• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
O Cebreiro
landscape

photo taken November 8, 2004

view from O Cebreiro.JPG

The first time I arrived at O Cebreiro
the weather was cold, but glorious with blue sky and bright sun.

Thrilled, I shot this view to show the distant landscape tenaciously crossed.day after day.

...It remains a memento of an intense effort.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
April 25, 2019 - Ribadiso to O Pedrouzo - Meditation theme: Optimism
With this wet weather we've been having, the spring aromas of the Camino forests have been pleasantly enhanced. After lunch today we walked through a couple of cedar groves - what a great scent! Later, we walked through stands of very tall trees whose bark was peeling off in long strips (see photo). But they were not dying, there were leaves on the branches way above our heads. And when you took a deep breath … what is that aroma? … it's familiar … sniff … it smells like … sniff, sniff … I think it is … sniff … yes … it smells like a cough drop! We are walking through a stand of Eucalyptus trees!

IMG_20190425_113536_1.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Puente La Reina-Gares
Calle del Crucifijo, night

photo taken October 23, 2013

Puente La Reina, night.jpg

Calle del Crucifijo is named for the
Iglesia del Crucifijo; the church
is in turn named for a famous crucifix displayed inside.
In this view the curve of the church apse is visible on the right/north side of the calle.

A covered passage links the church
to the Convento del Crucifijo on the left/south side of the calle; a private school, the Colegio de los Padres Reparadores, occupies the space.

Both structures are part of a UNESCO world heritage site.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
April 26, 2019 - O Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela - Meditation theme: Gratitude
We left O Pedrouzo early, and at about 10:00 we caught our first glimpse of Santiago. Knowing that it was really and truly Santiago de Compostela after 32 days of walking gave me goosebumps! And a few minutes later, down through the buildings we had our first sight of the cathedral towers. Our afternoon in Santiago kept us very busy, yet elated, with the kind of feeling one gets after having successfully achieved a dream goal. I am sure I must have attracted some curious looks as I walked around with a big grin on my face! Because the cathedral was ‘closed’ for repairs in preparation for the Jubilee Year of 2021, the Pilgrims’ Mass was held in the Church of St. Francis, a few blocks away. Happily, the cathedral was open for tours. And here is the cathedral that evening. ¡Qué camino!

IMG_20190426_215221_1.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
nearing Castrojeriz

photo taken October 23, 2004

Castrojeriz 23.10.2004.JPG

This view was taken as I approached on the Camino Frances. On the distant horizon at the entrance to Castrojeriz the CF turns west continuing for 1200 m. as the longitudinal spine.

Castrojeriz evolved from an antique castrum to an important pilgrim stop/major municipality of interconnected levels along the slope of a broad hill during 1000 years of history

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Faustino.jpgLa Brujula.jpg

Two today.

Hostal/ restaurante Hermanos Gutierrez at la Brujula ( before Burgos ) on the Camino Vasco Interior.
Simple but very good. Catering for the truckers, local workers and passers by.
We were supposed to stop three k. before and stay the night at the albergue municipal at Monasterio de Rodilla but seems the two bars/ restaurantes in that vilage close on the same day and the last shop is permanently closed. So the nice hospitalera aka spouse of the mayor suggested us the hostal further on.
I called the hostal directly and got us a much better deal than when using a bookingapp. Everyone happy.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for your patience and comments during this virtual Camino project. It has brought back so many memories, and I have come away with a few thoughts:

First, I must return. I have learned so much from your wonderful posts, and incredible photos, that I now have a much more enhanced perspective.

Second, I really appreciated the support from so many of the local residents while on the Camino. It will be a pleasure to return and do what I can to help with the post-COVID economic recovery, and to show that international support for El Camino is strong.

Third, in order to return, some basic goals are needed. Therefore, the current plan is for my granddaughter and me to complete the Camino Português in the spring of 2022. She is really excited about that. Then shortly after, hopefully in May of 2022, it will be the Le Puy route with a fellow CF ‘pèlerin’ from France. Fingers are firmly crossed!

Until we meet again, Buen Camino!

IMG_20190421_103629_1.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
370.jpg371.jpg373.jpg
Now I am in a hurry! Just in case I stole the first photo, although the numbers are right, I am sneaking in two that I am positive are ours. Tomorrow, the queue snaking up the stairs in the old Pilgrim reception centre...

Speaking of swings in Galicia...
If you are walking the Ingles out of A Coruña, and encounter this naked fellow on a swing, you have gone too far along the river, and need to backtrack about 500 m to find the turnoff you missed. I have to say it was sufficiently amusing to make the mistake worthwhile.
(I looked it up to find it is by Ramon Conde and is called El Columpio)
IMG_0014 (2).JPG

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Tick-tock...
This thread is getting on towards 2000 posts, so it is time to start One Day at a Time 5.
So I will start a new thread, and ask the mods to close this one. Thank you for keeping the photos coming, everyone; this is such a source of beauty, every single day!
🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back