• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oloron Ste. Marie Berets

Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
I'm informed that the last factory in France actually making the traditional beret in the traditional way is Laulhere, in Oloron Ste. Marie, between Lourdes and the Somport Pass.

Anyone know if the factory has some sort of retail outlet in Oloron Ste. Marie?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm informed that the last factory in France actually making the traditional beret in the traditional way is Laulhere, in Oloron Ste. Marie, between Lourdes and the Somport Pass.

Anyone know if the factory has some sort of retail outlet in Oloron Ste. Marie?

I’ve sent them an email about whether or not they sell to the public from their factory but I’d be surprised if they don’t as it looks like they also do short tours. When I receive a response I’ll let you know.

Here’s their website:
http://www.laulhere-france.com/en/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When are you planning this stroll on the Aragones, Rev? I have my eye on it for July next year...

When are you planning this stroll on the Aragones, Rev? I have my eye on it for July next year...

July, eh? Thanks for asking, but I'm booked to walk with a Sillydoll organized group walk -- almost all Camino veterans like myself! -- departing Lourdes on 20 May and linking up with the Frances at Puente la Reina on 4 June 2018. Google Amawalkers for further information, but do so quickly - I suspect that my group is filling fast....

Could I walk the Aragones solo? Certainly! I choose not to do, so for reasons that seem sufficient to me -- and that is what matters, eh?! I've walked more than once with a Sillydoll group, and I've enjoyed the educated and stimulating folks that Amawalkers seems to attract.....

Last edited:
I have been advised that, "You can tour the maker of the berets between 2 pm and 6 pm each day. It is a small business and you will enjoy Sara. If I remember they were about 60€ each.
You'll love that hike."

Worth every penny I'm sure.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Update: my son and I stopped by last week and they have closed their store. However, there is a shop in town by the river and the Tourism Office in both Oloron-Sainte-Marie and in Bedous sold them.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back