• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One week in.. Logrono

dgallen

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (6), Primitivo(3), Finisterre/Muxia (3), Aragones, Norte, Portuguese, Camino del Rey
It is after 7pm in Logrono and was preparing to head out to my favourite tapas and wine in Spain, but big claps of thunder kept me in to blog for a few minutes. Staying at the Winederful Hostel in Logrono which I wrote about on the CF forum last year. Without a doubt the best hostel on the Camino. Ultra clean. Amazing beds, fresh linen, curtains, breakfast, hot hot showers and on and on. It allows access via coded entry catd, so don't have to worry about locked doors or curfew like at the muni. And tapas deserves an after 9pm experience. Only me and another pilgrim in a 12 bed room. 3 minutes to the cathedral. Insane more pilgrims have not caught on to this place. And 16 euro on booking dot com

The crowds are thinning out a bit. Surprised how many are doing shorter 7 days caminos and ending in Logrono. Los Arcos last night was busy. I usually stay at Abuela Albergue in Los Arcos and it was full (including me). Disappointed that after talking up to other pilgrims the need to check out the beautiful gold interior of the Los Arcos church, the doors were closed on a Sunday evening??? Same thing as March 2018. A nice surprise wad the 'oasis caravan bar' between VillaMayor and Los Arcos was open. Last March it wasn't and I missed it. The portable bar in the valley before Viana has been torn down. Vana seemed surprisingly quiet and a favourite bar stop for raclettes (opposite the cathedral) has also closed.

As always typos and spelling mistakes are a result of tiny tablet keyboard and general laziness. Will report on how busy camino is from Najera a tomorrow night.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It is after 7pm in Logrono and was preparing to head out to my favourite tapas and wine in Spain, but big claps of thunder kept me in to blog for a few minutes. Staying at the Winederful Hostel in Logrono which I wrote about on the CF forum last year. Without a doubt the best hostel on the Camino. Ultra clean. Amazing beds, fresh linen, curtains, breakfast, hot hot showers and on and on. It allows access via coded entry catd, so don't have to worry about locked doors or curfew like at the muni. And tapas deserves an after 9pm experience. Only me and another pilgrim in a 12 bed room. 3 minutes to the cathedral. Insane more pilgrims have not caught on to this place. And 16 euro on booking dot com

The crowds are thinning out a bit. Surprised how many are doing shorter 7 days caminos and ending in Logrono. Los Arcos last night was busy. I usually stay at Abuela Albergue in Los Arcos and it was full (including me). Disappointed that after talking up to other pilgrims the need to check out the beautiful gold interior of the Los Arcos church, the doors were closed on a Sunday evening??? Same thing as March 2018. A nice surprise wad the 'oasis caravan bar' between VillaMayor and Los Arcos was open. Last March it wasn't and I missed it. The portable bar in the valley before Viana has been torn down. Vana seemed surprisingly quiet and a favourite bar stop for raclettes (opposite the cathedral) has also closed.

As always typos and spelling mistakes are a result of tiny tablet keyboard and general laziness. Will report on how busy camino is from Najera a tomorrow night.
Darn. We are in Logroño tonight too but at Albergue Logroño. It’s nice and close to Laurel street for tapas but wish I’d checked out Winederful! Maybe I’ll see you in Nájera!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de PerdĂłn has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back