• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One Day at a time, One Photo at a Time (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My mini Camino from Santiago to Finisterre. Met these three elderly men from Malaga walking shorter etapas and Caminos throughout the year. They tried to learn me a song....they failed of course ( really am tonedeaf )...😉 but we had a lovely time.

FB_IMG_1603227256326.jpg

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Seeing it is weekend...some indulgence. Chocolate cake as dessert in restaurant Tartan in Miranda de Ebro. Camino Vasco Interior 2019.

Lovely staff who did not blink an eye when they saw two muddy pilgrims enter. Well, I was muddy , my walking compagnon looked fine as always!FB_IMG_1603227015127.jpg

my walking compagnon looked fine as always
Yeah, because my clothes are brown. 🙃

I don't know if I posted this before, but here is one of several photos I have of the approach to the Tunel San Adrian on the Vasco/Via de Bayona. Here there is the old road for surface, but there was no shortage of mud leading up to that.
20190521_101354.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Albergue life - the laundry drying terrace at Roncesvalles, September 2012. The clothes wringer from an old washing machine was a great!

View attachment 86260
I remember that terrace. By then, I was just too tired to do anything other than stagger in and queue up for a bed!

Sometimes the light on the Camino is almost surreal. When I do an overview of our photos I notice how many have delicate threads of mist there are in the most physically demanding places. For instance, this one here was taken last year at the top of a huge climb on the Via Podiensis. Tim was just sitting there rubbing his feet and I had got up from an exhausted heap beside him to take this ethereal photo. Such a paradox, such a metaphor for life and the rough with the smooth. xo

Attachments

• Photo 22-06-19, 7 12 59 AM (1).jpg
    Photo 22-06-19, 7 12 59 AM (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
An atheist was about to spend a lot of time inside a lot of churches.

I had been given a mission to light a candle on behalf of others in my family, here at the Notre Dame du Bout du Pont, in St-Jean.

The first of a few.

Attachments

• 2018-08-22 17.28.06.jpg
    2018-08-22 17.28.06.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 16
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

€46,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sometimes the light on the Camino is almost surreal.
Early morning light in the eucalyptus trees made for a very special start to the last day of the Camino in 2019.
After Ponte Ulla, Camino Invierno/Sanabres.

Attachments

• 20190616_075944.jpg
    20190616_075944.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 20190616_080327 - Copy.jpg
    20190616_080327 - Copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Camino Eve.

Attachments

• 2018-08-22 18.12.37.jpg
    2018-08-22 18.12.37.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Ibaneta Chapel - May 2014 -
Arriving in SJPdeP the forecast for the next day meant the pilgrim office was advising against the Napoleon route - so I immediately headed to Valcarlos in sunshine but the next day the weather was horrendous. Heading to Roncesvalles the only photo I took was at the Ibaneta chapel peeking in to see the stained glass.

-IMAG0178.jpg

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Goat herd & goatherd & shepards.
D16200-HOR.jpg

And to make things more interesting the reddish pin marks the approximate location where they were.
goatmap.jpg

This was along the alternative route to Burgos, the river way. At the green pin you leave the arrowed route that goes around the airport and then the paved road through the industrial area. You instead walk through a field to Castañares where you follow the south bank of the river through parkland to get to the vicinity of the cathedral.

7.15am, walking down Rue de la Citadelle from my overnight stay at the wonderful Beilari.

From this point, it was all uphill for the next few hours.

I might have been the first to leave St-Jean that morning. There was no-one else walking ahead of me.

It didn't take long before others started catching me up though!

Attachments

• 2018-08-23 07.16.56.jpg
    2018-08-23 07.16.56.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

€46,-
The Great Escape, Part I

We came down a wooded path into the open and there was a bench there calling us to take a rest. There was a fenced pasture in front of us with cows on the other side of it. However the cows were on our side too; part of the fence was down. I've got a number of pictures from there but I like this one the best because I keep making up a conversation between the cow that has escaped and envious one below looking up.
Q29700-HOR.jpg

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Goat herd & goatherd & shepards.
View attachment 86593

And to make things more interesting the reddish pin marks the approximate location where they were.
View attachment 86594

This was along the alternative route to Burgos, the river way. At the green pin you leave the arrowed route that goes around the airport and then the paved road through the industrial area. You instead walk through a field to Castañares where you follow the south bank of the river through parkland to get to the vicinity of the cathedral.
Rick, I took the river path, but still remember I had to go around the airport partially.partially.

Rick, I took the river path, but still remember I had to go around the airport partially.
The river path has you walking along-side the airport but the camino has you walking around the end of the runway and then along-side of it.

We actually took an alternative to the alternative, walking a path between the highway and the path most who walk to the river use.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Janaury 2019 - On route to Carreco on Coastal Portugues Camino - thinking that given all the walking/running that is happening locally that I could give my garden a make over with random items all painted the same colour. It certainly made me smile in Portugal at the end of a long winter's day!
IMG_20190108_154916.jpg

Janaury 2019 - On route to Carreco on Coastal Portugues Camino - thinking that given all the walking/running that is happening locally that I could give my garden a make over with random items all painted the same colour. It certainly made me smile in Portugal at the end of a long winter's day!
View attachment 86868
Someone had way too much time on their hands.😃

€60,-
Beautiful statue, thank you for sharing it. Where was it?

I didn't say because I wasn't 100% sure. I can only post from my phone and the phone messes up the alphabetizing I did and all the file dates are the same and there is no GPS info and the pictures I took of the signs at the entrance to each town are missing. And that is the SHORT story.

After booting up my desktop and taking a look at the sorted pictures I have there I can confidently say that the picture was taken in Spain the church in Estella.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back