A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

One last forum revision of the guide

Camino Badges

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi to all Invierno alums, with a special shout out to those who have helped me revise the forum guide year after year.

This guide started years ago when Rebekah ventured out on the Invierno for the first time. Her bout with giardia meant she had some big gaps in coverage, which @wisepilgrim filled in for her.

Fast forward several years- I’ve been coordinating the revisions, and every year the guide gets better. But I know that it has a limited audience —the only other English speaking pilgrim I met on the Invierno (other than forum member Annette) had never seen it. And as things speed up, I think a more professional veneer (with maps, precise distances, etc) would make it more valuable.

I have discussed this with all the relevant parties, and my plan is to go full circle and turn the product back to @wisepilgrim.

This will make our little book more professional and give it a wider audience. It has been a lot of fun doing these updates and I’ve made some good forum friends through the efforts, but I think it’s time.

I am in Barajas waiting for my flight home, so it seems like a good time to plan my first post-camino project. 😃And since I walked the Invierno this year, I will have (I hope) many fewer doubts than in previous years. But I’m sure there will be some, and I will post my questions here. I wanted people to know that I will be turning over this year’s revisions to wisepilgrim, and we can take comfort in knowing that he will add a polish that is simply beyond my capabilities, and in knowing that he is a true Peregrino (whatever that may mean to you) to his very core.

So stay tuned for one last chance to quibble about the exit from Lalín or any of our other never-ending debates. 😄

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Standing by for questions. Thank you, Laurie, for the years of dedicated work.
And it's wonderful to see the evolution of a good idea, year after year. But you will have to find another project, when @wisepilgrim takes over this one...hmmm... 🤔

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Hi to all Invierno alums, with a special shout out to those who have helped me revise the forum guide year after year.

This guide started years ago when Rebekah ventured out on the Invierno for the first time. Her bout with giardia meant she had some big gaps in coverage, which @wisepilgrim filled in for her.

Fast forward several years- I’ve been coordinating the revisions, and every year the guide gets better. But I know that it has a limited audience —the only other English speaking pilgrim I met on the Invierno (other than forum member Annette) had never seen it. And as things speed up, I think a more professional veneer (with maps, precise distances, etc) would make it more valuable.

I have discussed this with all the relevant parties, and my plan is to go full circle and turn the product back to @wisepilgrim.

This will make our little book more professional and give it a wider audience. It has been a lot of fun doing these updates and I’ve made some good forum friends through the efforts, but I think it’s time.

I am in Barajas waiting for my flight home, so it seems like a good time to plan my first post-camino project. 😃And since I walked the Invierno this year, I will have (I hope) many fewer doubts than in previous years. But I’m sure there will be some, and I will post my questions here. I wanted people to know that I will be turning over this year’s revisions to wisepilgrim, and we can take comfort in knowing that he will add a polish that is simply beyond my capabilities, and in knowing that he is a true Peregrino (whatever that may mean to you) to his very core.

So stay tuned for one last chance to quibble about the exit from Lalín or any of our other never-ending debates. 😄
This sounds like a wonderful idea, and a little book will most probably find a bigger audience for the Invierno outside of the forum

Saying this, Charlie and myself sincerely must thank you for all your efforts in putting together the Invierno PDF ....for without that download from the forum, we probably would not even have attempted the Invierno.

Also need to thank Caryn, VN walking, Athene,Charrito, kinky1 and so many others for their descriptions and information re this Camino as I read almost everything there was to read on it before we left.

It was lovely meeting you for a few days and hope you have a safe journey home
Best wishes
Annette and Charlie

TaijiPilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017)
So far, I have been traveling with you virtually each year as you post revisions. Thanks to all for their effort and dedication.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
The other advantage to letting Michael assume responsibility for the Invierno Guide under his Wise Pilgrim series, is that there is an accompanying app for smartphones.

The Wise Pilgrim guides & apps are arguably the best out there. The author lives in Santiago and keeping all his guides current is his job.

This was a sound decision IMHO...

peregrina2000

Staff member
Standing by for questions. Thank you, Laurie, for the years of dedicated work.
And it's wonderful to see the evolution of a good idea, year after year. But you will have to find another project, when @wisepilgrim takes over this one...hmmm... 🤔
Maybe moving on to the Olvidado, though I am almost done translating Ender’s guide and it’s pretty complete.

Happy to take suggestions for new projects! Especially if it involves walking a new camino.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Maybe moving on to the Olvidado, though I am almost done translating Ender’s guide and it’s pretty complete.

Happy to take suggestions for new projects! Especially if it involves walking a new camino.
It's quite obvious that you like more hilly Caminos. What about Ruta del Besaya (Santander - Carrion de los Condes)?

jerbear

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia

Aisling Collins

Camino(s) past & future
Have walked Camino Frances.
Planning to walk Lisbon - Santiago July 20th, 2014....

Best travels back home. I also cannot thank all of you enough that put together the info in a way that I can follow and understand. Just pulled into Pola de Gordon on Olvidado and a guide by Roger has been incredible helpful that will be available from the CsJ in Britain (I think?). In fact, this doc has saved me I'm problematic areas... There is a new app also for Camino Olvidado ...(but it has glitches).. also elcaminoolvidado.com amazing and the guide from yourself as well 2014.
Safe travels.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%