A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

On the countdown..

Cbok82

Camino(s) past & future
September 18
I arrive in SJPDP on Thursday from Dublin with my sister. We dont have the luxury of time to complete a whole Camino so we will finish in Pamplona.
I walked the last 100km last year from Sarria, I'm expecting a very different Camino this time.
Can anyone tell me how frequently I will come across an ATM machine?
Any other tips for this stretch would be welcome 😊

Dave C.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
SJ to Santo Domingo (2017)
Santo Domingo to Fromista (2018)
SJPdP to Burgos (2019)
Since you are only walking 4-5 days I would carry the euros you will need for that section and go to an ATM in Pamplona. That section is relatively inexpensive and ATMs are plentiful once you arrive in Pamplona.
Buen Camino.

Faye Walker

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
Yes, as you are leaving from Dublin, you might as well get your first withdrawal at home. Just multiply your daily budget by number of days -- 4-5?
I honestly can't recall if there were ATMs in places like Bizkarette, Zubiri, Larrasoaña... maybe? But most pilgrims anyway are running on initial withdrawals made in Saint Jean until they arrive in Pamplona.

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
The only cash point I know of on that stretch is Zubiri. They may be possibly one before but don't count on it. Zubiri to Pamplona there are none.

Might as well take the cash you need with you. Use Zubiri as an emergency if needed.

Davey

SFletcher

Una flecha sigue una flecha
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP - Pamplona (2018); Pamplona - Burgos (2019)
There is also an ATM in Burguette, first village after Roncesvalles. The Santander branch is just where the Camino turns right off the main street.

steve 217

Camino(s) past & future
Camino frances planning via del la plata
Im heading SJDPP. On Sat walking with a pal to Pamplona its his introduction to the Camino weather looks changeable any reports as to conditions on the ground ?

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Larry Gordon Miscellaneous Camino Frances topics 9
OLDER threads on this topic
30 day countdown

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock