• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oloron-Sainte-Marie to Jaca

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
I promised myself I would disconnect from the world on my way to Logrono, but....
Here is my report from the end of May 2015.
The weather crossing the mountains has been great, just a light shower falling a few days ago. On my first day out of Oloron I saw only 5 other pilgrims on the way to Sarrance and in Sarrance I was the only pilgrim staying at the monastery. I had a wonderful communal dinner and breakfast with the novices and priests. From Sarrance to Borce I saw only one pilgrim and once again was not sharing space at the albergue. Once I got to Canfranc Estacion there were about 10 folks staying at Pepito Grillo. What a thrill it is to walk all alone.
Friday in the light rain the path along the river was a challenge, it was very slippery and there are a number of spots where debris or trees have fallen making the narrow path several hunderd metres above the river below even more adventuresome.
The albergue in Jaca has 6 pilgrims tonight. I highly recommend this way to start the Camino if you enjoy a challenge and your solitude.
Note to self--if you want to be connected to your US internet services the next time make sure you have the SIM Card for your US phone number. The security measures for gaining access on a public computer now requires that you respond with a code they send to your cellphone.
Oh well, that suits me just fine because that was my plan to begin with.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back