• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"On the Jakobsweg"

I have just published (via Blurb) "On the Jakobsweg: Get up and go!"

The book consists of an account of my pilgrimage from Nürnberg (Northern Bavaria) to Einsiedeln (South-East of Zürich) in April 2014 - some 500 kms. in 25 days walking. It also contains an introduction, maps, photographs, a list of resources and a final page entitled, "What was it all for?"

The book can be previewed here, and I welcome comments - as well as purchasers of course, if you should be interested in buying a copy! (As with all Blurb books, it's relatively expensive, but their quality is improving all the time.)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
...As with all Blurb books, it's relatively expensive....)
Congratulations on completing both your Jakobsweg journey and your publication journey -- I'm not sure which was the more difficult! The color plates which make up half this 20-page book are lovely and inspiring presentations of some of the wonderful scenery along this route. But at a price of GBP 21, it is indeed relatively expensive.

I walked this section in May 2013 (complete details including stages and lodging are in my blog), and enjoyed it thoroughly. Hopefully I'll be able to continue from Einsiedelln in 2015.

Congratulations on completing both your Jakobsweg journey and your publication journey -- I'm not sure which was the more difficult! The color plates which make up half this 20-page book are lovely and inspiring presentations of some of the wonderful scenery along this route. But at a price of GBP 21, it is indeed relatively expensive.

I walked this section in May 2013 (complete details including stages and lodging are in my blog), and enjoyed it thoroughly. Hopefully I'll be able to continue from Einsiedelln in 2015.

Thank you for that! And yes, it is expensive, but the beauty of doing a book through Blurb is that there is no wastage from unsold copies: they only do print on demand. If you have never bought a Blurb book, you may be surprised at the high quality of production. The landscape format I've chosen for On the Jakobsweg suits it well, in my opinion: it's an adornment to any coffee table, as well as containing a lot of useful information, not (as I say) currently available in English. And the cost isn't much more than what I found to be the average price of a good dinner on this particular pilgrimage route!

Good luck with your continuation next year: I have decided not to go back and do any more Swiss walking: too taxing for old legs - not to mention that Switzerland is an expensive place.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...
My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back