• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On our way!

JP

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014 & 2017
Camino Portuguese 2016
Camino Del Norte 2019.
Looks like my friend is getting the vacation time we need to walk the Camino Frances, so we will probably be buying our tickets to Biarritz on Monday. Should arrive in Biarritz on the 19th of April and we will take the Express Bourricot to St Jean Pied de Port. We plan on taking it easy the first few days, so our first stop on the 20th will be Orisson if we can reserve a bed. Next day will be Roncesvalles and after that Zubiri......................and if we have time all the way to Finisterra. If you see us chattering away in French on the Camino, don't be shy to speak to us in English and say Hi! We are both bilingual and capable of a little bit of Tourist Spanish for good measure.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Fantastic, JP, I'm so excited for you to finalize your plans and let your journey begin- it's an amazing feeling isn't it??

Buen Camino :)

Looks like my friend is getting the vacation time we need to walk the Camino Frances, so we will probably be buying our tickets to Biarritz on Monday. Should arrive in Biarritz on the 19th of April and hope to take the Express Bourricot to St Jean Pied de Port. We plan on taking it easy the first few days, so our first stop on the 20th will be Orisson if we can reserve a bed. Next day will be Roncesvalles and after that Zubiri......................and if we have time all the way to Finisterra. If you see us chattering away in French on the Camino, don't be shy to speak to us in English and say Hi! We are both bilingual and capable of a little bit of Tourist Spanish for good measure.

How wonderful to get this opportunity! I wish you buen camino! Keep us posted along the way!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
"
You'll probably pass me along the way, looking forward to meeting you.
Buen Camino!"

We will be going slow at first also, untill we get a feel for walking the long distances, see you on the Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Our trip compared to others is a spur of the moment thing, only started planning and training in late August really. After months of uncertainty, it is nice to finally be on our way. Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement over the last few months. Now it is time for the long winding countdown to our flight to France on the 18th of April and the start of our walk in St Jean Pied de Port on the 20th of April 2014.

Bought the tickets this afternoon we are now going to walk the Camino!

Plane leaves Montréal on the 18th of April and lands in Paris followed by a short flight to Biarritz and then a Taxi (Express Bourricot) to St-Jean Pied de Port on the 19th of April. Made a reservation at a local St Jean Hotel, not taking a chance all the Albergue/Hostel fill up during Easter weekend. On Sunday Morning the 20th 0f April 2014 we start walking to Santiago de Compostella! First stop is Refuge Orisson, made reservations today. Not giving any excuses for my friend to change her mind, once we are in the Hills she won't have a choice but to walk. Ha! Ha!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very envious but delighted for you! Very exciting. Enjoy and buen camino !

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back