• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I was a little surprised that I loved the CP (litoral/coastal) as much as i did the CF. They hold equal fondness to me. The central route (2 days then back to the coast) was good, but the coast was spectacular.
I agree! Food was also good.

Attachments

• Good Lunch on Porto.jpg
    Good Lunch on Porto.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 281
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Have you ever made a pot of black chicken soup? The broth looked like black ink. On CF in 2018, out of curiosity, bought a bottle of black salt. I added a big spoonful to my chicken soup, and there it was: black chicken soup. I had 5 people at the table, and no one really wanted to eat it.

Attachments

• Sal Negra.jpg
    Sal Negra.jpg
    929 KB · Views: 56
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
CF Oct 4, 2013 I caught this amazing full rainbow during my first Camino in the morning on my way to Arzua. 😍 Blessings and Promises.
View attachment 115876
I caught one, too. 2019, on Primitivo. This cow said: "what's the big deal I see it all the time"

Attachments

• No big deal.jpg
    No big deal.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
OK, not sure if this is going to work. when I post a poem, people seem to appreciate it. I have been collecting camino-related poems, and occasionally matching them with my photos. So my challenge is to see how long I can keep it up. Here is number one, a plaque on a wall in Cáceres from about the time of the great grandaddy of them all, one Geoffrey Chaucer:

DSCN1247.JPG

The Canterbury Tales: General Prologue
Here bygynneth the Book of the tales of Caunterbury
Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote,
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote,
And bathed every veyne in swich licóur
Of which vertú engendred is the flour;
Whan Zephirus eek with his swete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halfe cours y-ronne,
And smale foweles maken melodye,
That slepen al the nyght with open ye,
So priketh hem Natúre in hir corages,
Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages,
And palmeres for to seken straunge strondes,
To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes;
And specially, from every shires ende
Of Engelond, to Caunterbury they wende,
The hooly blisful martir for to seke,
That hem hath holpen whan that they were seeke.

Bifil that in that seson on a day,
In Southwerk at the Tabard as I lay,
Redy to wenden on my pilgrymage
To Caunterbury with ful devout corage,
At nyght were come into that hostelrye
Wel nyne and twenty in a compaignye
Of sondry folk, by áventure y-falle
In felaweshipe, and pilgrimes were they alle,
That toward Caunterbury wolden ryde.
The chambres and the stables weren wyde,
And wel we weren esed atte beste.
And shortly, whan the sonne was to reste,
So hadde I spoken with hem everychon,
That I was of hir felaweshipe anon,
And made forward erly for to ryse,
To take oure wey, ther as I yow devyse.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
CF April 17, 2016 a few hours after Roncesvillas these cyclists came up behind me just as I was getting ready to cross. The cyclist on the other side decided to barrel on through the water then it took him down in a blaze of glory. Needless to say he got wet. This is why the other men took the high road. Hahaha. Great entertainment. 😁
C06044C7-5E8E-4826-B423-5CD485B1B7E0.jpeg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Up-Hill

Does the road wind up-hill all the way?
Yes, to the very end.
Will the day’s journey take the whole long day?
From morn to night, my friend.

But is there for the night a resting-place?
A roof for when the slow dark hours begin.
May not the darkness hide it from my face?
You cannot miss that inn.

Shall I meet other wayfarers at night?
Those who have gone before.
Then must I knock, or call when just in sight?
They will not keep you standing at that door.

Shall I find comfort, travel-sore and weak?
Of labour you shall find the sum.
Will there be beds for me and all who seek?
Yea, beds for all who come.

Christina Georgina Rossetti

This could be read on a literal level – that the camino provides and there will always be a place somewhere, somehow, but it obviously has a deeper meaning than that. Written from a possibly dark place. Rossetti suffered from ill health, certainly physical and probably mental, all her life as well as financial uncertainty. She was deeply religious and the analogy of life as a hard journey with the consolation of the afterlife is unmistakeable. It is a very beautiful poem, restrained, precise and humane.
DSC05817 (3).JPG
Arrés, of course, on the Aragonés, 2019.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We sondry folk definitely longen to goon on pilgrimages - erly for to ryse and take oure wey to Santiago.

So my challenge is to see how long I can keep it up
Thank you, Dick! May it last a while.
The Rossetti is so evocative; it fits on so many levels. Alan Sykes came to the same conclusion:
Struggling slightly with the 880m of accumulated ascent between Tarazona and Ágreda on the Camino Castellano-Aragonés, Christina Rossetti's poem seemed appropriate:

So I will play. Here's my hill. Not morn to night by any means, but a sharp grade that was all-consuming in the moment. Before Castilo Cornatel on the Invierno. Photos never seem to adequately capture steepness; fortunately what I didn't know at the time is that tiny window in a ruined wall a bit right of center was where I was headed.
20190603_120442.jpg

My first photo on my first Camino. St Patricks day 2013. Arrived in Pamplona very late on the 16th and planned to start walking next day. We heard that in Pamplona, St Patricks day was celebrated almost as well as in Ireland so my son and I being good Irishmen decided to put it off for another day and had a great time celebrating with the locals
Love this @tpmchugh! As a fellow
The last stretch before Finisterre.
View attachment 115902
By far my favourite stretch!
This is a 'snapshot' of just some of the lovely people I met on that route Aug/Sept 2019, Santiago to Finisterre/Muxia ... the people you meet on Camino are as delightful as the scenery! 😇

Attachments

• 20220109_135027.jpg
    20220109_135027.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 27
Love this @tpmchugh! As a fellow

By far my favourite stretch!
This is a 'snapshot' of just some of the lovely people I met on that route Aug/Sept 2019, Santiago to Finisterre/Muxia ... the people you meet on Camino are as delightful as the scenery! 😇
Yes, you are so right. They enrich our Caminos. Here is my lovely animal encounter on the Camino Porto in May of 2019. Armed with his own pilgrim passport, he was steadily moving one paw at a time.

Attachments

• Camino Puppy.jpg
    Camino Puppy.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am hopelessly in love with every animal I encounter anywhere, especially dogs. There was this dog-warning sign on the Porto in 2019. When I peeked in, I saw this big dog who looked like a huge stuffed animal. I wanted to take a photo, but he kept bouncing around his human. After observing my struggle for a while, finally his human lifted up his bowl up to the wall and his huge head just followed. I concluded that he was definitely a dangerous dog who can smother anyone to death with his doggie kisses.

Attachments

• This  Pup.jpg
    This Pup.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 33
Looking back at Cirauqui September 10, 2012. This view was the happy result of taking a wrong turn and walking off camino for a couple of km. I began to notice that there were only tractor tire imprints on the path and no footprints but kept going a bit longer. It was a beautiful path that ended at the edge of an olive grove - a sign to turn around :)

DSC04720.jpeg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Camino Frances
Saint Jean Pied de Port
rue de La Citadelle

photo taken January 7, 2010

Saint Jean Pied de Port, January 2010.jpg

On January 7, during the 2010 Año Santo Jacobeo I began my 6th camino. Walking alone in winter at 70 my emotions mixed anticipation/trepidation/expectation.

Holiday lights framed the view as I started down the rue de La Citadelle. To stride off toward Valcarlos in that icy pre dawn was most exhilarating!

(to read other posts re this January 2010 camino click here and here )

Last edited:
Have you ever wondered why we meet so many wonderful people on the Camino? In my case, I believe it is because the Camino allows us the freedom to be who we truly are without worrying too much about the consequences of being our true selves. At home, I have to worry about how anything I do or say would affect my friends and family, or people around me. On the Camino I am free of my usual protocol that my position as a mother, wife, my job (before I retired), or being a citizen member of my country expects me to comply. On the Camino, I can revert to who I really am and still feel comfortable. I don´t have to be preemptively defensive in fear of being on the wrong side or worry too much about what the other person would think of me. I just have to be respectful of the other person. I am either happy to be acquainted with the other party or just walk away. Occasionally, I have met people who told me about their inner thoughts without any hesitation, I believe they were doing it for the same reason.

On the last day of my Camino Ingles last year, I met Antonio. He is the one who placed a mirror in the below photo where you can see the bottom half of me taking a photo. I had to find out why the mirror was placed under a scarecrow. For a minute I thought maybe someone was trying to cause scarecrows fly into the mirror and get concussions, teaching them a lesson or two. When I heard Antonio saying that he just wanted to amuse the passing pilgrims, his kindness touched me deeply. We talked for a long time, mainly because my Spanish was not adequate, and he spoke no English. He told me about his tragic childhood, and I mainly listened. By the time I was leaving, we felt like we were friends. He gave me his address and I sent him a Christmas card. I received his reply. I hope to visit him when I go back there in March as I planned. When circumstances allow us, we can all be the best we can be. To me, that is the magic of the Camino.

Attachments

• Antonio's Scarecraw with a Mirror.jpg
    Antonio's Scarecraw with a Mirror.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
@Mera thank you for a delightful post.

In my case, I believe it is because the Camino allows us the freedom to be who we truly are without worrying too much about the consequences of being our true selves.

My approach is similar although I don't believe that I have a "true" self in the sense of an immutable way of being that I was born with but rather that moment by moment I get to actively choose who I am being.

This is certainly much easier to do on the Camino for all of the reasons that you have highlighted.

Thank you!

Edit: Perhaps you might like to give yourself a lot more credit for actively choosing to be so open and considerate of others. ❤️

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
On this iteration of this thread, I have decided to try to keep to geographical sequence. Todays pictures are therefore about a week after the previous posters pictures, of this arch in Cirauqui. I too had problems framing the street through the arch, the shadow making it very dark. So I gave up and took one of each.
CF May 2016.

IMG_20160531_100848003.jpgIMG_20160531_100915371_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Have you ever wondered why we meet so many wonderful people on the Camino? In my case, I believe it is because the Camino allows us the freedom to be who we truly are without worrying too much about the consequences of being our true selves. At home, I have to worry about how anything I do or say would affect my friends and family, or people around me. On the Camino I am free of my usual protocol that my position as a mother, wife, my job (before I retired), or being a citizen member of my country expects me to comply. On the Camino, I can revert to who I really am and still feel comfortable. I don´t have to be preemptively defensive in fear of being on the wrong side or worry too much about what the other person would think of me. I just have to be respectful of the other person. I am either happy to be acquainted with the other party or just walk away. Occasionally, I have met people who told me about their inner thoughts without any hesitation, I believe they were doing it for the same reason.

On the last day of my Camino Ingles last year, I met Antonio. He is the one who placed a mirror in the below photo where you can see the bottom half of me taking a photo. I had to find out why the mirror was placed under a scarecrow. For a minute I thought maybe someone was trying to cause scarecrows fly into the mirror and get concussions, teaching them a lesson or two. When I heard Antonio saying that he just wanted to amuse the passing pilgrims, his kindness touched me deeply. We talked for a long time, mainly because my Spanish was not adequate, and he spoke no English. He told me about his tragic childhood, and I mainly listened. By the time I was leaving, we felt like we were friends. He gave me his address and I sent him a Christmas card. I received his reply. I hope to visit him when I go back there in March as I planned. When circumstances allow us, we can all be the best we can be. To me, that is the magic of the Camino.
This reminds me of something my son, fresh from serving five years the military, said to me after observing my interactions with others over the first couple weeks on the CF: "Who are you and what have you done with my dad?"

View attachment 116216

These photos are of walking through a small fishing village. I didn't think I should post one without the other, so I pulled them into a 2-frame collage.

Matoshinhos --> Vila do Conde
CP, 6 Oct 2019
I loved Vila do Conde so much, I stayed there an extra day in 2019. I love your photos, and I wonder if we saw the same ones. The below photo depicts a wife or mother waiting for her loved one's safe return from a cod fishing. The whole village's survival depended on catching (they had to go out dangerously far) and processing cods.

Attachments

• The Wait.jpg
    The Wait.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, you are so right. They enrich our Caminos. Here is my lovely animal encounter on the Camino Porto in May of 2019. Armed with his own pilgrim passport, he was steadily moving one paw at a time.
How wonderful!! Thank you for sharing! 😇

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

€46,-
If only this might be true now in 2022 and forevermore
Amen.

Today my one (today random) photo is looking at the way ahead after leaving the city behind; somewhere after Vitoria-Gasteiz on the Vasco, 2019.
Ahhhhhh. The open road and a sunny morning with the luxury of a whole day ahead.
20190523_091226 (2).jpg

Amen.

Today my one (today random) photo is looking at the way ahead after leaving the city behind; somewhere after Vitoria-Gasteiz on the Vasco, 2019.
Ahhhhhh. The open road and a sunny morning with the luxury of a whole day ahead.
View attachment 116283
Absolutely! Nothing like the open road ahead! On querying why I have the need to return for a 4th time to the Finisterre/Muxia route, I come across these pics from Sept '19 & I have my answers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-105105_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-105105_Photos.jpg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20220111-105223_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-105223_Photos.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20220111-110004_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-110004_Photos.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 15
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I do love seeing every photo. I know I cheat sometimes. I also know that this thread is for one photo at a time. Forgive me for sticking my nose in to draw attention to this point. Why? Why just one? Why just one, and a thumbnail into the bargain? the thread drags its feet, as I understand, when it is overloaded with images.

Why? Why just one? Why just one, and a thumbnail into the bargain?
Good question.
The thumbnail is the easier part to explain: it allows people with slow connections to more easily view the thread .

The one photo part - I honestly can't remember the exact intention of that when I started the first thread. But here's what I said at the time, May 1, 2020:
We're all out here, waiting for the new normal to coalesce - and for the day when we can walk the camino again.

These are undoubtedly hard times, on many levels.
Lest we mire in the difficulties, many of us are turning to remembrances of walks past to keep our spirits up.

So here is a place to play with that.
What, today, is your favorite photo from any of your caminos, and why?
Every day is new, so tomorrow we can all post tomorrow's new favorite photos.

I do love seeing every photo. I know I cheat sometimes. I also know that this thread is for one photo at a time. Forgive me for sticking my nose in to draw attention to this point. Why? Why just one? Why just one, and a thumbnail into the bargain? the thread drags its feet, as I understand, when it is overloaded with images.
Sorry Kirkie ... 'guilty as charged'! 🙈🙉🙊

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The large images are not downloaded until/unless clicked. I just looked at several images. One large one was 2,900 kb (but again, this thread does not download it automatically, not until the thumbnail is clicked). A thumbnail was only 8 kb. Each post, even without a picture, has a substantial number of bytes of HTML coding overhead to display it correctly.

I say thumbnails should not really slow down the delivery of the webpage.

Edit: How do I know this stuff? Years of experience.

Screenshot_20220111-094500.png

Last edited:
1641911602540.jpeg

Looking down Calçada de São Francisco, with the Ave River and the Atlantic on the horizon. Just behind me and to the left is the Igreja e Mosteiro de Santa Clara (with an even better view of the city), and behind me and to the right is the ancient aqueduct.

Vila do Conde, Portugal
CP, Oct 2019

Good question.
The thumbnail is the easier part to explain: it allows people with slow connections to more easily view the thread .

The one photo part - I honestly can't remember the exact intention of that when I started the first thread. But here's what I said at the time, May 1, 2020:
I am guilty of not following the specification sometimes, and I am sorry. It's just that I felt one photo alone could not convey the story I wanted to share: for example, a warning sign implying a really vicious dog actually revealed a huge, but sweet, and playful gentle giant. I wondered whether the dog had any idea about the sign. Also, I never thought about difficulties some people with slow internet might be having. Anyway, I am grateful to have this forum. I relive my Caminos through other's eyes and feelings. Because we share the same passion, I feel like you all are my friends, and thank you!

€46,-
I am guilty of not following the specification sometimes, and I am sorry. It's just that I felt one photo alone could not convey the story I wanted to share: for example, a warning sign implying a really vicious dog actually revealed a huge, but sweet, and playful gentle giant. I wondered whether the dog had any idea about the sign. Also, I never thought about difficulties some people with slow internet might be having. Anyway, I am grateful to have this forum. I relive my Caminos through other's eyes and feelings. Because we share the same passion, I feel like you all are my friends, and thank you!
There's an app, PIC COLLAGE, that allows you to bring into it multiple photos and make a collage from them (which is what I did with the fishing village photos a few posts ago). Using it or another app like it allows you to show multiple photos brought together into one image file. The photo is creates has a pic collage watermark at the corner, but I just cropped the photo.

Haha. That's cheating.
🙃
(I'm joking...it's actually good to know this, thanks @Phoenix!)
There's also another, longer way to do this: bring multiple photos into PowerPoint (or Excel), arrange them as you want, group them, then save as an image file. 😁

Cheers @kirkie . I also prefer the daily savouring of one a day. But that is because I love structure and simplicity... :)

A beautiful peacock butterfly on the Primitivo in 2019. I heard these four mock eyes on the wings are evolutionary defense mechanism that scares birds away. Because these mock eyes resemble the eyes of Eurasian pygmy owl, small birds are easily scared, and they do not think about making a meal out of the butterfly.

Nature’s survival tactics are fascinating. I recently started reading a book about how fungi affect our worlds. Its title is “Entangled Life”. In one section, it talks about white truffles. Truffles are actually fruiting bodies of several types of fungi. People use trained dogs and pigs to dig them out. Have you ever wondered why this buried part needed to have such alluring smell? Well, the book explains that truffles are fungi’s spore-producing organs, but while buried underground, can’t spread through the air. So, fungi emit enticing smell to tempt animals to dig them out. Once they are dug out, they have another huddle to overcome. Truffles look something like cauliflowers forgotten in my refrigerator for the last six months: discolored and malformed by now. So even when animals dig truffles out, they are not easily persuaded to eat them unless truffles are known in the animal worlds as something absolutely delicious to eat; thus, truffles must be fragrant and delicious to be found and eaten. Then they can spread spores to other places aided by animals and their digestive systems. How ingenious is that!

Attachments

• Peacock Butterfly on Primitivo.jpg
    Peacock Butterfly on Primitivo.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
There's an app, PIC COLLAGE, that allows you to bring into it multiple photos and make a collage from them (which is what I did with the fishing village photos a few posts ago). Using it or another app like it allows you to show multiple photos brought together into one image file. The photo is creates has a pic collage watermark at the corner, but I just cropped the photo.
Great idea and thank you! I will try.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Belorado, in the town plaza
CF, April 18, 2018

View attachment 116292
Look what we missed when we walked through Belorado in 2014 in the dark. We stayed at the start of town and left early in the morning to beat the heat. While walking through we realised there had been a Festa the day/night before and people were still enjoying themselves and recovering in the streets of Belorado when we walked through!

Look what we missed when we walked through Belorado in 2014 in the dark. We stayed at the start of town and left early in the morning to beat the heat. While walking through we realised there had been a Festa the day/night before and people were still enjoying themselves and recovering in the streets of Belorado when we walked through!
I think the plaza was down a couple of side streets off the Camino. I had gone looking for a shop so that I could stock up on peanuts and chocolate for the day ahead.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
View attachment 116280

Somewhere on the Portugues.
Most probably a repost also... :)
This is between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima, where exactly we don't know. Our photos have us in them, but here is one with Anne in it. If you have posted this before Sabine, then maybe we have also posted our photo before as well ;) But I have no memory of doing that!! Although I do remember this days walk, very long and hot. 33.6kms that day which is a bit long for me(Anne)!
IMG_2989.JPG

This is between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima, where exactly we don't know. Our photos have us in them, but here is one with Anne in it. If you have posted this before Sabine, then maybe we have also posted our photo before as well ;) But I have no memory of doing that!! Although I do remember this days walk, very long and hot. 33.6kms that day which is a bit long for me(Anne)!
View attachment 116330

Anne&Pat,
According to Gronze your photo
with the striking blue and white tiles is in Iglesia de Vitorino dos Piães.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Anne&Pat,
According to Gronze your photo
with the striking blue and white tiles is in Iglesia de Vitorino dos Piães.
Thanks Margaret. Don't think it was associated with a Church, it was probably in the vicinity of Vitorino dos Piaes, as you can see there were vines behind the wall. In fact, this is the next photo we have and I think I can see the Church in the distance in the middle of the village.
IMG_2990.JPG

€46,-

€149,-
View from the Ponte Maceira over the Rio Tambre. Camino Finisterre, March 20, 2017.

View attachment 116343
Another view from the same place. Theatregal's photo is looking to the east. My photo looks north. We are on the Camino Finisterre between Santiago and Negreira (about 4 km further to the west).

T07900-HOR.jpg

More photos of the Ponte Maceira area are on Google Maps:

Last edited:
The Puerto de los Pajaros or Bird Gate in Comillas on the norte. Designed by 'God's architect' himself, Gaudi. Apparently the bird aspect relates to the round hole for the birds to pass through.

Comillas is a quirky resort, 'the haven for the decadent and discreet aristocracy' and has some amazing architecture such as the former Pontifical University and this other stunner from Gaudi - El Capricho, looks fantastic.

gaudi.jpg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Puerto de los Pajaros or Bird Gate in Comillas on the norte. Designed by 'God's architect' himself, Gaudi. Apparently the bird aspect relates to the round hole for the birds to pass through.

Comillas is a quirky resort, 'the haven for the decadent and discreet aristocracy' and has some amazing architecture such as the former Pontifical University and this other stunner from Gaudi - El Capricho, looks fantastic.

View attachment 116363
I have the exact same photo. I loved the idea of "Bird Gate" also. Then I wondered if birds knew about that.

I love seeing the free-grazing cows. Especially when they actually come over and start giving me a questioning look. Sometimes even fenced-in ones tried to come near me to take a better look. I felt that they knew I was not around there and were curious about me. Or was it because I smelled like one of them after hours of walking?

Attachments

• De donde eres tu.jpg
    De donde eres tu.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Granon
San Juan Bautista
albergue

photo taken February 20, 2007

Granon, view from bell tower.jpg

The albergue within the tower of the church of San Juan Bautista in Granon on the CF was always a special stop; invited by the priest I climbed a ladder into the bell tower to see this wide view

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The legendary Sinin from Elvis Bar. What a laugh we had with him; here he is in full flow tapping the bar to an old tune. Glad to hear recently on the forum that he is still running the show.
View attachment 115908
I'm not sure when your photo was taken Kohara but it looked pretty similar in May 2013. I don't think there were too many centimeters of wall space that weren't covered in graffiti.

Attachments

• P1160725.JPG
    P1160725.JPG
    570.5 KB · Views: 23
Ponte de Lima with its arched bridge over Rio Lima. This village prides itself on being the oldest town in Portugal. June 2017

Attachments

• Ponte de Lima.JPG
    Ponte de Lima.JPG
    998.8 KB · Views: 28

€46,-

€60,-
Stone and wood. The reception area in the Albergue "La Casa Magica", Villatuerta. A lovely place to stay with a very nice vibe.

View attachment 116364
The look of @Chenahusky's photo suggested to me that I should submit this photo of a shop selling rosaries. Between Villafranca del Bierzo and O Cebreiro on the Francés.
Q24000-HOR.jpg

Camino Frances 2016, my best Camino buddy, my daughter, trying to find a little bit of shade and taking a break. I chose this picture because it is bound to bring back memories to anyone who's walked the CF in late summer.
I understand.

Camino Frances 2016, my best Camino buddy, my daughter, trying to find a little bit of shade and taking a break. I chose this picture because it is bound to bring back memories to anyone who's walked the CF in late summer.
I know how it was. Also does this frog.
1642088014979.png

September 17, 2012. I wasn't sure where I would stay in Belorado but the decision was made during the last few kilometres along the senda running parallel to the N-20. It was a very hot day. Those last km's seemed endless. A car appeared moving slowly along the shoulder of the road. As it reached our group of 3, the driver stopped and passed out ice cold bottles of water, waved and moved on to the next group of pilgrims. There was a label on the bottle inviting us to stay at the Albergue de Peregrinos Cuatro Cantones. It was a wonderful, very welcoming albergue - the driver was the hospitalero :)

DSC05014.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back