Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

LIVE from the Camino On the VDLP

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2007) Via de la Plata 2016/2017 . Sept 2018...Via de la Plata...May2019 via de la plata
Hello......i will be starting out on the Via de la Plata from Triana hostel Seville on 10th Sept and whilst searching for a covid test in Seville for my return trip to the U K i came across this link ..........
https://www.andalucia.org/en/travel-assistance-insurance

It appears to be free Covid 19 Insurance provided by the Andalucian region just for tourists .
Hope i dont need to avail myself of this generous offer , but nice to know its there .

Regards....John

Last edited:
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Hello......i will be starting out on the Via de la Plata from Triana hostel Seville on 10th Sept and whilst searching for a covid test in Seville for my return trip to the U K i came across this link ..........
https://www.andalucia.org/en/travel-assistance-insurance

It appears to be free Covid 19 Insurance provided by the Andalucian region just for tourists .
Hope i dont need to avail myself of this generous offer , but nice to know its there .

Regards....John
John,
Thanks for your update. A similar tourist insurance also now exists in Galicia.
Did you ever resolve your search for long term parking?
Please do write when you can re the current conditions in Andalucia; such info is so helpful for pilgrims' future planning.

Stay safe and Buen camino

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2007) Via de la Plata 2016/2017 . Sept 2018...Via de la Plata...May2019 via de la plata
Hello mspath , regarding the long term parking , i did find long term parking at San Jose college in Seville , but after a small accident ( not my fault and on the way to my brothers funeral in Derbyshire ) my car is now in for repair , so a plane it is. I have got my Int driving permit , reserving ferry , upgrading breakdown insurance etc etc ,non of which i need for Ryanair of course :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Regards....John

Last edited:

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Good heavens i am learning a lot today .
After reading that there is no charge to change a booking with Ryanair within the first 24 hrs of making said booking I went ahead and changed my return flight so as to give me more time to find a clinic for a Covid test .
I am not knocking Ryanair as the return flight is still cheap , but , do be aware that it is only the price of the seat itself that is free to change , so any other charges , choosing a seat number , hold baggage , sports equipment etc is lost i believe .

I had no extra to pay for the seat as it was the same price , but i had to pay again for seat choice and 15Kg hold baggage , so another 50euros extra .
As i say not a real moan but just something to be aware of especially if you have booked baggage and bike at £60 in the hold .....and there are 2 or 3 passengers .

If anyone knows any different please correct my post but this is how it played out for me this morning .
Regards.....John

Past OR future Camino
Camino Del Estrecho, Ruta Fray Leopoldo,
Vía Serrana, Camino Francés
Hi John,
That is indeed a generous offer! Thanks for posting it - it's very useful information for those planning to walk the Mozarabe as well as any of the other southern caminos.

I hope you have a wonderful ride and will look forward to following your posts. You are starting out in some beautiful riding country!
Elaine

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Mycroft

Good heavens i am learning a lot today .
After reading that there is no charge to change a booking with Ryanair within the first 24 hrs of making said booking I went ahead and changed my return flight so as to give me more time to find a clinic for a Covid test .
I am not knocking Ryanair as the return flight is still cheap , but , do be aware that it is only the price of the seat itself that is free to change , so any other charges , choosing a seat number , hold baggage , sports equipment etc is lost i believe .

I had no extra to pay for the seat as it was the same price , but i had to pay again for seat choice and 15Kg hold baggage , so another 50euros extra .
As i say not a real moan but just something to be aware of especially if you have booked baggage and bike at £60 in the hold .....and there are 2 or 3 passengers .

If anyone knows any different please correct my post but this is how it played out for me this morning .
Regards.....John
Yes that's why that person created the website ryanarisevil.com some years back.

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
A bit of info on albergues on the Via de la Plata...municipal in Castelblanco de los Aroyas closed.... spent the night in Casa Salvadora 43 Avda Espagna , 400mts from the municpal ( 14 € )..... .municipale in El Real De La Jara closed ....spending the night at Alojamiento Del pelegrinos 100mts down from municipal ( 10 € ) hope this helps someone
Regards.....John

Last edited:

Sunopo

Past OR future Camino
A bit of info on albergues on the Via de la Plata...municipal in Castelblanco de los Aroyas closed.... spent the night in Casa Salvadora 43 Avda Espagna , 400mts from the municpal ( 14 € )..... .municipale in El Real De La Jara closed ....spending the night at Alojamiento Del pelegrinos 100mts down from municipal ( 10 € ) hope this helps someone
Regards.....John
Many thanks for posting info. Are there only a few other pilgrims at each accommodation or is it busy? Have a wonderful ride.

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Hello sunopo a few pilgrims about but a few i suspect are catching the bus and phoning a head as there are very few places available ....today nothing available in Fuente des cantos nor Calzadilla de Cantos ....looks like a bus shelter for me tonight 🙄🙄

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Nothing like usual of course , last night 5 pilgrims , the previous night 2 including me .
Another bit of info is that Covid testing for departing flight can be taken at Seville and Madrid airports , but dont know about Santiago.

Regards....John

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

Happy Penguin

Rainy day in Castilblanco
Past OR future Camino
nothing available in Fuente des cantos nor Calzadilla de Cantos ....looks like a bus shelter for me tonight 🙄🙄
Did you call hostal Rodriguez in Calzadilla (de los Barros btw.)? There is a hostel that had like 40 empty rooms when I stayed there. It was only 10 euro because the place is rundown. Gronze says 15 euro this year. Hostal Rodriguez is my second choice in Calzadilla

Happy Penguin

Rainy day in Castilblanco
Past OR future Camino
After reading that there is no charge to change a booking with Ryanair within the first 24 hrs of making said booking I went ahead and changed my return flight
Why you say during 24 hours from booking? You can change the date of your Ryanair flight for free until 7 days before this flight (I did it myself in August and it costed me nothing) and I believe you can change it twice (due to pandemic).

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Happy penguin....just read it on the Ryanair website ..

Regards....john

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210913-122827_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-122827_Google.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 4

jony jony

Past OR future Camino
Happy penguin....regarding the hostal Rodriguez ,that is where i was and there were no vacancies . I said i would stay in the bus shelter outside and i had a drink on the terrace . The owner came out later and said they have found me a room .The problem is that i think during the pandemic they can only rent out a certain number of beds . They did not look at my passport nor register me as staying there , so i think i was an excess guest . The price was indeed 15€ but dont count on the fact that there are 20 rooms at the hostel .
Regards....John

Sunopo

Past OR future Camino
Happy penguin....regarding the hostal Rodriguez ,that is where i was and there were no vacancies . I said i would stay in the bus shelter outside and i had a drink on the terrace . The owner came out later and said they have found me a room .The problem is that i think during the pandemic they can only rent out a certain number of beds . They did not look at my passport nor register me as staying there , so i think i was an excess guest . The price was indeed 15€ but dont count on the fact that there are 20 rooms at the hostel .
Regards....John
thanks John for this useful information, including bus shelter info as backup accommodation 😀.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads