• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino again

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Of course, I will keep you informed

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On the Camino again. Next Tuesday 7th, I leave from Pamplona to San Vicente de la Barquera by bus, to start from here, the Camino Lebaniego- Vadiniense, until León.
Buen camino para todos.
Wishing you Buen Camino Mike...all the best and enjoy your walk. :)

Buen camino Mikel!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Today I started my Camino Levaniego.
In San Vicente de la Barquera there aren't any albergue open. You can't get the credencial.
I continue to Serdios. The Hospitalera made me one copy credencial for Internet.56852

As far as I was informed, the only place to get a Lebaniego credential is in the cathedral of Santander. I got mine there for 2euros.
However, there is no problem in using the Santiago credential on the Lebaniego. Future pilgrims can get them from this forum or from their local Camino Associations.

I hope you have an awesome camino, Mikel!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Segundo día: De Serdio a La Fuente. 30,66Km.
Dear Pilgrim friends, you will alowe me to write in Spanish, it is easierfor me to express me my experiences.
I think there will be no problem to understand using Google transistor.
Muchas gracias

De Serdio hasta Muñorrodero,
No problemas.Si llueve, NO SEGUIR el Camino Lebaniego, es una senda y puede haber mucho barro. CONTINUAR por la carretera - Camino del Norte hasta Muñorrodero. Van paralelos.
Hay que caminar hasta la Iglesia del pueblo.
verás Flechas Amarillas en dirección contraria, NO IMPORTA, seguir hasta la Iglesia, ahí encontraréis las Flechas Rojas.
En este punto empezáis la Senda del Rio Nansa EXPECTACULAR, seguír la senda VARIANTES AGUAS BAJAS, ya no hay pérdida.
Ir siempre por el río, bien señalizado y muy buen camino hasta Puente el Arrudo.
A partir de este punto todo es carretera sin tráfico.
ATENCIÓN, desde Muñorrodero hasta La Fuente, NO HAY NADA ABIERTO.
NO BAR, NO TIENDAS, NADA

El albergue de La Fuente, fantástico. Nuevo, muy limpio, mucha luz, amplio.
Y lo más importante 12 € cena y desayuno incluido.
Esta noche duermo solo, no he visto a ningún Peregrino.

De Serdio hasta Muñorrodero,
No problemas.Si llueve, NO SEGUIR el Camino Lebaniego, es una senda y puede haber mucho barro. CONTINUAR por la carretera - Camino del Norte hasta Muñorrodero. Van paralelos.
Hay que caminar hasta la Iglesia del pueblo.
verás Flechas Amarillas en dirección contraria, NO IMPORTA, seguir hasta la Iglesia, ahí encontraréis las Flechas Rojas.
En este punto empezáis la Senda del Rio Nansa EXPECTACULAR, seguír la senda VARIANTES AGUAS BAJAS, ya no hay pérdida.
Ir siempre por el río, bien señalizado y muy buen camino hasta Puente el Arrudo.
A partir de este punto todo es carretera sin tráfico.
ATENCIÓN, desde Muñorrodero hasta La Fuente, NO HAY NADA ABIERTO.
NO BAR, NO TIENDAS, NADA

El albergue de La Fuente, fantástico. Nuevo, muy limpio, mucha luz, amplio.
Y lo más importante 12 € cena y desayuno incluido.
Esta noche duermo solo, no he visto a ningún Peregrino.

For those who need a translation, I tried my best here:

From Serdio to Muñorrodero,
No problems. If it rains, DO NOT FOLLOW the Camino Lebaniego, it is a natural path and there may be a lot of mud. Continue on the road - Camino del Norte to Muñorrodero. They go parallel.
You have to walk to the village church.
You will see Yellow Arrows in the opposite direction, NO MATTER, follow to the Church, there you will find the Red Arrows.
At this point you start the EXPECTACULAR Nansa River Trail, follow the LOW WATERS VARIANT trail, there is no way to get lost.
Always go along the river, well signposted and very good road to Puente el Arrudo.
From this point everything is road without traffic.
ATTENTION, from Muñorrodero to La Fuente, THERE IS NOTHING OPEN.
NO BAR, NO SHOPS, NOTHING

The hostel of La Fuente, fantastic. New, very clean, lots of light, spacious.
And most importantly € 12 dinner and breakfast included.
I sleep alone tonight, I have not seen any Pilgrim.

Thank you for your info, Mikel!
Interestingly, I went by the river and took the Variante Aguas Bajas just 10 days ago... and it was so hard! o_O Just shows how each pilgrim is different :) I wrote about it here.

Your next day will be filled with wonderful landscapes, and probably nothing open again :p Where are you planning to go?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Muchas gracias Anamya.

De nada :)

Food was a big issue for us as well. please let us know how your Day 3 went! :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Today a very hard stage. Beautiful landscapes.
All closed until Tama, 4 km. before Potes.
I have been very hungry.
Very hard the climbs and descents

Today a very hard stage. Beautiful landscapes.
All closed until Tama, 4 km. before Potes.
I have been very hungry.
Very hard the climbs and descents
You have been very hungry. I am sorry for you, Mikel. I sincerely hope you have since had your hunger assuaged! did you see the rain today in Santiago? Similar here in Dublin. And now the sun is sending me to sleep...
Keep posting, you have followers...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Okay, I've got to be honest... I'm getting concerned about doing this in August.

The trail is HARD. I hope you got the food issue sorted, Mikel. At least, from Tama onwards, there are cities with places to eat.

We carried bread and salami with us that was enough for 3 days, but we ran out of food by day 3 as well... and we were desperate for a real meal. Food is probably the most worrying issue on this camino, followed by the difficult trail.

Food is the least of my concerns (ironically) because, I practice intermittent fasting. A water filtration system would cover my water needs but wow...I think my lungs would explode.
You all impress the socks off of me!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola Mikel,

I did this way with my sister 2017 and you put a smile one my face with your photos👍

Tomorrow it will be also a walk through wonderful nature, uphill all day. But not so steep, much more steady and good to walk if you take your time. Take care for a good breakfast and in the best case a lunch package. Fortunately, there's not " so thirsty weather" in the moment, as we say in the German language.

I'll just write down some of our experiences, maybe they'll help you.

On the stage between Espinama/Fuente Dé and Portilla de la Reina is nothing, except nature. Uphill on the way to Horcada de Valcavao there will be a few places with fresh water. Downhill via Puerto de Pandetrave to Portilla there is only one place with water, just after you entered the road and turn left. From now on, you just have to look forward to a great dinner at the hostal in Portilla, it was fantastic.

If you want to sleep the next day in the very very nice Albergue in Horcadas (a dream, great recommendation!!!) eat your Dinner in Riano, or better, buy something (also for breakfast) and cook a nice meal in the very good equipt kitchen. The Albergue is just at the entrance of the village, you can get the key at Lolly´s bar.

On your way further, when you walk through the tunnel at the end of the lake and you can already see the dam, you have to turn left (inside the tunnel). When we were there, the arrows were a little light.

The Albergue in Cistierna has everything what a pilgrim really needs, but nothing more. This hostel simply has a "bad place" between the two great Albergues in Horcadas and Gradefes, so the first impression is worse than it actually is. Inside better than outside - it´s ok.

The Albergue in Gradefes is the last house of the village, directly at the camino and is as good as Horcadas. Of course different, but also very good and very good equipt.

On your way to Mansilla or Puente de Villarente (what we did) you will not find a bar, but enough places to fill up your water

In Puente de Villarente we slept in the Albergue San Pelayo - very nice.

I wish you all the best for your way.

Buen camino Mikel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Today I started my Camino Levaniego.
In San Vicente de la Barquera there aren't any albergue open. You can't get the credencial.
I continue to Serdios. The Hospitalera made me one copy credencial for Internet.View attachment 56852
Great picture!!! I was in the Albergue when the artist was there painting. She had a few ladders and was hopping around and climbing up and down like a monkey!

@Mikel Olivares , such cute photo with the owl! How was your visit to the Monastery? That looks a lot like the wall near the entrance :)

I just remembered something important for people thinking about doing this camino: the Monastery closes between 1pm-4pm, so arrivals have to be well timed :)

@Michael; Camino-addicted excellent info on the further oute, thanks!

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Estoy casi un poco celoso - pero me hace feliz desde el fondo de mi corazón por ti. Impresionante, fantástico.

I'm almost a little jealous - but it makes me happy from the bottom of my heart for you. Impressive, fantastic.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Today from Portilla de la Reina to Horcadas, all way for road, No tránsito.
At Horcadas there is a good Casa Rural " Nevada " breakfast Included
No bar, no restaurante , no Shop.
NADA .

Where is Lolly, the owner of the very little bar? I hope she is doing well - she was not the youngest but two years ago fit like a running shoe.

Tomorrow it will be much better after the tunnel (turn left 👈 at the very end of it)

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Yesterday last day of mountain, from Horcada to Cistierna. From here, the "Meseta".
A beautiful walk through a "Calzada Romana". It´s of the 1st century B. C.
and paths through forests following the Esla river.
Albergue of pilgrims in Cistierna, acceptable. We only sleep on it, 3 pilgrims.

For me it is the last day, I must return to Pamplona for family matters, nothing serious.[/COLOR]

Gracias a todos por seguirme y Buen Camino
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Until the next Camino.[/COLOR]

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back