• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Only 30 kms to go!

MargLav

Time of past OR future Camino
September - October 2016 Camino Frances
We are slowing down our walk into Santiago so we can arrive about 10.30 am Monday morning 17/10. What should we do first? Can't check into our hotel until later but can drop our backpacks off when we arrive. We'd love to make midday Pilgrim's mass. We're hearing rumours about "tickets" to mass - can anyone confirm or deny? Is there a better time to line up to get our Compostela? Much appreciated!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi and congratulations @MargLav !

Here is what I would do:

Drop off backpack at hotel and go to pilgrims Mass, hug the Apostle, pray at the tomb. Tickets for Mass are not likely, these things only happen if some really, really important dignitary turns up for a major feast day ...

After that check in your hotel, shower and enjoy/celebrate your arrival.

Tomorrow in the morning (shorter queue!) go to the pilgrims office to collect your Compostela.

Buen Camino, SY

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
:):):p:)
Hi and congratulations @MargLav !

Here is what I would do:

Drop off backpack at hotel and go to pilgrims Mass, hug the Apostle, pray at the tomb. Tickets for Mass are not likely, these things only happen if some really, really important dignitary turns up for a major feast day ...

After that check in your hotel, shower and enjoy/celebrate your arrival.

Tomorrow in the morning (shorter queue!) go to the pilgrims office to collect your Compostela.

Buen Camino, SY

Thanks for your quick reply! I thought early or late for Compostela would be best. So close now!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You can always go with your camino family and they collect your credentials and tell you when to come back and collect the Compostela. Then you won´t need to wait there. That is what we did.
I agree to leave the backpack at the hotel and enjoy the mass.....it might all be different when you get to the cathedral as it was for me. I was so overwhelmed that I cried quietly for a long time and let those past days pass through my mind. As I left early from Pedrouzo I was the first of all my camino family to get there and had time to reflect and just be.

I waited for them and we then had lunch together.
We went to the mass afterwards and it was an incredible and very emotional day.

Buen Camino and congratulations on reaching Santiago soon. All the best for you.

You can always go with your camino family and they collect your credentials and tell you when to come back and collect the Compostela. ...

As far as I know that only works for organized groups, for the rest of us it is "one pilgrim, one credencial, one Compostela at the time". Buen Camino, SY

As far as I know that only works for organized groups, for the rest of us it is "one pilgrim, one credencial, one Compostela at the time". Buen Camino, SY
We must have been lucky then. They asked us if we walked in a group and we said yes.....
We filled in a form and came back after the mass and picked all up.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We must have been lucky then. They asked us if we walked in a group and we said yes.....
We filled in a form and came back after the mass and picked all up.
Thanks Michael. Sounds like you had a lovely experience - just me and hubby walking in although looking forward to catching up with Camino friends that I'm sure we'll see.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back