• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Once again with thanks

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
10First%2520sunrise%2520leaving%2520St%2520Jean%2520Pied%2520de%2520Port.jpg

Sunrise leaving Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, 8:42am, October 12, 2011

"Life is the fire that burns and the sun that gives light.
Life is the wind and the rain and the thunder in the sky.
Life is matter and is earth, what is and what is not,
and what beyond is in Eternity.
"
Seneca

From 2004 through 2011 I have walked the Camino Frances in its entirety
seven times. Each pilgrimage developed into a rich mix of old friends and
new, fickleness of weather, stamina and health and, of course,
philosophical musings and personal thanksgiving for each day lived.

Although age and time will inevitably take their toll,
now at 73 what matters most is to go on!
Thankful, respectful and humble,
but still curious and with an ever eager heart
I will walk again the Camino Frances starting October 15.

If you are there perhaps our paths my cross; if not follow my blog,
MSCamino >> http://mscamino.blogspot.fr/

Ultreia!

Margaret Meredith

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Margaret you are amazing! What an inspiration!

Buen Camino times a million!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Best wishes! Your encouragement was very helpful to me. I am still in the (last-minute) planning stages for a camino in late October-November, if all goes well. I'm planning to start in Astorga, so maybe we'll cross paths.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
From one "golden-ager" (according to RENFE anyway) to another, wishing you a wonderful Camino. You've helped me a lot with many different little details over the years, and I look forward to reading about your adventures.

I know you'll keep in touch, I know you'll savor every minute, buen camino, Laurie

OMG, and I was congratulating myself on planning to walk for my 65th birthday. What a fantastic photo and have written down the quote as it is quite inspirational. Buen camino!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Margaret,

You have been a wise and faithful guide for many of us on this forum. I shall look forward to reading your insightful observations once again. Also BTW, thanks for the encouragement of your spirit. Life truly isn't over until it is over. Have fun.

Safe passage and Buen Camino,
John

Hello Margaret, you have been an inspiration to me I read many many entries from you in this forum, I will also start Oct 15 my first at 60 ( A birthday gift to myself) :D and maybe If I'm lucky enough to meet you would be an honor. Wow! seven times :D

Zo

I found myself just sitting here smiling gently and feeling quite sentimental when reading your post.

Margaret, you are a wonder! Marvellous!

Buen Camino!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Margaret, I'll be right behind you... starting out on the 18th. I want you to know that I have found much inspiration in your blogs and your posts here. I appreciate how helpful and kind you are to everyone.

Buen Camino!

Best wishes for weeks of interesting companions, delicious meals, and thoughtful time of awareness and connection!

Earlier today I walked into the city and up the hill to the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela thus completing my 8th Camino Frances! After hiking at least 5 hours daily for 53 days while always carrying my fully loaded backpack, I am sincerely thankful that I made it!! Weary but thrilled, I feel as if I have been rehewn during this pilgrimage. My bones may be the same but much else seems configured differently from how I set out eight weeks ago from Saint Jean Pied de Port. As always I have relearned which qualities are most important - caritas, sincerity, serendipity,tenacity and endurance. All of us who walk here whatever our reasons or beliefs must share similar quickened emotions upon arrival. The weight of history is so great with the accumulated layers of centuries, both visible and invisible. One can see much and also feel or imagine even more such as hoards of past pilgrims following the same timeless route towardr the cathedral. When at last I arrived it was at the simple northeast corner and not one of major entrances. I put my hand on the ancient stone, offered thanks for all that has been to enable this and wept.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You're a true inspiration, Margaret! I hope I have a chance to meet yo sometime along the Camino. I wholeheartedly agree with your support of the smaller "off the beaten track" private albergues. That is the same choice that I made when planning my first Camino for next June. Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Will done, well done, Margaret!

Blessings to you, Margaret. You were an inspiration to me when I was planning my camino for Sept 2012. I thought of you and your spirit, tenacity and sense of peace while walking. The forum is blessed to have you as a member.

What an amazing journey you have had yet again, and what an inspiration you are to all of us. Thank you for sharing it with us.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you want to meet Margaret on the Camino you might have to buy thermals and a winter beanie!

So many winter Caminos Margaret!!

Hello Margaret,
I'm another of the many who followed your blog on this camino. Congratulations and thank you!
Now - I hope you're going someplace warm to relax for for awhile before the next challenge moves you.
Have a wonderful Christmas season!

Wonderful, Margaret, just wonderful!

Thank you for all your help and support while we prepared and your kind words
when we were on the road....

So amazed you completed your 8th Camino!
We walked into Santiago about 5 weeks before you, October 30th.
We took 34 days, but skipped some of the distance between Burgos and Leon.

All that you have said rings so true, and your advice was invaluable.

I am still absorbing and regrouping, but must catch up on your blog!

Congratulations and have a beautiful season of expectation, dear Margaret!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back