• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One Pilgrim's Progress: Gifts from the Camino

Jezzi

Time of past OR future Camino
Autumn 2011
Web site with book excerpts, maps, and photos: www.jopaluzzi.com

Part personal memoir, part travelogue, with myths, legends, historical anecdotes and architectural highlights, this is an account of a journey along the Camino de Santiago de Compostela from the first disastrous day when the trip almost ended to the final glance back at the Cathedral of Santiago from the bus heading for the airport. Ultimately, it is a testimony to the healing power of living in the moment.

This is an account of what the middle of loss looks like: the loss of a beloved parent, a job, a professional identity, and a home. This is neither a detailed history of the beginning of those losses nor their end- the final outcome is still a work in progress. This is about the scary, mushy, black middle, after all the disasters have already come crashing down and you are forced to step into and over the debris every time you force yourself to get out of bed in the morning. Walking part of the way across northern Spain in the footsteps of millions of pilgrims going back to the 9th century inexplicably felt like the perfect way to literally and figuratively move forward.

And it was.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Do you know about the Facebook page called, Camino Authors? Check it out!
I like your scary, mushy black description and will read the excerpts from your book.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Web site with book excerpts, maps, and photos: www.jopaluzzi.com

Part personal memoir, part travelogue, with myths, legends, historical anecdotes and architectural highlights, .......... Walking part of the way across northern Spain in the footsteps of millions of pilgrims going back to the 9th century inexplicably felt like the perfect way to literally and figuratively move forward.

And it was.
Thanks Jezzi,
Sorry to hear about your mother - that's always hard.
I can't wait to read parts of your website.
Cecelia

Thanks Jezzi,
Sorry to hear about your mother - that's always hard.
I can't wait to read parts of your website.
Cecelia
With just two kind postings, I am reminded of what it felt like to be a part of that 'mobile community' along the Camino and to realize how being a member of that community felt like a blessing. Thank you.

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back