• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Old Testament blister solution

A

Anonymous

The following advice is from the May newsletter CAMINO N° 81 MAI 2009 Cyber-bulletin international d’information du pèlerin et du randonneur bulletinCamino@aol.com

How can you avoid blisters? The answer is in the Old Testament: " 40 years in the desert and their feet did not swell" (Nehemiah, 9:21), and " Your foot did not swell during these forty years!" (Deutéronomy 8:4); 40 years pilgrimage, and not a blister!

Reading this in the Old Testament, the logical Gallic pèlerins come up with a simple solution to avoid blisters: instead of rushing to Santiago in three or four weeks, just take forty years to walk the Camino and you will have no problems. You have to hand it to the French pilgrims: this is quite a remarkable discovery. Who else would have thought of this solution? Brilliant.

Gareth

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
And many of us will be well over 100 when we reach the end, thus extending our life expectancy substantially.

...well, seeing as an entire generation of Israelites died out in the desert during those 40 years, you gotta wonder about these Biblical promises. Whether you live or die, I guess you reach SOME "promised land" or other!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
...another more simple approach would be to purchase good footwear and smart wool socks....but, hey, walking for 40 years sounds interesting....why not!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am starting the Route Frances on May 20 and looking at weather to pick my clothes but also figured I should factor the bug situation into the equation since I don't want to weigh down my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.