you get to the next town where hopefully you can find the Camino until you get lost again.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am not sure if the guides start from Lisbon but hope you do not make the same mistake I made - not taking a guide. I got lost so many times in the cities until I arrived in Porto. Camino de Santiago is not well known to people in Portugal as in Spain. If you ask where the Camino de Santiago is, they will point you to a road that runs north/south.
If get lost without a guide, just walk on the major (car)road until you get to the next town where hopefully you can find the Camino until you get lost again.
Agree that Portuguese are not aware of Camino de Santiago in general as for them it's all about Fatima instead. Although I found the way marked well for both Santiago (yellow sings) and Fatima (blue signs), at least it was like that late last year. I used John Brierly's guide and it was helpful, although had to ask for directions in towns from locals sometimes.

All being well I will be starting to walk on 3/5, hope we meet up at some point
Thank you for this advice - I share your dislike of walking through cities.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back