• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
east of Villafranca del Bierzo
photo taken November 27, 2013

towards Villafranca del Bierzo.jpg

Where exactly is this?

The photo was taken as I walked on a dirt road crossing vineyards east of Villafranca del Bierzo. Wine by the glass was offered in the small building with a sign posted nearby.

Can someone please identify this location and cite the latitude/longitude ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
April 18, 2019 - Foncebadón to Ponferrada - Meditation theme: Curiosity
Today was a difficult descent (for me anyway) of about 1,000 meters over the course of the day. We left Foncebadón around 8:00 am and checked in to our albergue in Ponferrada at 4:00 pm. In the early morning mist, we paused at the Cruz de Ferro with its huge pile of stones that represent the cast-off cares and worries of countless pilgrims. Soon after that we were greeted by some joyful spring flowers on the hillsides. I hope this short panoramic video from today’s walk “with my head in the clouds” evokes fond memories for those of you who have walked this section of the CF, just before the descent into Molinaseca. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HOe7FnvReC8e_YMOUKn6jxPgLagBSdYh/view?usp=sharing

IMG_20190418_124302_1.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Villatuerta, private albergue
photos taken October 20, 2011

View attachment 97567

This rough pebble floored space is the entrance hall of the Casa Magica, a 300 years old farmhouse in Villatuerta where I stayed in 2011. In the past grapes for vino tinto were stamped/crushed on that floor.

Renovated/repurposed as an albergue by the hosts the on-going adaptation was charming. Family furniture, bits and pieces, plus new basics were well mixed together.

View attachment 97568

The loggia strung with colorful hammocks for shady siestas out of the sun would be very appealing during summer heat, but it was not quite as inviting in the October chill.

View attachment 97569

However, my tiny nook was very cozy for autumn sleeping. A German woman, the only other pilgrim, and I each had one within a larger dorm. How nice it was to have a "room" of one's own, even if miniscule, after other nights in crowded spaces!

Best of all the well positioned stainless steel showers sprayed limitless hot water onto you, not the walls, and draining immediately left no slippery puddles on the floor. Bliss.

I wonder if today the Casa is still as magical as it was 10 years ago?

Thank you for your lovely photographs, @mspath ❤️

They brought back wonderful memories.

We stayed there in 2009; it was my favourite albuerge ... and Simone and Manuel were our favourite hospitaleros ... unforgettable!!!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Villamayor de Monjardin, tomato
photo taken October 25, 2014

Local color.jpg

Local color and kindness

West from Estella grew several lush beds of giant salsify and ripe tomatoes; how tasty they looked in the golden sunlight of October.

When I asked about lunch possibilities the friendly hospitalero in then new Villamayor de Monjardin private albergue offered me this splendid tomato still warm with sun from his father's nearby fields. When cut and drizzled with fresh olive oil it was perfect.

All these years later I remember the delicious taste of that tomato and the kindness of his simple act.

Three photos today but of the one place! Albergue Witericus is a beautiful hidden gem in the forest just a short way of the Camino del Norte near Carballedo.
The owner Helena (pictured) and her daughter were very kind and hospitable. Only four of us ( two dutch ladies whom we had met along the way and walked with) stayed the night we were there, it only accommodates nine. We had been walking in rain and it was raining quite heavily while we were there, so we were all glad to have found such a quiet cosy place to stay.
20180609_082349.jpg20180609_082034.jpgIMG_6458.JPG

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Perhaps it is one of those crossings on stones after Melide ? Boenté?
I have not got clear information, but your guess is more or less in the area, on the final stretch towards Santiago. Sorry I can't be more precise.

April 19, 2019 - Ponferrada to Villafranca del Bierzo - Meditation theme: Duty
This day was Good Friday. As we left Ponferrada in the early morning, we passed right by the Castillo de los Templarios, where we came upon this scene of El Real Hermandad de Jesus Nazareno preparing for their Good Friday procession and services, as the ‘cofradia’ has done annually for about 400 years.

IMG_20190419_080538_1.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
View attachment 98127
I am sure there will be similar photos of these shells in many albums.
Kirkie,
Walking into Pamplona I often passed a small house decorated with many shells on the Camino Burlada near the puente de la Magdelina. It was great folkart.

Not exactly on the camino but on the way to. I flew to Paris, then to Biarritz where I stayed the night before the last leg of my journey by train to St. Jean Pied de Port. A wonderful late afternoon and evening wandering and exploring Biarritz a bit and watching the sunset from this beach.

biarritz.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
"near" Ledigos, sign
photo taken November 6, 2010

near Legidos.jpg

Where and what?

This sign is a folkart delight. My notes, (not GPS) locate it "near" Ledigos. However the church in Ledigos has one tower, not two.

Thus, can someone please identify the location of this sign citing latitude/longitude and perhaps identify what church it depicts?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Pasta.jpg

The main meal of the day in the albergue municipal in Azofra. CF 2011.
The kind of pasta that you only seem to make on a Camino.
Tomatopassata, can of tuna , a red bell pepper and some basic herbs. Forget the garlic / onion because that means too much chopping after a long walking day... ;)
Will not win a cookery prize but my fellow pilgrim for the first 19 days and I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Ponferrada, May 5, 2018. Spring Fair on the street in front of the Aldi Hotel where I was staying. It was exactly what I needed when I was starting to feel low again (my first breakdown was in Astorga, and I was close to #2 this day). I wasn't sure what I had experienced that night, but found an article about it after I was home: https://www.infobierzo.com/el-rebuj...de-la-avenida-la-puebla-de-ponferrada/392301/

1618894341936.png

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
April 20, 2019 - Villafranca del Bierzo to La Faba - Meditation theme: Reliability
In the Iglesia San Andrés, next to the albergue in the very small pueblo of La Faba (pop. 25), this side altar seems to be designated to receive notes of thanks and prayer requests from pilgrims. One of the hospitaleras told us that during some past repairs and renovations, a few graves were discovered and excavated near the church. The graves contained remains from hundreds of years ago, and although nameless now, some were identified as pilgrims because of the scallop shell artefacts found interred with them.

IMG_20190420_163649.jpg

View attachment 98214
The location is a few hundred metres out of Bercianos. I am wondering if it is a fantasy depiction of the Santiago Cathedral or even that of Leon?
Thanks Renshaw. Can you mark your photo on a map to get long./lat. ? By "out of" do you mean before or after?

View attachment 98211

The main meal of the day in the albergue municipal in Azofra. CF 2011.
The kind of pasta that you only seem to make on a Camino.
Tomatopassata, can of tuna , a red bell pepper and some basic herbs. Forget the garlic / onion because that means too much chopping after a long walking day... ;)
Will not win a cookery price but my fellow pilgrim for the first 19 days and I enjoyed it.
Tasty and hot it would have been delicious!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am sorry, name and place are both lost in the mists of time. This is 2 photos after the previous one I posted with the shells, and we are on the final leg to Santiago. I think. I hope!
(I wish I could do that CF again, but I cannot.
I might do it another time, but it would not be the same CF.)

359.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks Renshaw. Can you mark your photo on a map to get long./lat. ? By "out of" do you mean before or after?
Margret , I am so useless at this , the sign is on the left of Calle Major , opposite a fairly modern building . You need to emulate the photo by using the poplar trees. It is there. This is exiting town. There is nothing similar to the painting in the following town.

Attachments

• Berciaonos sign 003.JPG
    Berciaonos sign 003.JPG
    725.3 KB · Views: 28
Margret , I am so useless at this , the sign is on the left of Calle Major , opposite a fairly modern building . You need to emulate the photo by using the poplar trees. It is there. This is exiting town. There is nothing similar to the painting in the following town.
Thanks again Renshaw. I will try to plot it and send you that info. Carpe diem.
M.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I chose this one as iconic for me of the Camino. Here’s the story...the woman on the right is the subject of the story and her daughter is on the left. I’m not sure how it began but the woman on the right and I spent a whole morning walking together. She’s from Brazil and speaks only Portuguese. I’m from the US and am just learning Spanish. Believe it or not without a common language we shared a significant conversation during those hours we walked together. We shared the joys of our families and some very painful bits of our lives. At one point we stopped as she wept. She said several times that she felt that our conversation was the reason she had come to walk the Camino. She looked forward to the arrival 3 days later of her daughter who would walk the rest of the way with her. We split up at the lunch stop and I didn’t see her again until we ran into each other a week later and I snapped this photo. We exchanged contact info but somehow that slip of paper got lost. Our moment of deep sharing was to be just that morning. It was a gift I will always treasure.FDD65A91-BCD8-4043-9032-ED8485FFAC9F.jpeg

A First Day hike to get us back on track walking more regularly so we are ready to walk a camino when possible. It was pouring rain and slippery- brought back memories of both our Coastal Portugues and Vasco. We did however get to finally test rain gear purchased last Jan. They passed the test- we are ready.
View attachment 90409
Beautiful photo! I’m curious what rain gear did you purchase that you are happy with?

€149,-
Monastery of Santa Maria de Sobrado. Originally built in 952, when it was dedicated to San Salvador. By the 12thC it was abandoned, before the Cistercians began monastic life there.
After a period of decline, in 1498 Sobrado was the first abbey in Galicia to join the Castilian Cistercian Congregation.
The monumental new Baroque abbey church was dedicated in 1708. Most of the conventual buildings were also rebuilt at this time.
The dissolution of the monasteries enforced by the government of Mendizabal in 1835 put an end to the abbey, and the abandoned buildings fell into decay.
In 1954 the Cistercian ( Trappist) monks of Viaceli Abbey in Cobreces, west of Santander, began reconstruction, having already refounded and restored Huerta Abbey in 1929, and were able to resettle the monastery with a new community in 1966.
We were lucky to be there for an evening concert of three Galician choirs including a children's choir.
20180610_133553.jpg20180610_181303.jpg

April 21, 2019 - La Faba to Triacastela - Meditation theme: Trust
This day was Easter Sunday. When we reached O’Cebreiro, one of the highest points on the Camino Francés, we decided to rest a while. Thomas, our Danish companion, went exploring the small pueblo, but soon he came rushing over to me in an aura of excitement saying, “Come quickly to the church!” I will be forever thankful that I followed his urging. Could I ever have imagined such a beautiful Easter Morning sight, with the sunlight piercing the smoke wafting around the altar with its crucifix, and the pungent aroma of frankincense to tickle our noses!

IMG_20190421_092409.jpg

Monastery of Santa Maria de Sobrado. Originally built in 952, when it was dedicated to San Salvador. By the 12thC it was abandoned, before the Cistercians began monastic life there.
After a period of decline, in 1498 Sobrado was the first abbey in Galicia to join the Castilian Cistercian Congregation.
The monumental new Baroque abbey church was dedicated in 1708. Most of the conventual buildings were also rebuilt at this time.
The dissolution of the monasteries enforced by the government of Mendizabal in 1835 put an end to the abbey, and the abandoned buildings fell into decay.
In 1954 the Cistercian ( Trappist) monks of Viaceli Abbey in Cobreces, west of Santander, began reconstruction, having already refounded and restored Huerta Abbey in 1929, and were able to resettle the monastery with a new community in 1966.
We were lucky to be there for an evening concert of three Galician choirs including a children's choir.
View attachment 98301View attachment 98302
Thanks for sharing your evocative photos. March 2007 I detoured from Arzua to Sobrado and attended Vespers with one other 'outsider'.
It was a true privilege to share such a timeless ambiance.

Camino 2012 485.JPGCamino 2012 486.JPGCamino 2012 488.JPG
Bercianos ,
Posted a while back , note the small bodegas directly below the church tower. After a very rainy season the roof of the bodegas collapsed and that was the end of the tower which in turn took the entire church with it. Some of the ruins are still to be seen , as well some of the dead tree.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Cofradia del Santo
photos taken February 22, 2006

Historic cold

This post discusses an old albergue space of the local confraternity , Cofradia del Santo.
First established in the 12th c. to help/host pilgrims the confraternity continues today.

Cofradia del Santo%0A.jpg

Walking 16 km in February from Najera to Santo Domingo de la Calzada was exhausting. At the Cofradia del Santo headquarters the door on the left was open; a poster inside read "telephone to stay"; I called and was told to wait for the hospitalero.

When the young seminarian/ hospitalero arrived we climbed an historic staircase to this simple albergue space; he tried unsuccessfully to turn on the heater.

old albergue.JPG

Facilities included beds for 20 plus extra blankets, a simple hot plate, kettle and one shower/ toilet combo.

An Irish guy arrived; shivering we shared tea, biscuits and conversation. We chose bunks along the interior partition, not against an exterior wall, since old walls are often uninsulated and frigid; a 'sandwich' for sleeping was made by folding a blanket in half the long way, placing the sleeping bag on top of the bottom half and pulling the top half over all.

Nevertheless at dawn the albergue was truly freezing; I could see my white breath. Leaving when the famous garden coop chickens crowed, I was relatively warm in a nearby cafe eating a hot breakfast.

If you stay at the multi-story 211 bed extremely comfortable Cofradia albergue which opened 2013 adjacent to the medieval headquarters do recollect how simple their facility once was.

Last edited:
O Cebreiro.jpg

O Cebreiro. CF 2011.
I only started in Vega de Valcarce that day and arrived rather early. I overestimated the steepness of the climb and could have walked further but there is something nice to have a lazy afternoon on a Camino.
I stayed in the Xunta albergue and I found it more than ok ( I read regularly that people do not like the setup ).

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
April 22, 2019 -Triacastela to Morgade - Meditation theme: Courage
We are enjoying some spectacular vistas descending this section of the Cantabrian Mountains as the sun comes up over the hills behind us. Today is “Milestone Monday” because we passed the one million step milestone on our Camino! Here is a photo of our room at the Casa Morgade albergue that evening. Do you notice anything unusual? No bunk beds! Hallelujah!!! That is a rarity! And look at the size of those beds! This was one of the best albergues I experienced on the Camino. It is run by 4 ladies who do a tremendous job.

IMG_20190422_155752.jpg

Thanks for sharing your evocative photos. March 2007 I detoured from Arzua to Sobrado and attended Vespers with one other 'outsider'.
It was a true privilege to share such a timeless ambiance.
We were also very fortunate to go to Vespers, we ducked out of the concert before it finished so we could do this and it was a very meaningful experience. There were only a few of the pilgrims staying that night who attended Vespers, we felt very privileged to have this experience.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Beautiful photo! I’m curious what rain gear did you purchase that you are happy with?
I purchased Mountain Hardware rain pants as we had been walking with only rain jackets and got soaked to the skin on the Portugues (18) and Vasco (19). I found them on sale and we are very happy with them even though we had to wait almost a year to use them. Light weight and with ankle zippers so they can be pulled on quickly over my very wide Altras. I believe they are similar to these: https://www.sierra.com/mountain-hardwear-exponent-2-rain-pants-waterproof-for-men~p~706gh/ 🙂 ☔

Out of Ferrol.jpg

The good , the bad & the ugly.
Camino Ingles out of Ferrol.
That is a Camino also.

In the ugly part ( or less pretty ! ) is the commercial/ industrial part of Ferrol. Spot the McDonalds and another big supermarket sign ( Lidl ). Perfect if you want to have a toiletbreak.

I don' t mind these areas when walking. It makes me even more aware and grateful that I'm able to take off time from work when other people take care of their shops/ go to the factory.
I alwys try to give a quick wave or a greeting.

Last edited:

€60,-
April 23, 2019 - Morgade to Portos - Meditation theme: Self-confidence
As we trekked through Portomarin, we stopped in a restaurant for a late breakfast. I asked our server if there was any Tarta de Santiago (I developed quite a liking for that cake!). She told us it had just arrived from the bakery. As she opened the box, I asked if I could please take a picture … so here is the Tarta de Santiago just before we got at it! A traditional local cake made with almond flour, and it is simply sumptuous with café con leche, muy caliente! Why not look up a recipe? Later, we reached Portos and stayed at the albergue Paso de Formiga, with its sculptures of giant ants in the yard. Portos was the smallest pueblo in which we stayed. Rory’s guidebook indicated it had a population of 2!

IMG_20190423_111922_1.jpg

April 23, 2019 - Morgade to Portos - Meditation theme: Self-confidence
As we trekked through Portomarin, we stopped in a restaurant for a late breakfast. I asked our server if there was any Tarta de Santiago (I developed quite a liking for that cake!). She told us it had just arrived from the bakery. As she opened the box, I asked if I could please take a picture … so here is the Tarta de Santiago just before we got at it! A traditional local cake made with almond flour, and it is simply sumptuous with café con leche, muy caliente! Why not look up a recipe? Later, we reached Portos and stayed at the albergue Paso de Formiga, with its sculptures of giant ants in the yard. Portos was the smallest pueblo in which we stayed. Rory’s guidebook indicated it had a population of 2!

View attachment 98431

That tarta looks delicious. The next time you are in Portos take a short stroll north to Vilar de Donas. It is a very peaceful spot.

€149,-
Interesting view of Burgos Cathedral taken during Festival of San Pedro and San Pablo end of June. P1020569.JPGI was hoping to meet up with some others and asked a bar person what time they closed as friends were late. After some deliberation the answer was 4am or 5am. the Spanish love their fiestas !! Needless to say an extra day was spent there !

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Kirkie,
Walking into Pamplona I often passed a small house decorated with many shells on the Camino Burlada near the puente de la Magdelina. It was great folkart.
Margaret, I believe this is the house you speak of in Pamplona, shortly before arriving at the city gates.
Screenshot_20210423-131248~2.png

Margaret, I believe this is the house you speak of in Pamplona, shortly before arriving at the city gates.
View attachment 98508
Camino Chrissy,
Bingo! How nice it is to see it again; is it still there or has has it gone with new urbanization? Thanks for finding it.

€83,-
Camino Chrissy,
Bingo! How nice it is to see it again; is it still there or has has it gone with new urbanization? Thanks for finding it.
I've seen it twice...both in April in 2015 and 2017. It looked no worse for the wear so my bet it is still standing tall and lovely!

Camino Frances,
between Erro and Zubiri
Barn ?

photo taken February 8, 2007

Barn.JPG

When using my Canon digital IXUS camera (without GPS )
I scribbled "after Erro" and "medieval albergue ? " in notes.

This building might be located on the camino after Alto del Erro; never on any future camino did I pass this spot again.

By chance have you seen it? If so please do let me know where it is located ie with a longitude/ latitude reference.

Last edited:
Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Cofradia del Santo
photos taken February 22, 2006

Historic cold

This post discusses an old albergue space of the local confraternity , Cofradia del Santo.
First established in the 12th c. to help/host pilgrims the confraternity continues today.

View attachment 98347

Walking 16 km in February from Najera to Santo Domingo de la Calzada was exhausting. At the Cofradia del Santo headquarters the door on the left was open; a poster inside read "telephone to stay"; I called and was told to wait for the hospitalero.

When the young seminarian/ hospitalero arrived we climbed an historic staircase to this simple albergue space; he tried unsuccessfully to turn on the heater.

View attachment 98348

Facilities included beds for 20 plus extra blankets, a simple hot plate, kettle and one shower/ toilet combo.

An Irish guy arrived; shivering we shared tea, biscuits and conversation. We chose bunks along the interior partition, not against an exterior wall, since old walls are often uninsulated and frigid; a 'sandwich' for sleeping was made by folding a blanket in half the long way, placing the sleeping bag on top of the bottom half and pulling the top half over all.

Nevertheless at dawn the albergue was truly freezing; I could see my white breath. Leaving when the famous garden coop chickens crowed, I was relatively warm in a nearby cafe eating a hot breakfast.

If you stay at the multi-story 211 bed extremely comfortable Cofradia albergue which opened 2013 adjacent to the medieval headquarters do recollect how simple their facility once was.

My mom and I stayed there August, 2001. Your pic brings back nice memories.

She would bus from town to town. Our fitness levels were too disparate for her to walk. She also refused to carry a backpack.

I can remember entering Santo Domingo and seeing her waiting for me in the middle of the street. She had already gotten bunks for us at this albergue.

Again, thanks for pic.

Last edited:
My mom and I stayed there August, 2001. Your pic brings back nice memories.

She would bus from town to town. Our fitness levels were too disparate for her to walk. She also refused to carry a backpack.

I can remember entering Santo Domingo and seeing her waiting for me in the middle of the street. She had already gotten bunks for us at this albergue.

Again, thanks for pic.
Glad to read that you had a happy stay with your mom; did the chickens crow at dawn?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
April 24, 2019 - Portos to Ribadiso - Meditation theme: Relationships
When we reached Ribadiso and registered in an albergue, we found it was crowded with two classes of noisy high school students. But I was fine with that, in fact, I wish I could have had such an experience during my own high school years. Kudos to the escuelas that include a Camino in their curricula! In the restaurant near the albergue was an attractive poster with photos of several unique and picturesque bridges found along the Camino Francés. The first was from St. Jean Pied-de-Port, and the last was from Ribadiso … as a matter of fact, here it is, right beside the albergue on the little Rio Iso.

IMG_20190424_173848_1.jpg

Glad to read that you had a happy stay with your mom; did the chickens crow at dawn?
The chickens probably crowed at dawn but I was out cold.

Only since 2017 or so am I awake before dawn.

Back then I was fast asleep until 7 or so in the morning. I usually left albergues right before late risers were asked to exit.

Arrival in Vega de Valcarce and preparing for the ascent to O Cebreiro.

2018-09-16 13.52.41.jpg

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back