• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Online survey about the Camino Francés

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I did take the survey and it would be interesting to see the raw data results...but we have never had any results posted on past surveys.

I must say that this one does sound more like a market research for albergues than a Master's thesis. Interesting and worth participating.

grayland said:
I did take the survey and it would be interesting to see the raw data results...but we have never had any results posted on past surveys.

I must say that this one does sound more like a market research for albergues than a Master's thesis. Interesting and worth participating.

Hey grayland, thanks for participating in my online survey. Thank you as well for your nice feedback :D

I am going to do my best for giving you information about the results!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Done. It would be nice to see the results posted here.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Done - I also support publishing the results of the survey.

Henry, it was an interesting survey to complete. All the best with your research.
Margaret

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Done. You didn't give a geographical area for where we live (Costa Rica, Central America), so I put South America, which is not quite the same! Anne

annakappa said:
Done. You didn't give a geographical area for where we live (Costa Rica, Central America), so I put South America, which is not quite the same! Anne

Hi Anne,
I divided America into North America and South America (I know that there are different opinions how to divide it). Therefore, Costa Rica belongs to North America. You should have selected "Other countries in North America", but it is not a big mistake. I thank you (and all the others) for participating)!!!
Henry

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I love the town plan with the peregrino walking in. The first stop was always the bar of course!

Completed.
Filling in the survey reminded me that it's almost 3 years since my boots last kicked up the dust of the Camino.
If I ever want to do it again, I'd better start making plans while I'm still able.

Henry. said:
annakappa said:
I divided America into North America and South America (I know that there are different opinions how to divide it). Therefore, Costa Rica belongs to North America.
>
Actually, if you check one of the larger travel forums (http://www.travellerspoint.com), you'll notice that they keep "Central/South America & The Caribbean" separate from North America. Mexico is usually considered to be part of North America.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
fraluchi said:
Henry. said:
annakappa said:
I divided America into North America and South America (I know that there are different opinions how to divide it). Therefore, Costa Rica belongs to North America.
>
Actually, if you check one of the larger travel forums (http://www.travellerspoint.com), you'll notice that they keep "Central/South America & The Caribbean" separate from North America. Mexico is usually considered to be part of North America.

Geographically North America is Mexico, USA and Canada. South America is Colombia and everything South. Central America are the nine countries in between.

wdbillingsley said:
Central America are the nine countries in between.
I know that we are getting off topic, but I beg to correct above statement: from Mexico to Colombia there are 7 countries: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama.

fraluchi said:
wdbillingsley said:
I know that we are getting off topic, but I beg to correct above statement: from Mexico to Colombia there are 7 countries: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama.

Sorry. You are right...I should have checked...they are all nice countries.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
fraluchi said:
wdbillingsley said:

Sorry. You are right...I should have checked...they are all nice countries.

Done!

As to locations/country of origin...in my life time many countries have been absorbed into others, some wiped off the face of the earth...some newly independent, while others just continue to move along. Listing continents may have been easier...with the assorted island added here and there.

Buen "Whenever I think I may be lost...I'm exactly where I am!" Camino

Arn

Done...I join the others in saying I would like to see the survey results on the forum.
Sandra :arrow:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear pilgrims,

now, more than 600 people have participated in my online survey.
On the one hand, I want to thank you for your help! On the other hand, I want to motivate all of you who have not participate yet. Further, I would be very happy if everybody passes the link to her/his friends. The online survey is active till the end of October 2011. So, there is enough time and a good change to say "Hello" to your pilgrim friends all over the world :D

Buen Camino
Henry

Now, more than 800 people have participated in my online survey. Thank you very much!
The online survey is active till the end of October 2011.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Now, more than 1.500 pilgrims have participated in my online survey. Thank you very much!
The online survey will be active till the end of October 2011.

Best regrads from Germany,
Henry

almost in the nick of time! please do post the results here!

caminka

ps: why do we always have to fall into the 'other countries of europe'? *pout*

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Re: Online survey would not complete

hi there Henry, i tried to fill in your survey on sunday 30th octiber but i was unable to complete it... the question concerning costs etc to and from plus equipment would not receive characters...
cheers juju

I cannot pull up the survey on either ff, ie or chrome. Any tips?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
lbpierce said:
what happened to the results?

Dear pilgrims,

after one and a half years of processing time I was able to successfully defend my final thesis.

Thank you very much for your support in completing the online questionnaire and for your helpful feedback.

The results of the global online survey combined with the experinces of my own pilgrimage have been published as a book.

http://www.amazon.de/Der-Camino-Frances ... 3869244240

I wish you all

"Buen Camino!"

Henry Vahl

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Henry. said:
The results of the global online survey combined with the experinces of my own pilgrimage have been published as a book.
This is what came up when checking the suggested website:
[Preis: EUR 44,90 kostenlose Lieferung. Siehe Details.
Nur noch 1 auf Lager (mehr ist unterwegs).]
My comment: also, geht's noch :?: :roll:

fraluchi said:
Henry. said:
This is what came up when checking the suggested website:
[Preis: EUR 44,90 kostenlose Lieferung. Siehe Details.
Nur noch 1 auf Lager (mehr ist unterwegs).]
My comment: also, geht's noch :?: :roll:

My thoughts exactly. I would have thought Henry , that as a gesture to the forumers you would have shared the results here online.
And boy that is a steep price....And for 44.90 € I may hope the delivery is for free... :x My ticket from Zaragoza back to Belgium was cheaper.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back