• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Olvidado Albergues with Kitchens

peregrina2000

Staff member
On our zoom Olvidado meeting, there were questions about whether the albergues had kitchens or not. I just happened to have a little extra time this morning ;) so I went back through the guide and did some searching and came up with this Information. I think I have found all the albergues currently existing on the Olvidado, but I may have missed a few, so help would be welcome.

Balmaseda (youth hostel) — dining room but no kitchen mentioned
Nava de Ordunte — basic acogida, but reports are that there is a kitchen
Espinosa (youth hostel) — cafeteria and dining room (I think they serve meals but you can’t prepare them)
Santelices — albergue in the train station, has a kitchen
Arija — albergue has a kitchen
Rivera de Pisuerga — albergue has a kitchen
Guardo — they serve meals (but the hospitalero is so nice he might let you use it)
Puente Almuhey — albergue closed, but the tourist apartments are offered for 15 or 20 € for pilgrims and there is a full kitchen
Cistierna — haven’t stayed in the albergue in years, but I remember a kitchen with no equipment.
La Ercina — kitchen with microwave and dishes
Boñar — touristic albergue — kitchen
Vegacervera — El Chaltén serves meals, don’t know if they will let you use kitchen
Buiza — kitchen
Magdalena — no kitchen (but plans are to improve this basic acogida, currently no hot water)
Vegarienza — kitchen with microwave
Fasgar — kitchen
Igüeña — no kitchen

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I can confirm that the Cistierna albergue still has very little kitchen equipment as of April 2019.

I'd heard that the albergue in Cervera de Pisuera (Rivera de Pisuerga?) closed last fall and it no longer appears on the lodging list at https://caminoolvidado.com/etapa8/. I hope it's just a temporary closure - Blanca and her albergue were delightful! Without that, I'm not sure if there's anywhere in town to stay with a kitchen.

I can confirm that the Cistierna albergue still has very little kitchen equipment as of April 2019.

I'd heard that the albergue in Cervera de Pisuera (Rivera de Pisuerga?) closed last fall and it no longer appears on the lodging list at https://caminoolvidado.com/etapa8/. I hope it's just a temporary closure - Blanca and her albergue were delightful! Without that, I'm not sure if there's anywhere in town to stay with a kitchen.

Thanks for that update, HeatherV. I did a bit more scouting and did find some indication that it may be a temporary closure.

I agree with you that it is a great place to stay, we really enjoyed our stay there. And I remember an excellent meal in a restaurant down on the “main drag”, whose name escapes me.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back