• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One More Sleep :-)

Cailin O Eire

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked Sarria to Santiago Easter 2014
Hope to walk for 5 days from St Jean Pied De Port to wherever my feet bring me to first week of June 2016
So in the morning I fly to Biarritz and make my way to St. Jean with Caroline of Express Bouricott. I start walking on Sunday. Am I excited? Yes, Nervous? Oh Yes! Should I have booked Roncevalles or other places between St Jean and Estella, maybe, but I haven't. I'm hoping the Camino will provide as I have read so many times that it does. I wanted this trip to be laid back go with the flow I'm hoping that's how it will be. I'm so glad it's finally one more sleep. Hopefully see lots of Pilgrims in Saint Jean tomorrow
I'll let ye know how it goes.
Thanks for everything the advise the gentle encouragement, just having this forum available. Thanks Thanks Thanks!
Prayers for a safe happy memorable journey
Rita

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
So in the morning I fly to Biarritz and make my way to St. Jean with Caroline of Express Bouricott. I start walking on Sunday. Am I excited? Yes, Nervous? Oh Yes! Should I have booked Roncevalles or other places between St Jean and Estella, maybe, but I haven't. I'm hoping the Camino will provide as I have read so many times that it does. I wanted this trip to be laid back go with the flow I'm hoping that's how it will be. I'm so glad it's finally one more sleep. Hopefully see lots of Pilgrims in Saint Jean tomorrow
Thanks for everything the advise the gentle encouragement, just having this forum available. Thanks Thanks Thanks!
Rita
Hi , wish you well and a Buen Camino , Peter .

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Have a great time Rita.
I'm just back after 1 week walking from Estella to Ages.
You'll have an amazing experience .
Audrey

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Enjoy your camino, make sure you have ear plugs,water and when you get to Pampalona try a glass of Pacharan and ice to celebrate getting there. Buen Camino. One other thing toilet roll knock the center out of it to make it fold flatter.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Buen Camino Rita,
I will be just behind you as we travel on June 4th and start from Pamplona on the 5th.
God bless and keep you.
Lydia

Buen Camino Rita,
I will be just behind you as we travel on June 4th and start from Pamplona on the 5th.
God bless and keep you.
Lydia
Hi Lydia, many thanks and many blessings for your trip also.
It's very exciting now that it's so near, I'm like a child waiting for Santa!!
Rita

Go n-eirigh an bothar leat! You will have a great time.
I'm just back after cycling from Clonmacnoise to Finnestere.
Hi Gerry.........you were probably one of those fit cyclists that passed us plodding along...we are back too.......made it to Leon without any problems, enjoyed every step and will be back in September to finish to Finesterre and Muxia. sometimes I envied those cyclists flying along but not when it came to the mucky bits....well done......

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Rita
Have a great experience. Looking forward to reading about your adventure.

Hi , wish you well and a Buen Camino , Peter .
hi Peter....we missed each other this time around......I see you are thinking of Porto to Santiago next year, so am I, the Camino bug has bitten big time, might see you on that one...keep in touch.....All the best

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
hi Peter....we missed each other this time around......I see you are thinking of Porto to Santiago next year, so am I, the Camino bug has bitten big time, might see you on that one...keep in touch.....All the best
Yes, the Camino does something with me. It begane in 2013 when my wife walked the Camino Frances. I will stay in touch. Wish you well, Peter.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Buen Camino! I am excited for you. As you said, "go with the flow" and everything will unfold as it is meant to...

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Not this time, when your in Estella go to Bodegas Irache for a free glass/bottle of wine, it's just outside the town. Enjoy your camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Rita

Buen camino Rita ….enjoy your journey

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Nuala,

Yes arrived and got accomodation in a little gem of an albergue Bellari, communal meal really good fun. I planned on leaving at 6:30 but lights out here til 6:45, realistically it will be 7:15 7:30 now when I leave. Hope that's not too late for getting to Rocessvales and getting a bed,not a fast walker :)!! Busy here seems to be a lot around, a lot stopping in Orisson tomor tho.
Thanks for the well wishes
Rita

An update.... I'm having a wonderful trip so far. I may have started out solo but I have a camino family. What was I worried about?? I think you actually have to choose to walk alone if that's what you want. I love company and I'm delighted to have a camino family to walk with enjoy meals with etc.
From a happy weary pilgrim in Zubiri( my god day 1 is a reality check but doable)
Rita

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
An update.... I'm having a wonderful trip so far. I may have started out solo but I have a camino family. What was I worried about?? I think you actually have to choose to walk alone if that's what you want. I love company and I'm delighted to have a camino family to walk with enjoy meals with etc.
From a happy weary pilgrim in Zubiri( my god day 1 is a reality check but doable)
Rita
Enjoy Zubiri. In fact, enjoy all of Euskal Herria as long as your are lucky enough to be walking in it. :)

Enjoy Zubiri. In fact, enjoy all of Euskal Herria as long as your are lucky enough to be walking in it. :)
Yes I'm loving the beautiful scenery of the Basque Countryside. Thank you for the well wishes :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Rita
There is cool 'Pizza place' on the way into Pamplona, make sure you check it out.

There is cool 'Pizza place' on the way into Pamplona, make sure you check it out.
pinxtos pinxtos pinxtos. or splurge and have a full on Basque meal. From the moment you step into Logrono until you get to the border with Galicia, your food options are going to taste the same every single day (good, but the same). That is the time to break it up with pizza or other non-traditional food. Savor being in a unique culture with a unique food while you can. Once you enter Spain the food will be REALLY good, but it's going to be about the same everywhere you go for a loooooong time

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.