Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

LIVE from the Camino On the Frances now.

Eliza.c

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018-2020
Camino Ingles 2020
I am currently on the Camino Frances. My sister and I flew out from the uk and started at Carrion de la Condes on Saturday 10 July.
On this stretch the albergues, bars and restaurants are open they just need pilgrims to justify them opening their doors.
I would say if your going to travel the way don’t flock to the last stretch, travel the less trodden paths and support the small businesses that keep the Camino open.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Lirsy

Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
How many pilgrims do you find in the albergues? An average day, I mean.

I am thinking about starting next week. In Leon? Logroño? ... Primitivo? I am not sure yet.

Eliza.c

Camino Frances 2018-2020
Camino Ingles 2020

I am thinking about starting next week. In Leon? Logroño? ... Primitivo? I am not sure yet.
Hi
Last night there was 7 pilgrims in an albergue that had 50 capacity. Tonight we are staying in a twin room but numbers of pilgrims in this region is low.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

pinkwadingbird

I too am currently on the Camino Frances, between Logrono and Burgos.. Numbers of Pilgrims seem to vary greatly with location. The other night in Najera, the albergue where I stayed was packed. So much for social distancing. There was "no room at the inn" in Azofra for Saturday evening. Since then the numbers have seemed low with no issues finding a place to stay. The proprietors at the various places have seemed very appreciative for the business.

2012-2018 Frances, Via de la Plata, Portugues Central and Seaside, Norte

I have been on the Camino since SJPP until now at Carrion de los Condes. I have yet to be in an albergue which was even filled up to the 50% of the beds they are using now. Be aware Spain’s numbers are worsening, so I suppose another lockdown or some other restrictions are possible. I’m not really familiar with the political points.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Christopher Hegan

Portugese Camino (March 2014)
Thanks for these posts. I want to start my fourth Camino from Logroño next Wednesday. I land in Bilbao and am worried that Alsa seems to be running much diminished services, such that I can't seem to book a coach trip Bilbao to Logroño. Does anyone know what is going on?

Marbe2

2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!

I too am currently on the Camino Frances, between Logrono and Burgos.. Numbers of Pilgrims seem to vary greatly with location. The other night in Najera, the albergue where I stayed was packed. So much for social distancing. There was "no room at the inn" in Azofra for Saturday evening. Since then the numbers have seemed low with no issues finding a place to stay. The proprietors at the various places have seemed very appreciative for the business.

IT only takes one night of inappropriate distancing to spread the Delta virus!

Last edited:
We’re eating breakfast in Nájara, having started the Frances in Logroño a couple of days ago. Bars are open and very much welcoming business. We haven’t had any trouble getting a place to sleep. We originally started the Norte in Irun, but the constant up and down and our ancient joints proved incompatible. Bused from San Sebastián to Logroño to pick up the Frances. The albergue in Irun was closed, but San Sebastián was hopping with summer vacationers and the albergue was full with 50% capacity. I think you may occasionally have trouble getting an albergue, but reserving ahead takes care of that.

ghanem

May all be blessed, loved & guided 🌱🙂💙☀️
I am currently on the Camino Frances. My sister and I flew out from the uk and started at Carrion de la Condes on Saturday 10 July.
On this stretch the albergues, bars and restaurants are open they just need pilgrims to justify them opening their doors.
I would say if your going to travel the way don’t flock to the last stretch, travel the less trodden paths and support the small businesses that keep the Camino open.
Buen Camino Eliza! ✌️🙂♥️⚡️🌻

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Camino Cups

ghanem

May all be blessed, loved & guided 🌱🙂💙☀️
We’re eating breakfast in Nájara, having started the Frances in Logroño a couple of days ago. Bars are open and very much welcoming business. We haven’t had any trouble getting a place to sleep. We originally started the Norte in Irun, but the constant up and down and our ancient joints proved incompatible. Bused from San Sebastián to Logroño to pick up the Frances. The albergue in Irun was closed, but San Sebastián was hopping with summer vacationers and the albergue was full with 50% capacity. I think you may occasionally have trouble getting an albergue, but reserving ahead takes care of that.
Buen Camino Phil ⚡️🌸♥️🤩🤚

Sounds like a wise bit of wisdom. Buen Camino.

MariaDunlop

I have been on the Camino since SJPP until now at Carrion de los Condes. I have yet to be in an albergue which was even filled up to the 50% of the beds they are using now. Be aware Spain’s numbers are worsening, so I suppose another lockdown or some other restrictions are possible. I’m not really familiar with the political points.
Hoping 🤞to start in SJPdP mid-September. Municipal Albergues open Orisson? Roncesvalles? Zubiri? Pamplona? Etc. 🥾 🎒

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

britboy15

I am aiming to start the Norte from Irun in mid-August flying from the UK. Does anybody know how the worsening Covid situation is effecting the Albergues etc? I will be sticking to the coastal route so expect I will run into a few tourist hotspots, but I would like to wild camp where possible to avoid being turned away from accommodation at the 11th hour due to maximum capacity. I have researched wild camping laws throughout the different regions and understand that it is generally tolerated as long as the basic rules are followed. Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Cups

RENSHAW

Official Camino Vino taster
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks on the CF frequently.
Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
Ummmm? Azofra has the old Original Albergue behind the church 🤔 used for overflow-?good for 15 pilgrims even with restrictions.

RENSHAW

Official Camino Vino taster
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks on the CF frequently.
Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
Oh I loved that old albergue. Is it still open?
Annie , I have seen some one post during the last 2 years or that a school had booked the whole Municipal Albergue and that they in turn were put in the old Church albergue. Before the Mayor had a heart attack I helped list 'His' albergue on a few sites. He told me that it had cost the town a fortune , so one can understand that they take block bookings to pay for it.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads