• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino On the way-1st time-day two

Margaret68

Time of past OR future Camino
Greetings and peace brothers and sisters!

I landed in Lisbon via Madrid and drove to Fatima yesterday, words are useless in holy places, pictures don’t tell half the story. I really do not like being late to Mass so of course I was late to two! 🙃 I’ve spent some time in tearful gratitude, AH mazing. I stayed at Santa Maria Hotel, 49 euro included breakfast with fantastic coffee.

I’m staying at Moov Hotel, (55 euro) about an hour from the coastal route. I made a reservation at Sardines and Friends for tomorrow night. Please pray I find it ❤️
I reserved a private room quoted 40 euro. Maybe I could do a dorm with shared bath but I turn 53 on the 23rd of this month and I do like my privacy.

I paid Tuitrans 48 euro for the transfer of my carryon luggage from Porto to A Guarda. I’ll see how that goes and decide if I want to keep that up to Santiago or see about sending it up directly to Santiago. I admittedly have too much lotion and hair product, 2 extra pairs of pants, twelve power bars, a bag of nuts, an extra power adapter, a dress to wear to church, and a pair of shoes I could live without but decided not to. I also have laundry detergent sheets so I could wash and wear if I choose.
Vanities! It’s all Vanities!

The last time I was in Spain it was my 30th birthday and this is the first time I’ve been to Portugal. I’m going to do things like a first time camino walker who doesn’t speak Spanish or Portuguese and is using What’s App for the first time.
P.S it was sunny, with picturesque clouds, a light breeze, and maybe got up to 75 degrees Fahrenheit? Yaaassss 🌤🌺 What a gift 🎁

Attachments

• 4269FAED-BB35-4C9B-8DA9-E437D6E105B3.jpeg
    4269FAED-BB35-4C9B-8DA9-E437D6E105B3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 12E56E0B-CCAB-4FDE-9C43-BA4769F05C6F.jpeg
    12E56E0B-CCAB-4FDE-9C43-BA4769F05C6F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Greetings and peace brothers and sisters!

I landed in Lisbon via Madrid and drove to Fatima yesterday, words are useless in holy places, pictures don’t tell half the story. I really do not like being late to Mass so of course I was late to two! 🙃 I’ve spent some time in tearful gratitude, AH mazing. I stayed at Santa Maria Hotel, 49 euro included breakfast with fantastic coffee.

I’m staying at Moov Hotel, (55 euro) about an hour from the coastal route. I made a reservation at Sardines and Friends for tomorrow night. Please pray I find it ❤️
I reserved a private room quoted 40 euro. Maybe I could do a dorm with shared bath but I turn 53 on the 23rd of this month and I do like my privacy.

I paid Tuitrans 48 euro for the transfer of my carryon luggage from Porto to A Guarda. I’ll see how that goes and decide if I want to keep that up to Santiago or see about sending it up directly to Santiago. I admittedly have too much lotion and hair product, 2 extra pairs of pants, twelve power bars, a bag of nuts, an extra power adapter, a dress to wear to church, and a pair of shoes I could live without but decided not to. I also have laundry detergent sheets so I could wash and wear if I choose.
Vanities! It’s all Vanities!

The last time I was in Spain it was my 30th birthday and this is the first time I’ve been to Portugal. I’m going to do things like a first time camino walker who doesn’t speak Spanish or Portuguese and is using What’s App for the first time. I’ll do it with the help and unlimited resources of my good, good Father.
I’ll keep you posted,
Your sister princess, daughter of the one true King,
Margaret
P.S it was sunny, with picturesque clouds, a light breeze, and maybe got up to 75 degrees Fahrenheit? Yaaassss 🌤🌺 What a gift 🎁

Buen camino.

Ultreia.
May the road rise to meet you
The wind always be at your back
The sun always on your face…

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What a wonderful adventure! I’m interested in walking the Portuguese Camino next year. How long did you spend in Fatima?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dear Pilgrims,
Thank you for your well wishes, prayers and blessings. I’m at Sardines and Friends with my bag and all is well. I got a tiny bit lost finding the place but found

Matriz Church of Póvoa de Varzim​

Just around the corner.
This is a fantastic place to stay, very nice. Kitchen and coffee upstairs, kettle for tea and grocery next door. There are other pilgrims here from Catalonia and Barcelona.

On the way today I made a friend, a Belgian history and French teacher. What a blessing to walk with her.
The boardwalk is being renewed in some places but not an issue. The weather is heavenly. So many kids playing nicely on the beach.

Going to shower, pray, eat and sleep. Eat your heart out Julia 😂

Much love,
Margaret

P.S. I used gps on my phone while connected to WiFi in airplane mode, then even after the WiFi connection I still had navigation.

Attachments

• 1FF5C1EF-A667-42EF-BD10-E43CBCC575C6.png
    1FF5C1EF-A667-42EF-BD10-E43CBCC575C6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • A06223A3-B5CC-402F-8B09-C7232552E2E1.jpeg
    A06223A3-B5CC-402F-8B09-C7232552E2E1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 120E5A85-8E7D-4B80-8848-082FE7A120D0.jpeg
    120E5A85-8E7D-4B80-8848-082FE7A120D0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • E9F6842E-CC77-4542-84EA-CFBC045999EF.jpeg
    E9F6842E-CC77-4542-84EA-CFBC045999EF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • C2E7BB53-0466-4726-989A-279307B9EA62.jpeg
    C2E7BB53-0466-4726-989A-279307B9EA62.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dear Pilgrims,
Made it to Esposende. Met more pilgrims, two girls from Holland, one from Denmark. All three of them said there are 3 seminarians from the US on the way as well. It was delightful to talk and walk, weather is still heavenly, quite windy.

I’m at Hostel 11, So. Nice. Really, I’m so impressed and grateful to have such stellar accommodations. 30 euro for single occupancy and a promise of fruit and juice to carry on my way tomorrow.

I went slightly off camino route and chose to follow gps instead of arrows this morning. I ended up at an 8am daily Mass just in time. The hymns brought me to tears. I was back on route a mile up the road. Just head North!
I am tired, showered and going to explore. I hear church bells telling time.

Margaret

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back