• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Once Upon a Camino

Once Upon a Camino 2022-07-09

No permission to buy ($7.99)

Matthew_SWilson

Matthew S. Wilson - Author
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2010
Once Upon a Camino - An adventure novel set upon the Camino Frances

Twelve years after walking the Camino de Santiago, today was the day I officially released my novel about the Camino. Once Upon a Camino tells the story of Tom, a 28-year-old investment banker, who must walk across Spain to receive the blessing of his girlfriend’s family before proposing. But Tom’s plans unravel and everything changes. To get home, Tom must enlist the help of a motley band of pilgrims bound for Santiago.

The idea for the novel came to me in 2010. During the weeks walking the Camino de Santiago, I imagined a tale that captured the unique sense of adventure and camaraderie found I’d discovered on the Way. I also wanted to tell a story that could somehow explore Spain’s fascinating history.

My one hope for this book is that it might one day find an audience among the thousands of pilgrims who make their way to Santiago every year and one day a pair of strangers may meet and discuss my story in an albergue over dinner. That's the dream.

You can find more information about my novel here.

Buen Camino!

Tom, a 28-year-old investment banker, lives a successful life in London with his girlfriend, Ana. Intending to propose, he flies to Spain, seeking her family’s blessing. But his plan runs aground when Ana’s grandfather, Tito, insists the union cannot proceed until Tom walks the Camino de Santiago, an 800-kilometre pilgrimage across Spain.

‘A man would walk across a country without hesitation for the love of his life, no?’

Upon commencing the Camino, Tom’s plans further unravel – his...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.