Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino On the Camino Primitivo staying at the a Pocina de Muniz

shubertj

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2012, 2013, 2018 Portuguese 2014 Ingles 2017 Fin/Mux 17, 19 Invierno 2018
Primitivo 2019
There are 3 of us staying here to -night in Vil de Cas and are the only ones. They have room for 20 in the Albergue and 2 private rooms. We are veterans of more then 6 Camino’s each and this was one of the most fabulous experiences we have had on the Camino. It is run by a family who has a successful meat market in Lugo and the food was delicious; pumpkin soup, 🐇 Paella, and to much of everything else. The family couldn’t not be more welcoming Pepe the dad, Maria the Grandma and David the son. It’s only 15km from Lugo right on the Camino and they serve food and have a fabulous bar.

Attachments

• B3244AAD-6CFF-4CE8-BAE8-0B7F5CD0E4E1.jpeg
    B3244AAD-6CFF-4CE8-BAE8-0B7F5CD0E4E1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I will be on the primitive route in June and will do my best to stay there. Thanks for the info!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are 3 of us staying here to -night in Vil de Cas and are the only ones. They have room for 20 in the Albergue and 2 private rooms. We are veterans of more then 6 Camino’s each and this was one of the most fabulous experiences we have had on the Camino. It is run by a family who has a successful meat market in Lugo and the food was delicious; pumpkin soup, 🐇 Paella, and to much of everything else. The family couldn’t not be more welcoming Pepe the dad, Maria the Grandma and David the son. It’s only 15km from Lugo right on the Camino and they serve food and have a fabulous bar.
Thanks for the info. I will be there in a couple of days. On the Primitivo right now. Have also found surprising, fantastic new places that are not in any guides.

Thanks for the info. I will be there in a couple of days. On the Primitivo right now. Have also found surprising, fantastic new places that are not in any guides.

Can you share some of them, please. I start on Tuesday from Oviedo.

Is Vil de Cas 15km after Lugo?

Vilar de Cas is 15 km before Lugo, and the albergue is listed on gronze.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks very much for recommending this place! Now, instead of spending two days in Lugo, I will spend one of those in this cool looking place....

What is the temperature like? Much rain? I will not be travelling until July but doing my research now. First timer.

Vilar de Cas is 15 km before Lugo, and the albergue is listed on gronze.

So you can stay here, have a short day in to Lugo and then take the magical green route after Lugo.
@gittihare did you see this thread?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This place sounds wonderful ... we fly to Spain tomorrow, so this is PERFECT timing! I'd love to hear what stages people recommend in the Primitivo ... I'm 'sitting on the fence' as to where we should plan to stop. Advice? (following Lugo, we will walk the green route too :) .. following peregrina2000's advice and walk via Santa Eulalia de Bovadia to Ferreira to Sobrado dos monxes :)

I stayed there last week. One of the nicest albergues on the camino and yes the cooking was special. Also loved their el fresco cafe.

I stayed there last week. One of the nicest albergues on the camino and yes the cooking was special. Also loved their el fresco cafe.
What were the prices like? In the end we avoided it because it looked very upmarket and beyond my budget

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What were the prices like? In the end we avoided it because it looked very upmarket and beyond my budget
The private room is expensive, 50 euro i think. The albergue dorm was 14 euro but very worth it for its spectacular nature. Gorgeously appointed and the beds all had curtains and their own light, power point etc. Really nice bathrooms and laundry facility. I think dinner was 10 or 12 euro so on par and we had soup meat and eggs with salad and cheese with quince paste and of course an unlimited supply of wine. Then digestivos afterwards! The family were so friendly. They all came and chatted to us at various times through dinner which was lovely. Breaky included was coffee fresh oj and cake.

That is great to hear. It doesn't feature in any of the apps and no one knows anything about it. I did see some flyers but they give the impression that it is expensive accommodation. I stopped there last year when they were building it. I hope that it now becomes well known.

We wholeheartedly agree! It was our favourite place to stay out of about 80 days on the trail. What a wonderful family!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Leaving the first part of September would greatly appreciate any info on your fantastic new places.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back