Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Only 7 days to walk

Anniep

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo. Sept 2018
Hello. We are starting our walk in Oviedo (I think). But only have 7 days to walk. do you think this is a good starting point and realistically will we reach lugo? Also, any suggestions on how to get to Santiago on the 8th day. ThAnkyou.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I did exactly this earlier this year - for most people, I think 30km per day on the primitivo is do-able since there is less pressure on albergue beds and so you can walk for longer each day
Then coach from Lugo to Santiago - the best way to travel the last 100km as you can watch the hordes on the CF from the comfort of your fast-moving seat

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi @Anniep

Alternatively you could start in Lugo, especially if you would like to receive a Compostela (as you need to walk the last 100km into Santiago for that). Buen Camino, SY
Is the last leg starting in Lugo extremely busy?

I did exactly this earlier this year - for most people, I think 30km per day on the primitivo is do-able since there is less pressure on albergue beds and so you can walk for longer each day
Then coach from Lugo to Santiago - the best way to travel the last 100km as you can watch the hordes on the CF from the comfort of your fast-moving seat
Do I need to book a Coach in advance?

Well it is possible to walk from Oviedo to Santiago in 8 days if you want to push yourself a little. How realistic Lugo or Santiago is depending on how fit you are how long stages you want to walk and for how long.
How experienced hiker are you?
How long can you walk during a day (either in one slog or half in the morning and the rest in the afternoon)?
Do you want to do turistic stuff along the way?
Can you book accomodations in advance?

For a normal fit person Oviedo to Lugo is no problem in 7 days.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Last year, in July, I found the last leg from Melide to Santiago was extremely crowded. Of course we were all trying to make it to Santiago for St. James' Day, but it looked like a conveyor belt of people on the trail. Coming off of the Primitivo at Melide was a huge shock. The Primitivo had been quiet, with beautiful scenery and pristine trails (not one marker defaced with graffiti) up until that point.

Thank you. I'm sure I will have more questions, but I will explore the forum.

I'm looking for favorite places to stay for now.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back