• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where on earth do you find all these poems? Do you write any yourself?
Took me a long time, and I may run out before we set off on our own camino - the Lana, May 3rd (but we'll be hospis in El Burgo Ranero 2nd half of April before that). It was a project I set myself during lockdown to find as many camino or pilgrimage related poems as I could. Somewhat to my surprise and disappointment, there aren't that many, so I stretched the definition a bit to any kind of journey, travel or walking. I have written very few poems, and they're not that good but I might include one if I get desperate. I found most of them on the internet, where else? I'm glad you enjoy them.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Did somebody say doors? These are not all of the camino, but well over 50% are so you can maybe have fun guessing which (if you have 14 minutes and 57 seconds with nothing better to do). And there are windows and staircases as well for the truly architecturally obsessed.

The sun is rising here now on St. Patrick's Day but it is fighting the fog. I want to see some color and today it should be green.

The start of the river walk alternative into Burgos.
View attachment 120747
The sun has long since set DownUnder but I've come out of "black & white" just for you Rick. You wanted green. These were taken on 25th April 2013 on Camino Frances (not exactly sure where). Of course that's ANZAC day for us and poppies are a symbol of remembrance. Happy St Patrick's Day.

Attachments

• Its green too.jpg
    Its green too.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
  • Its green.jpg
    Its green.jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 44
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Took me a long time, and I may run out before we set off on our own camino - the Lana, May 3rd (but we'll be hospis in El Burgo Ranero 2nd half of April before that). It was a project I set myself during lockdown to find as many camino or pilgrimage related poems as I could. Somewhat to my surprise and disappointment, there aren't that many, so I stretched the definition a bit to any kind of journey, travel or walking. I have written very few poems, and they're not that good but I might include one if I get desperate. I found most of them on the internet, where else? I'm glad you enjoy them.
I had never heard of the Lana, but I just Googled it ... what else? Where will you be "hospis" in El Burgo Ranero? I'm going to post one more photo just because it is one of the best sunsets and it was taken in El Burgo Ranero. I think I posted it last year some time. I'm getting soooo envious of all those embarking on another Camino. Walk safely.

Attachments

• P1160675.JPG
    P1160675.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I had never heard of the Lana, but I just Googled it ... what else? Where will you be "hospis" in El Burgo Ranero? I'm going to post one more photo just because it is one of the best sunsets and it was taken in El Burgo Ranero. I think I posted it last year some time. I'm getting soooo envious of all those embarking on another Camino. Walk safely.
Yep. Hospis. The Lana has a slightly tenuous Australian connection. It was a drover's route, sheep were herded north to take advantage of mild summers and south to take advantage of mild winters. Burgos became the centre of a massive wool trade, especially with Britain, until the Napoleonic Wars put a stop to it. The sheep, of course, were merino. At this point, Governor McArthur (or probably Mrs McArthur) saw a business opportunity. Knowing that there were merino sheep in the Cale Colonies, he wrote to a mate then visiting England to ask him to pick up a few merinos on the way back, which his mate did, thus giving birth to the highly lucrative Australia wool industry. So there we are. I love history.

Did somebody say doors? These are not all of the camino, but well over 50% are so you can maybe have fun guessing which (if you have 14 minutes and 57 seconds with nothing better to do). And there are windows and staircases as well for the truly architecturally obsessed.
Folks, you have to view Dick's video; it is perfect in every way. Absolutely the best slideshow I've seen on YouTube. There are plenty of pictures of people to be seen and some animals too. Cast it to your TV.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5.0

Dick, you should post this on a thread of its own.

Last edited:
So they've let you out of DownUnder prison Anne & Pat. I'm equally as envious of you. Stay well, tread lightly and wave the Aussie flag. Buen Camino
Won’t believe we are actually going until we are on the plane and until we are safely on Spanish soil!;) Dick Bird will be there before us:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dick, I love history too but I never got around to starting a thread on the Merino sheep of Spain and how the surreptitious export of sheep instead of wool during the Napoleonic wars created a lot of the geography we see in New England (the USA version, not the AUS version).

The video below discusses this during minutes 2 through 6 but you may as well watch the first 2 minutes too so you can see if the rest of the video will interest you.

Last edited:
Camino Frances
path towards Sahagun

photo taken November 8, 2011

path towards Sahagun.jpg

Wherever our paths might lead
may we go forward with hope.

"...but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope."
Romans 5: 3-4

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Camino Frances
path towards Sahagun

View attachment 120793

"...but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope."
Beautiful and so Lovely ❤️ CF path towards Sahagun. July 22, 2019. With hope, everything grows.
B96F9E95-7AF3-4138-8B51-1F9EDB00EDE8.jpeg

Dick, I love history too but I never got around to starting a thread on the Merino sheep of Spain and how the surreptitious export of sheep instead of wool during the Napoleonic wars created a lot of the geography we see in New England (the USA version, not the AUS version).

The video below discusses this during minutes 2 through 6 but you may as well watch the first 2 minutes too so you can see if the rest of the video will interest you.

Loved it. Reminds me of my favourite quote "The past is never dead. It's not even past". That was WIlliam Faulkner. Building dry stone walls is an ancient tradition in the northern and western parts of Great Britain. The story goes that a 19th official was colleting data for the census, and asked an old Yorkshireman "Profession?" "Stone wall builder" "That's not a profession!" "No, it's an art". Have a good one.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
View attachment 120803

Albergue las Carbajalas in Leon, CF 2011.

Obviously long before Covid. Wonder how they arrange the beds nowadays?
Luckily when we were there in 2014 we were in the end smaller dormitory with fewer bunk beds about seven pairs of bunks! But it was still very warm. Pat had a conversation re windows open or shut!
Luckily the majority won! They were open!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Really! Is that what it’s called? Yes, there were about three or four couples but I think the rest were single.😂

I think thatI I read it somewhere here on the forum?

Interesting as the experience was that time, it was too hot and stuffy so the second time in Leon I chose private accomodations.

I think thatI I read it somewhere here on the forum?

Interesting as the experience was that time, it was too hot and stuffy so the second time in Leon I chose private accomodations.
While always, ie. 10 times (!), staying in the Carbajalas pilgrim albergue I peeked at their Hospideria PAX facilities on the same plaza.This appeared to be very comfortable with private accommodation which you can reserve. PAX also has a proper dining room open to all. ...As for those 10 times in a dorm I could write a book.

€46,-
Genoa and the Mediterranean

O epic-famed, god-haunted Central Sea,
Heave careless of the deep wrong done to thee
When from Torino's track I saw thy face first flash on me.

And multimarbled Genova the Proud,
Gleam all unconscious how, wide-lipped, up-browed,
I first beheld thee clad--not as the Beauty but the Dowd.

Out from a deep-delved way my vision lit
On housebacks pink, green, ochreous--where a slit
Shoreward 'twixt row and row revealed the classic blue through it.

And thereacross waved fishwives' high-hung smocks,
Chrome kerchiefs, scarlet hose, darned underfrocks;
Since when too oft my dreams of thee, O Queen, that frippery mocks:

Whereat I grieve, Superba! . . . Afterhours
Within Palazzo Doria's orange bowers
Went far to mend these marrings of thy soul-subliming powers.

But, Queen, such squalid undress none should see,
Those dream-endangering eyewounds no more be
Where lovers first behold thy form in pilgrimage to thee.
Thomas Hardy

This is one of Hardy’s ‘Pilgrimage Poems’, the pilgrimage being to Italy with its sites of antiquity and the graves and places associated with Keats and Shelley, Hardy’s poetic models. His aim was to somehow manage the transition from prose writer to poet. They are therefore not his best work, but that is not the criterion for selection. This poem is about the disillusion experienced by the traveller when they go off the conventional tourist track and discover that life in its ordinariness and banality continues everywhere. Spain has breathtakingly beautiful architecture and haunting landscapes, it also has industrial estates and residential suburbs which the camino often passes through because that is where the camino goes. We can’t complain if the Spanish paint their houses or have jobs or hang their washing out to dry.

Outskirts of Gijón, Sept 2019
P1000480 (2).JPG

Wherever Celts made their mark, the literature before paper was inscribed or designed on stone. That was the visual aid for the teachers in those days...
This one, I think, was on the first day out from Ferrol on the Ingles, 2019. Near enough to a much later style statue of the Sacred Heart.

IMG_3894.jpg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

I got most of it, in between nodding off after a prandial glass of vino! Thank you. I love learning. even at the grand old age of 110! 🤣

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Santiago August 17, 2019. Strolling in and out of the shops in the old town with their treasures on display.
View attachment 120844
Today March 19, 2022: I was out strolling through a few markets and came upon some packaged cherizos and cheeses and Jamon and so much more. All imported from Spain. Ahhhhh the Camino is calling. ☺️😎👣
Oooh yum!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Home of the giant Tortilla Bocadillo.
Wow. No kidding. How many people are supposed to eat that!?

On the Vasco Interior, having just entered the Tunel San Adrian - one last look at the wet Atlantic side of the Pais Vasco, before walking down into the Alava plain.
View media item 9751

Santa Maria del Sar.jpg

Cloister of the Colegiata Santa Maria del Sar in Santiago de Compostela.
Just out of the city entre.

How to Be a Pilgrim

Air travel is like
ancient pilgrims walking on their
knees, flight delays and narrow seats
offer their own kind of penance.

You jettison excess baggage,
leaving behind the heavy makeup case,
knowing the rain will
wash you free of artifice.

Books you wanted to carry left too,
no more outside words needed,
then go old beliefs which keep
you taut and twisted inside.

Blistered feet stumble over rocky
fields covered with wildflowers and you
realize this is your life,
full of sharp stones and color.

Red-breasted robins call forth
the song already inside,
a hundred griefs break open under
dark clouds and downpour.

Rise and fall of elation and exhaustion,
the tides a calendar of unfolding,
a bright star rises and you remember
a loved one waiting miles away.

A new hunger is kindled by the sight of
cows nursing calves in a field,
spying a spotted pony, you forget
the weight and seriousness of things.

Salmon swim across the Atlantic,
up the River Corrib’s rapids to the
wide lake, and you wonder if you have
also been called here for death and birth.

This is why we journey:
to retrieve our lost intimacy with the world,
every creature a herald of poems
that sleep in streams and stones.

‘Missing you’ scrawled on a postcard sent home,
but you don't follow with
‘wish you were here.’
This is a voyage best made alone.

Christine Valters Paintner

An online abbess, not many of those about, also writer, poet and spiritual adviser. Without actually knowing, I’d say this has to have been written by someone who has walked the camino. It is as good a description of what the camino is about as you will find.

The staircase is in the former monastery of Santo Domingo in Santiago, now a fascinating ethnographic museum. There are actually 3 staircases here, none of which interconnect. Go figure. Actually, don't, it will do your head in.
DSCN1760.JPG

It may seem heretical to some, but I love local cafe/bars, where there are no peregrinos/as. The gentle nod on entry, then the conversation resumes. the world is put to rights, local problems are resolved, or last night's TV discussed, and of course, the compulsory dog.
CF May 2019 Villafranca del Bierzo.

IMG_20190525_092443449.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I love local cafe/bars, where there are no peregrinos/as.
I generally like walking through 'real Spain' as opposed to being in a camino bubble all the time. Which is why I like walking off the beaten CF track. No one is yet soured by hoards of people, not all of whom behave themselves.

Here is the Invierno, which I fear may soon become much more of a beaten track now that St Brierley has published his guide. in 2019 it was still blissfully quiet.

20190607_092640 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I generally like walking through 'real Spain' as opposed to being in a camino bubble all the time. Which is why I like walking off the beaten CF track. No one is yet soured by hoards of people, not all of whom behave themselves.

Here is the Invierno, which I fear may soon become much more of a beaten track now that St Brierley has published his guide. in 2019 it was still blissfully quiet.

View attachment 120935
VN,
Walking "off the beaten track" is why in the happy, easier past years late autumn/winter were the best times to walk the CF for me.

Walking off-season during those past years I rarely saw more than 20 pilgrims at one time. There usually was a strong sense of camaraderie amongst those on the route especially during storms or difficult stretches

Accommodation started to close mid October but some place was always open. Hospitaleros usually could give advice on who/what was available on the next stage. There were no summer crowds and beds/bunks were available. I usually slept in an albergue, often the sole pilgrim, but also in back rooms of an open bar/restaurant.

Helpful passing strangers also gave advice. Little was hectic; without the hoards of summer all had time to share info....In retrospect it was close to perfect.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Colourful house In Colombres on the Cantabrian/Asturian border. Built by returning emigrants from Latin America, probably works as a tonic for the often cloudy weather (same here in Ireland, in places like West Cork, pastel coloured houses)
norte7.jpg

Camino Frances
Saint Jean Pied de Port
39 rue de La Citadelle
Pilgrim Office

photo taken October 13, 2015

Saint Jean Pied de Port.jpg

The last time I stopped here was a sunny autumn day; as always whatever the weather or season les Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques were welcoming and helpful.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Invierno again.
View of the top of the Las Medulas Roman mine complex from above - not on the camino route per se, but a wonderful side trip from the village. From this vantage point you can easily see that the Romans demolished a whole mountain - in search of a shiny metal which intrinsically is worth no more than anything else. We people can be more than a little crazy sometimes.
But now it is a beautiful place. a few thousand years and nature heals all.
20190604_173529 (2).jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This was taken after the Ingles in 2019, during a three day trip by car back to Pamplona, via La Ribera Sacra, Lugo walls, Las Catedrales. This one was taken overlooking either the Minho or the Sil - perhaps the meeting point? I know that many forum members know every inch of the terrain around this location, imprinted in their memories from walking every step...we did walk some very steep parts!
IMG_4066.JPG

The Invierno again.
View of the top of the Las Medulas Roman mine complex from above - not on the camino route per se, but a wonderful side trip from the village. From this vantage point you can easily see that the Romans demolished a whole mountain - in search of a shiny metal which intrinsically is worth no more than anything else. We people can be more than a little crazy sometimes.
View attachment 120974
VN,
Your's is a great panorama of an unforgetable place. Thanks for posting it.
The walk inside that mine is also very special; in 2014 another pilgrim and I hired a taxi in El Acebo to take us there.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We often have many old churches, but few modern ones. This is San Ildefonso's, Camponayara, West of Ponferrada. CF May 2019. It had a very welcoming feel to it and a tranquility, it also had Storks nesting on it's tower.

IMG_20190524_142716160.jpg IMG_20190524_142523425.jpg

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
How to Be a Pilgrim

Air travel is like
ancient pilgrims walking on their
knees, flight delays and narrow seats
offer their own kind of penance.

You jettison excess baggage,
leaving behind the heavy makeup case,
knowing the rain will
wash you free of artifice.

Books you wanted to carry left too,
no more outside words needed,
then go old beliefs which keep
you taut and twisted inside.

Blistered feet stumble over rocky
fields covered with wildflowers and you
realize this is your life,
full of sharp stones and color.

Red-breasted robins call forth
the song already inside,
a hundred griefs break open under
dark clouds and downpour.

Rise and fall of elation and exhaustion,
the tides a calendar of unfolding,
a bright star rises and you remember
a loved one waiting miles away.

A new hunger is kindled by the sight of
cows nursing calves in a field,
spying a spotted pony, you forget
the weight and seriousness of things.

Salmon swim across the Atlantic,
up the River Corrib’s rapids to the
wide lake, and you wonder if you have
also been called here for death and birth.

This is why we journey:
to retrieve our lost intimacy with the world,
every creature a herald of poems
that sleep in streams and stones.

‘Missing you’ scrawled on a postcard sent home,
but you don't follow with
‘wish you were here.’
This is a voyage best made alone.

Christine Valters Paintner

An online abbess, not many of those about, also writer, poet and spiritual adviser. Without actually knowing, I’d say this has to have been written by someone who has walked the camino. It is as good a description of what the camino is about as you will find.

The photo is looking back on Madrid, first day on the Camino de Madrid, 4 Sept 2018
DSC04312.JPG

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Camino Frances
path towards Sahagun

View attachment 120793

I love this! I'm dreaming of an October walk.

Let us hope that the world be will be safer by then.
You are still in France, yes? I got brave some years back and flew into Paris and took a train south to get to my cousin-in-law's, in a place called Tournos. I loved it. I may fly back into Paris, if not Madrid. I like the idea of getting on that train again, the gentle sway of it. Maybe going as far south as I can and walking from S. France.

Fashion Week in France found me sporting all the latest in quick-dry. This little pilgrim posed at the Eiffel Tower in hiking shoes. This was the beginning of Camino 3, which found me ill to the point of fearing death after some high school kids flying from Leon to Madrid were coughing, sneezing, and running fevers.
I caught their thing, which was not good.

I got better with a lot of coaching from friends in here.

Attachments

• IMG_0828 2.JPG
    IMG_0828 2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Casa Jurjo A Picota.jpg

Six years ago today. Casa Jurjo at A Picota on the Ingles.
The day of the bombings in Brussels airport and the metro in Brussels.
I was " glad " to have this room to myself to digest the devastating news at home....
Yes , I realise the setting was quite messy but I could not be bothered at that moment...

You are still in France, yes? I got brave some years back and flew into Paris and took a train south to get to my cousin-in-law's, in a place called Tournos. I loved it. I may fly back into Paris, if not Madrid. I like the idea of getting on that train again, the gentle sway of it. Maybe going as far south as I can and walking from S. France.

Fashion Week in France found me sporting all the latest in quick-dry. This little pilgrim posed at the Eiffel Tower in hiking shoes. This was the beginning of Camino 3, which found me ill to the point of fearing death after some high school kids flying from Leon to Madrid were coughing, sneezing, and running fevers.
I caught their thing, which was not good.

I got better with a lot of coaching from friends in here.
Yes my husband and I live near the Marne river in champagne facing vineyards. In France often before Covid 19 le look sport was très chic .

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The Invierno again.
View attachment 120974
Fascinating, and a fabulous photo.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
route d'Arneguy/D933
turn towards Valcarlos alternate route
photo taken October 14, 2015

turn towards Valcarlos.jpg

The last time I crossed route D933 leaving Saint Jean Pied de Port the signage seemed too minimal at this important turn towards the Valcarlos alternate route.

route d'Arneguy/D933
turn towards Valcarlos alternate route
photo taken October 14, 2015

View attachment 121074

The last time I crossed route D933 leaving Saint Jean Pied de Port the signage seemed too minimal at this important turn towards the Valcarlos alternate route.
Yes, it was like that the last time I took it. I would have missed it had I not been forewarned.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
After Borrenes on the Invierno. Ahead on the path is one of maybe 4 pilgrims I saw on the whole of the Invierno! He was 78 and from Santiago, on his first camino. We shared a table, great conversation and a delicious lunch of eggs, potatoes and salad at the Bar Casa Marisol made by the very kind Marisol. I left about 15 minutes before him and he soon caught up and passed me, never to be seen again.

DSC05965.jpeg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Still on the Invierno, a little farther along. After passing through Puente Domingo Flores, and going across the Rio Sil, you go under the rail line that connects Ponferrada and Monforte and Ouense. It will be your friend for days - this is just the first meeting. I was struck by the beautifully constructed viaduct that was practical but not ugly.
20190605_101939.jpg

CF September 4, 2013 waking up in the original medieval albergue overflow in Roncesvalles. Weren’t too many bunks left when I arrived, I was feeling extremely blessed to get what I did. Didn’t sleep well though, the sound of music filled the air. 🤣
E2CE3D1F-77AF-4489-A6F7-DFAFA255CE27.jpeg

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Camino Frances
after Arca

photo taken December 8, 2013

View attachment 121121

This December morning was a perfect winter day for walking into Santiago de Compostela the 9th time.
I've loved walking CF in cool weather, in November and also in March. I spent this afternoon arranging flights, then exiting. I've blocked off my work calendar in October so I can get away without leaving husband with responsibilities. I'm thinking I'm going to go somewhere in October.

The Road and the End​

I SHALL foot it
Down the roadway in the dusk,
Where shapes of hunger wander
And the fugitives of pain go by.
I shall foot it
In the silence of the morning,
See the night slur into dawn,
Hear the slow great winds arise
Where tall trees flank the way
And shoulder toward the sky.

The broken boulders by the road
Shall not commemorate my ruin.
Regret shall be the gravel under foot.
I shall watch for
Slim birds swift of wing
That go where wind and ranks of thunder
Drive the wild processionals of rain.

The dust of the traveled road
Shall touch my hands and face

Carl Sandburg

Sandburg was widely popular in his lifetime, wrote for children and was concerned about the welfare of ordinary people. He won three Pulitzer prizes and was a prominent supporter of civil rights and the NAACP, who honoured and recognised that support. The word ‘fugitives’ in line 4 seems to set the tone of this poem.

Camino de Madrid, 17 Sept 2018

DSC04430.JPG

I'm excited considering it, VN! I had a rough time some years back, when I juggled so many possibilities I went into kind of an anxiety-induced depression. Laughing to remember how worked up I got, and it was serious at the time. Now I think, with joy, it doesn't matter what the choice is. It will be fine, and there's no need to think it's only one trip. It can be "a" trip, and there need be no regrets that it's not all the trips, or a great enough trip, or a long enough.

Again, laughing. How I can work myself into a tizzy! Not so much now. I've seen the dark side of the moon, and am losing my fear. That's a good thing!

Looking through my window, the seagulls are playing, swooping and dancing! Focus, Sandra! This photo was most likely taken on the final day to Santiago, maybe the penultimate, Inglés, 2019.
I often wish I could have parallel lives, to retrace each step I have taken on the various caminos I have walked. For now, it is enough to be thankful, and to know - yes, there is light at the end of every tunnel.
IMG_3931.JPG

Looking through my window, the seagulls are playing, swooping and dancing! Focus, Sandra! This photo was most likely taken on the final day to Santiago, maybe the penultimate, Inglés, 2019.
I often wish I could have parallel lives, to retrace each step I have taken on the various caminos I have walked. For now, it is enough to be thankful, and to know - yes, there is light at the end of every tunnel.
View attachment 121131
Kirkie,
This is a beautiful shot with the branches arching to frame the far distant light. Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back