• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On my own

Rongil123

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
Dates are flexible - I am considering doing the camino Frances from the start heading all the way to the Atlantic towards the end of June and I was wondering if anyone fancies a walking buddy - I'm very outgoing and im not overly used to be being on my own much in life. I am finding my biggest hurdle to commit to getting on the road is the thoughts that I'll be alone. I know at times once I get going having my own space and time to reflect will be amazing and im not looking someone to hold my hand just it would be nice to do the journey with someone and to know I have someone around me

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dates are flexible - I am considering doing the camino Frances from the start heading all the way to the Atlantic towards the end of June and I was wondering if anyone fancies a walking buddy - I'm very outgoing and im not overly used to be being on my own much in life. I am finding my biggest hurdle to commit to getting on the road is the thoughts that I'll be alone. I know at times once I get going having my own space and time to reflect will be amazing and im not looking someone to hold my hand just it would be nice to do the journey with someone and to know I have someone around me
Don't worry, you will find all the walking buddies that you want during the summer on the Camino. I don't think that it's a good idea to commit to walking with someone that you don't even know. On the Camino you can walk with others or alone, depending on your mood of the day.

Welcome to the forum, Rongil; it's good to have you here.

You can count on making friends quickly on Camino, if you choose to do so. You won't be alone unless you wish to be. :) It is surprisingly quick and easy for those who wish to do so to make warm connections with others; after all there are terrific commonalities among pilgrims, and many are so very willing to being open to others around them.

I think that those who have the most difficulty connecting with others are those who are so introverted and painfully shy that it is harder for them to try and make friends than it is to deal with the discomfort of feeling lonely. Others prefer to be more to themselves and like it that way. Others flitter back and forth between embracing alone time, and then becoming actively social as the need arrives.

In other words, until you are on Camino it is a bit difficult to imagine how easy it is to not be alone and lonely.

The Camino Provides. And that applies to social needs and connections as well. :cool::D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Being on your own for more than an hour, on the CF in June..........might be hard to pull off ;);)
Plenty of buddies out there ........... looking for buddies along the way........

Well, you won't be alone alone - not at that time of the year.
One question I'll gently pose (and it's one that you don't need to answer publicly, just to yourself) is whether you're using extroversion as anesthetic. If so, you'll be in for a challenge - it's the best possible challenge, but definitely not easy - as Robert has mentioned in another thread:
the number one reason why people quit--they hate being alone with themselves and/or being forced to take inventory of their lives. And they can't wait to get back home to allow the Novocain of life (e.g. watching television, surfing the internet, going shopping, or attending sporting events, etc.) to dull the pain of their souls.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
One question I'll gently pose...is whether you're using extroversion as anesthetic. If so, you'll be in for a challenge - it's the best possible challenge, ...
And if so - that's the best the Camino can offer to you!!!
Take time and space so your inner self can speak to yourself.

Don't worry. Feel and embrace!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You are so blessed to have the opportunity to go and to have a sense of adventure. Do not worry about going solo. I went solo and loved it, and had some wonderful times with others. Carpe diem!

I agree with above advice. I would not arrange to walk with a complete stranger. You can't possibly know their speed of hiking, compatibility, personality, etc. As you walk and find your pace, you will meet others on the route who are also about your pace. You will see them most days and you will find some who are compatible and fun. After jockeying for a few days meeting various folks, I fell in with a French family (two sisters and younger brother) who included me for the next 16 days. We are still in touch. The camino does provide. We each brought strengths / skills to the team. Relax and go with it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I can appreciate that. I'm not going then, but have done it twice now. You'll meet lots of people, and plenty of them also walking alone who'll be delighted to have your company. Also - there were four of us and we met two separate 'singles' who joined us. It was wonderful! Buen camino!

I start walking May 7, and also going to Muxia and Fisterre, maybe too soon for your timing but am open to walking together. And if the time comes that privacy is preferred, that is ok too.

You will meet some great people. Priority is the same pace, or just meet up at the end of the day. I so called walked alone but there was always someone I passed or they overtook me.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back