• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One week on the Camino...

myran

I´m a 41 yo female who wants to do a pilgrim walk in the beginning of june. Have found lots of info on the internet about the different walks but need some advice. First; Which walk/part of walk should I choose? I like to spend 5-8 days, reasonable fit and enjoy nice views. Second; I prefer not to plan so much in advance but how is it with accommodation in june, do I need to book ahead (how long in advance, costs)? Third: What is the weather like in June?

Thanks!

Catarina, Sweden

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
myran said:
Which walk/part of walk should I choose? I like to spend 5-8 days

Welcome to the pilgrim forum, Catarina. The weather in June will be good, possibly hot, and the Camino will be busy but not over-populated, so you do not need to worry about finding accommodation. When you ask which part of the route you should choose, it depends on what you intend in the future.

1. Do you want to return and do more? In which case, I recommend you start from St Jean Pied-de-Port and go to Pamplona. Return later to continue.

2. Or do you simply want to go to Santiago? In which case, you could consider getting the bus from Lugo to Ambasmestas, then walk up through O Cebreiro and do the one-week walk to journey's end.

3. A quiet and pleasant route for an easy week's walk would be from Coruna to Santiago on the Camino Ingles (CSJ notes available) and the June weather would make that ideal.

A few ideas, but other forum members will doubtless suggest more. Keep looking in here: you will get plenty of help.

Gareth

Gareth Thomas said:
3. A quiet and pleasant route for an easy week's walk would be from Coruna to Santiago on the Camino Ingles
Gareth

Sorry to differ on this one. The walk from A Coruna only takes 3 days and is not long enough to qualify for the Compostela. The ''real'' Camino Ingles starts in Ferrol, goes for 5 to 6 days (average 20Km a day) and is not that ''easy''.
That being said, I recommend it strongly.

Have a good one, cheers,

Jean-Marc

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Canuck said:
Sorry to differ on this one. The walk from A Coruna only takes 3 days and is not long enough to qualify for the Compostela.

Yes, I'm glad you spotted the deliberate error: I like to keep you people on your toes! :D I'm always muddling them up: I was thinking of El Ferrol. :( I walked that route last year to try out Johnny Walker's CSJ notes before he published them. You don't really need a week for that either, but why not linger and enjoy it! You say it's not 'easy' but I suppose it just seemed so, as I had just finished walking from Worcester to Santiago just before doing it. There are a couple of long sections that are quite stretching, I suppose, but I'd say it was quite straightforward otherwise, wouldn't you?

Gareth

Gareth,

I completed the Camino Inglés, after having done the Camino del Norte and with a few days to spare before my return to Canada.
My statement that the Inglés is not that easy my have been coloured by the fact that I had a mean bout of food poisoning in Bruma. I was out of commission for two days. Still, I think it is one of the most enjoyable caminos and recommend it before the Sarria Run to anyone with just a week to spare.
I plan on returning next fall with my wife, after the VDLP.

Keep testing us! :mrgreen:

Hi

Then there's always the Camino Portugues beginning at Tui - 115 km to Santiago de Compostella. I would break up the walk by spending a day in Pontevedra, where there is so much to see.

Cheers Rose Louise

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back