• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One Stop between Sarria and Arzua

Ramasjang

Hello

In trying to find a hotel or pension between Sarria and Arzua.

For October 30 some where around halfway.

It need to be pet friendly since we walk with our dog. (Small under 5kg)

Hope some one can help us.

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello , if I'm correct this would cover around 75 kilometers? This would mean somewhere midway the etapa of Portomarin to Palas de Rei? Is this correct?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Kaybee rarely found that her dog was welcome:

http://kaybeetravels.blogspot.com/2009_ ... chive.html

She spent many nights outside in church doorways because of her dog. Her devotion is commendable, but expect massive inconvenience when traveling with a dog!
we busted to get to the cathedral for the 12 o clock pilgrims mass in santiago, as a suitable ending.... on arrival at the side entrance, right before 12, i marched right through the door with grainne, entered the cathedral, and plunked down my backpack, my stick next to me, and me, right inside the door on the top of the steps, with grainne curling up and sleeping in my lap. now i know well that in spain they think dogs are outside animals but darn it we just walked from pamplona, and i felt like we were ENTITLED to sit in the cathedral for an hour while they said mass (never mind that i didnt understand a word of it as it was in spanish, hahahaha), and i was NOT abandoning my dog to sit outside and bark and be miserable and possibly get stolen after she had just trudged 3 or 400 miles as well. as far as i was concerned, we both had as much or more right to be in that cathedral as anyone else. plus there was noone to stop us and no sign saying no dogs. i got a lot of looks from people as we sat there but i was partly amused, partly aware i was callign attention to myself and partly didnt care cuz we had just walked a billion miles and we were entitled to be there. she was silent and curled up in my lap. i was enjoying not having to be anywhere do anythign and jsut being able to sit there. maybe we shoudl have gone somewhere less obvious but i was afraid to go much further than jsut inside the door, i figured i was being as "respectful" of their rules as possible by staying just inside the door. anyway, my peace and quiet only lasted about 1o minutes until we got kicked out by a security guard.....to whom i insisted we had just walked from pamplona we required to go to mass etc etc et c in my awful spanish. he made us leave.
You may need good Spanish skills to negotiate with innkeepers. It is not that the Spanish dislike dogs, but health codes and cleanliness issues make them unwelcome most places. Your task could be to appeal to the dog lovers to make exceptions to the codes and rules.

Thanks for your replies.

We have been able to find accommodations for our dog all the way.

You are right it sometimes is a challenge to find a place where they accept dogs.
We have used a lot of time writing and calling Hostels in advanced.

My experience is that private Hostels are the most pet friendly. This means our budget is a bit higher than normal, we pay between 25 - 40 Euroes a night.

The nice thing is we get to sleep in when we want :)

Ya I don't think our Beau will attend mass!
- They would not give him a pilgrim pass in SJPdP.

But I don't think he will care much.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back