Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the road again.

Pingüigrino

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
I feel my feet itching, my backpack calling me by my name, my thoughts are in Galicia... lets envy us mates, next Friday we´ll start the Invierno Camino, from Ponferrada to Muxia.
Sadly it`s no time for sleeping in albergues, and that circunstance plus the moment of the year would make it a lonely Camino.
But my lovely wife will be to my side, and that´s means two big storms are arriving to Galicia next weekend. The first one is coming from the Atlantic ocean at West, the powerfull one walking from East.
Wish us luck, friends!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I feel my feet itching, my backpack calling me by my name, my thoughts are in Galicia... lets envy us mates, next Friday we´ll start the Invierno Camino, from Ponferrada to Muxia.
Sadly it`s no time for sleeping in albergues, and that circunstance plus the moment of the year would make it a lonely Camino.
But my lovely wife will be to my side, and that´s means two big storms are arriving to Galicia next weekend. The first one is coming from the Atlantic ocean at West, the powerfull one walking from East.
Wish us luck, friends!
Lucky you, Pingüigrino. There aren’t too many albergues on the Invierno, anyway, but I think you’ll find the accommodations are reasonably priced. Do you have the forum guide? It’s in Resources — it’s now about a year out of date, but it is a pretty good resource, and the price is right!

Enjoy, @Pingüigrino !
This is my favorite camino so far, so it makes me happy to think of someone out walking.
Wonderful...maybe the chestnuts in Las Medulas will be beginning to turn color...and the grapes being harvested above the beautiful Rio Miño. If you meet Don Casimiro in Montefurado please let him know his forum friends have been thinking of him, hoping all is well.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you meet Don Casimiro in Montefurado....

In his 90s when I finally met him in 2019, Don Casimiro lives in the house you see in the picture. As you are coming into Montefurado at river level, this house is in the “outskirts.” He has a long life story to share, and loves visitors. He asked me then to tell all my friends that when they pass by to come to the house and visit. He told me last year that his sons keep pressuring him to go live with him in the city, but he won’t hear of it. I hope he remains in good health, and if you or any forum member is lucky enough to meet him, send him lots of hugs from the peregrinos.

Attachments

• 29DAB724-F968-4683-AAB4-47F9F80AB27B.jpeg
    29DAB724-F968-4683-AAB4-47F9F80AB27B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Lucky you, Pingüigrino. There aren’t too many albergues on the Invierno, anyway, but I think you’ll find the accommodations are reasonably priced. Do you have the forum guide? It’s in Resources — it’s now about a year out of date, but it is a pretty good resource, and the price is right!

Thanks so much Laurie, we are usingthe Gronze guide. Being Spanish my native languaje, it is easier to me read it than any english one. About acomodation we had not having problems to make reservations but many of them are in hotels, you know no expensive for a normal weekend, but a little bit for a pilgrimage, however for this time we can do an exception and afford it. ;)

In his 90s when I finally met him in 2019, Don Casimiro lives in the house you see in the picture. As you are coming into Montefurado at river level, this house is in the “outskirts.” He has a long life story to share, and loves visitors. He asked me then to tell all my friends that when they pass by to come to the house and visit. He told me last year that his sons keep pressuring him to go live with him in the city, but he won’t hear of it. I hope he remains in good health, and if you or any forum member is lucky enough to meet him, send him lots of hugs from the peregrinos.
If I met him, I will give him lots of virtual hugs from his friends of this forum, for sure.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@Pingüigrino : all the best to your wife and yourself.
Hope you will receive the same hospitality from others as you give to pilgrims when serving as a hospitalero!
Thanks so much Sabine, but you know that working like hospitalero has their own compensations, we usually recive more than we give. When I return home after fifteen days of hard work, I feel physically exhausted, but happy like a foal in the meadow. (Or like a pig in a mud puddle 🤣🤣🤣)

Wish us luck, friends!
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I found D. Casimir. He is fine, and very happy knowing his friends all along the word are remembering him. He near cry when I told him your good wishes. (I, myself, found a grain of dust in my eyes, you know things of the Camino.)
He, of course have the best of best wishes for you all.
Buen Camino amigos.

I found D. Casimir. He is fine, and very happy knowing his friends all along the word are remembering him. He near cry when I told him your good wishes. (I, myself, found a grain of dust in my eyes, you know things of the Camino.)
He, of course have the best of best wishes for you all.
Buen Camino amigos.
What wonderful news, Pingüirino, as VN said, it makes my day. I hope you are having a wonderful Invierno!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Happy like a singing bird...

Attachments

• IMG-20201002-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20201002-WA0027.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20201003-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20201003-WA0020.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-20201003-WA0039.jpg
    IMG-20201003-WA0039.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 24
Some views

Attachments

• IMG-20201009-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20201009-WA0036.jpg
    903.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20201010-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20201010-WA0041.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20201011-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20201011-WA0036.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 19
Views and.. hard moments?
(That wine was really tasteful)

Attachments

• IMG-20201004-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0026.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20201004-WA0035.jpg
    IMG-20201004-WA0035.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20201005-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20201005-WA0041.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20201007-WA0075.jpg
    IMG-20201007-WA0075.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20201008-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20201008-WA0029.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 23
That photo of you and the red umbrella on the path out of Villavieja is priceless. Not least because that road and its row of chestnut trees was one if my favorite places on the Invierno. I'd be dancing with my umbrella too, if I were there right now.
Thank you for sharing these, @Pingüigrino — they are a real pick-me-up.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back