• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino On the Frances now.

Eliza.c

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018-2020
Camino Ingles 2020
I am currently on the Camino Frances. My sister and I flew out from the uk and started at Carrion de la Condes on Saturday 10 July.
On this stretch the albergues, bars and restaurants are open they just need pilgrims to justify them opening their doors.
I would say if your going to travel the way don’t flock to the last stretch, travel the less trodden paths and support the small businesses that keep the Camino open.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How many pilgrims do you find in the albergues? An average day, I mean.

I am thinking about starting next week. In Leon? Logroño? ... Primitivo? I am not sure yet.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

I am thinking about starting next week. In Leon? Logroño? ... Primitivo? I am not sure yet.
Hi
Last night there was 7 pilgrims in an albergue that had 50 capacity. Tonight we are staying in a twin room but numbers of pilgrims in this region is low.

I too am currently on the Camino Frances, between Logrono and Burgos.. Numbers of Pilgrims seem to vary greatly with location. The other night in Najera, the albergue where I stayed was packed. So much for social distancing. There was "no room at the inn" in Azofra for Saturday evening. Since then the numbers have seemed low with no issues finding a place to stay. The proprietors at the various places have seemed very appreciative for the business.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I have been on the Camino since SJPP until now at Carrion de los Condes. I have yet to be in an albergue which was even filled up to the 50% of the beds they are using now. Be aware Spain’s numbers are worsening, so I suppose another lockdown or some other restrictions are possible. I’m not really familiar with the political points.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks for these posts. I want to start my fourth Camino from Logroño next Wednesday. I land in Bilbao and am worried that Alsa seems to be running much diminished services, such that I can't seem to book a coach trip Bilbao to Logroño. Does anyone know what is going on?

I too am currently on the Camino Frances, between Logrono and Burgos.. Numbers of Pilgrims seem to vary greatly with location. The other night in Najera, the albergue where I stayed was packed. So much for social distancing. There was "no room at the inn" in Azofra for Saturday evening. Since then the numbers have seemed low with no issues finding a place to stay. The proprietors at the various places have seemed very appreciative for the business.

IT only takes one night of inappropriate distancing to spread the Delta virus!

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We’re eating breakfast in Nájara, having started the Frances in Logroño a couple of days ago. Bars are open and very much welcoming business. We haven’t had any trouble getting a place to sleep. We originally started the Norte in Irun, but the constant up and down and our ancient joints proved incompatible. Bused from San Sebastián to Logroño to pick up the Frances. The albergue in Irun was closed, but San Sebastián was hopping with summer vacationers and the albergue was full with 50% capacity. I think you may occasionally have trouble getting an albergue, but reserving ahead takes care of that.

I am currently on the Camino Frances. My sister and I flew out from the uk and started at Carrion de la Condes on Saturday 10 July.
On this stretch the albergues, bars and restaurants are open they just need pilgrims to justify them opening their doors.
I would say if your going to travel the way don’t flock to the last stretch, travel the less trodden paths and support the small businesses that keep the Camino open.
Buen Camino Eliza! ✌️🙂♥️⚡🌻

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We’re eating breakfast in Nájara, having started the Frances in Logroño a couple of days ago. Bars are open and very much welcoming business. We haven’t had any trouble getting a place to sleep. We originally started the Norte in Irun, but the constant up and down and our ancient joints proved incompatible. Bused from San Sebastián to Logroño to pick up the Frances. The albergue in Irun was closed, but San Sebastián was hopping with summer vacationers and the albergue was full with 50% capacity. I think you may occasionally have trouble getting an albergue, but reserving ahead takes care of that.
Buen Camino Phil ⚡🌸♥️🤩🤚

Sounds like a wise bit of wisdom. Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have been on the Camino since SJPP until now at Carrion de los Condes. I have yet to be in an albergue which was even filled up to the 50% of the beds they are using now. Be aware Spain’s numbers are worsening, so I suppose another lockdown or some other restrictions are possible. I’m not really familiar with the political points.
Hoping 🤞to start in SJPdP mid-September. Municipal Albergues open Orisson? Roncesvalles? Zubiri? Pamplona? Etc. 🥾 🎒

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am aiming to start the Norte from Irun in mid-August flying from the UK. Does anybody know how the worsening Covid situation is effecting the Albergues etc? I will be sticking to the coastal route so expect I will run into a few tourist hotspots, but I would like to wild camp where possible to avoid being turned away from accommodation at the 11th hour due to maximum capacity. I have researched wild camping laws throughout the different regions and understand that it is generally tolerated as long as the basic rules are followed. Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ummmm? Azofra has the old Original Albergue behind the church 🤔 used for overflow-?good for 15 pilgrims even with restrictions.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oh I loved that old albergue. Is it still open?
Annie , I have seen some one post during the last 2 years or that a school had booked the whole Municipal Albergue and that they in turn were put in the old Church albergue. Before the Mayor had a heart attack I helped list 'His' albergue on a few sites. He told me that it had cost the town a fortune , so one can understand that they take block bookings to pay for it.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back