• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Oporto - suggestions of where to spend the night

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
hotel in Porto

Hello,

Thought I would recomend my favourite hotel in Porto which is the Hotel Pennisular, Rua S6 Da Bandeira 21. telephone 222 003 012.

It is an old art deco hotel which oozes faded glamour and has a fantastic lift inside.

It is very conveniently located in the centre near the railway station and is very friendly, clean and good value at 22 euros, rising to 72 euro's for a double in high season (that does include breakfast and a bathroom)

Ask for a room at the front, they are a little more expensive but the rooms are bigger and brighter and have got antique furnishings.

Ther are loads of hotels in Porto so you shouldn't have any problems finding somewhere to stay once you arrive.

The Grande Hotel de Paris is on Rua de Fabrica, it is cheap and again art deco in it's decoration, It's nice but not as great as the Hotel Pennisular. :D If you require a number let me know.

Ate Logo

Jacqui

Hi Jacki,
Will try your favorite, since the Grand Hotel de Paris is already booked solid for September 5. Cheers and thanks again.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Albergue Do Peregrinos. The owner has cycled the camino many times and carries a sincere, huge love for it. It is clean and spacious with good facilities.

I like to stay in an albergue before setting off to meet pilgrims, learn about the pilgrimage and get into the spirit of it.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back