• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On theCamino this week

N11284

I began my Camino on September 10th in St Jean Pied de Port and finished in Fromista on September 24th. I walked for 14 days with one days rest in Burgos. With the exception of two very wet days the weather was kind and the walking good and easy.
I will return to complete the journey to Santiago in June next year.

I'm not sure what I expected the Camino to be before I began but it turned out to be better than anything I could have wished for. For what it's worth my observations are:

The Camino is not about walking long distances: even though the pleasure one gets after walking for 6 or 7 hours is great.
The Camino is not about getting to Santiago: even though I'm told Santiago is a lovely city.
The Camino is not about the beauty of Spain: even though I walked through some of the most beautiful and panoramic countryside I have ever seen.
The Camino is not about religion: even though the churches are awesome and some pilgrims may pray a bit more than at home.

The Camino is all about PEOPLE: the plain and simple people from all of the nations of the world.
I met so many wonderful people from all over the world that my Camino became for me a wonderful experience that I wish everyone could experience.
To all of the Canadians ,French ,German ,Irish , Japanese and especially , the Spanish people I met during those 14 days I say a very sincere thank you.

To those still on the road God Bless you all.

Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you for your lovely insight. I am resting Burgos for a day after 13 days of walking. I feel very tired and sore questioning the reason for this journey. However, your shared thoughts have brought me back to the reality of my trek.

Indeed, the venture across Spain is beautiful, the conversing with the Universe necessary, and the goal of completion...individual. The people...the people are what make the journey so incredibly special. Those that may touch us with only a smile or a "Buen Camino" with heart felt desire. Yes, John that is the reason why I am hear and I am grateful that you reminded me of my intention.

Buen Camino,

jacquie

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back