• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

alansykes

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
Greetings from Almería. Today is fiesta in Spain, and mass in the cathedral was standing room only, with the bishop officiating, resplendent in purple. Tomorrow I plan to start a couple of days coastal walk from San José, near the Cabo de Gata natural park. On Friday I'll swim out of the Mediterranean at dawn, as I've started my two previous caminos, joining the mozárabe proper back in Almería. Then Granada, Córdoba and on to Guadalupe. Then we shall see.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Alan.
Best of luck for your camino, you are traveling along some of a route I intend to take in April next year (except I intend to take the Camino Torres from Salamanca) do you intend to post or blogg your progress?
Take care and have a great time.
Regards
George

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino, Alan! You've inspired many of us here...so I'm very glad to know you're out there. Do enjoy the 'we shall see'!

Buen Camino - I visited Guadalupe in 2001 on a honeymoon parador tour. I love this beautiful town - unfortunately I can't say the same about the 'ex'!

Looking forward to reading about your Camino - I may well walk from Almeria in 2018.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@alansykes I will also chime in to wish you Buen Camino!
Did Granada-Merida exactly two years ago and hope to leave from Almería in the not too distant future, who knows maybe in 2017.
I found the signage a bit iffy between Granada and Córdoba but great after that.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Almería was worth spending a couple of days pre-camino. Impressive Alcazaba dominating the skyline. San José, on the way to Cabo de Gate, had the slightly hangdog air of many seaside resorts when most people have left. A bit further off, it's apparently possible to visit the Cortijo del Fraile, inspiration for Blood Wedding. The unspoilt bits of the coast are amazing (the spoilt bits are also amazing, for different reasons).

I also ate a lot of very good fish in my 3 days in and around Almería, always a pleasure.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I also ate a lot of very good fish in my 3 days in and around Almería, always a pleasure.
Nice :)
So tomorrow you're off then? Weather for next few days looks promising, highest in mid 20's Centigrade during the day and certainly no torrentail rain ;) Ideal walking conditions.
Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back