• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

alansykes

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Except the Francés
Greetings from Almería. Today is fiesta in Spain, and mass in the cathedral was standing room only, with the bishop officiating, resplendent in purple. Tomorrow I plan to start a couple of days coastal walk from San José, near the Cabo de Gata natural park. On Friday I'll swim out of the Mediterranean at dawn, as I've started my two previous caminos, joining the mozárabe proper back in Almería. Then Granada, Córdoba and on to Guadalupe. Then we shall see.

Advertisment

george.g

Camino(s) past & future
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
Hi Alan.
Best of luck for your camino, you are traveling along some of a route I intend to take in April next year (except I intend to take the Camino Torres from Salamanca) do you intend to post or blogg your progress?
Take care and have a great time.
Regards
George

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Buen Camino, Alan! You've inspired many of us here...so I'm very glad to know you're out there. Do enjoy the 'we shall see'!

Magwood

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (15 April 2013)
Camino Portuguese (1 May 2014)
Camino Mozárabe from Málaga (8 April 2015)
Camino del Norte & Camino Ingles (April 2016)
Buen Camino - I visited Guadalupe in 2001 on a honeymoon parador tour. I love this beautiful town - unfortunately I can't say the same about the 'ex'!

Looking forward to reading about your Camino - I may well walk from Almeria in 2018.

@alansykes I will also chime in to wish you Buen Camino!
Did Granada-Merida exactly two years ago and hope to leave from Almería in the not too distant future, who knows maybe in 2017.
I found the signage a bit iffy between Granada and Córdoba but great after that.

alansykes

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Except the Francés
Almería was worth spending a couple of days pre-camino. Impressive Alcazaba dominating the skyline. San José, on the way to Cabo de Gate, had the slightly hangdog air of many seaside resorts when most people have left. A bit further off, it's apparently possible to visit the Cortijo del Fraile, inspiration for Blood Wedding. The unspoilt bits of the coast are amazing (the spoilt bits are also amazing, for different reasons).

I also ate a lot of very good fish in my 3 days in and around Almería, always a pleasure.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I also ate a lot of very good fish in my 3 days in and around Almería, always a pleasure.
Nice :)
So tomorrow you're off then? Weather for next few days looks promising, highest in mid 20's Centigrade during the day and certainly no torrentail rain ;) Ideal walking conditions.
Ultreia!

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Live - Camino Portugues It begins
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%