Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Opportunities without the 'training' ?

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ),Via San Francesco(2017) Camino Portugese (2018 )Camino Ingles(2019) CF
5 Caminos, a few nursing and mental health professional licenses, retired with time....but have yet to be able to connect to any 'training' ! There have not been volunteer trainings offered in locations or time tables that I could possibly attend during the past four years that I've been looking. I've got time, I've got skills, I've got the sense of humor, I've got the desire to volunteer and I cannot connect. I'll be in Spain 7/21 thru 8/24 this year with no concrete plan but to begin in Pamplona and walk...would love to volunteer somewhere that may need to assistance. Any thoughts?

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Contact the association for whom you wish to sponsor you as a volunteer and see what they say.

Mima1965

Norte/Primitivo/Frances (2021)
5 Caminos, a few nursing and mental health professional licenses, retired with time....but have yet to be able to connect to any 'training' ! There have not been volunteer trainings offered in locations or time tables that I could possibly attend during the past four years that I've been looking. I've got time, I've got skills, I've got the sense of humor, I've got the desire to volunteer and I cannot connect. I'll be in Spain 7/21 thru 8/24 this year with no concrete plan but to begin in Pamplona and walk...would love to volunteer somewhere that may need to assistance. Any thoughts?

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Mima1965

Norte/Primitivo/Frances (2021)
Hi KJF Sophie,
I want to volunteer as well (mind you that's next year) and I can't attend the training in Australia; the closest to me. However, it appears we can still be hospitaleras by doing three days training on the job. I am overloaded with information right now and can't remember the best people to contact but the information is available here. Read volunteering threads (as already suggested) or contact the places you would like to help.
Buena suerte!

Ksalud

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Many, various, and continuing.
I need some help this year at Peaceable Kingdom, our house on the Meseta. It is not an albergue, it is just where I live with my husband and several animals; we take in up to 5 pilgrims when the need arises.

I am a keen hiker and a Camino activist; I need to leave home sometimes to take care of business. Patrick, my husband, gets along OK on his own, but cannot drive the car into town to get supplies. We need someone who is sane, healthy, cooperative, and smart, who can drive (and has a license!), a low-maintenance self-starter who can deal with silence and down time, loves animals and doesn't mind handling and walking them; is willing to help with household chores, occasional pilgrim handling, cooking, gardening, etc. Moratinos is a tiny town, the people are friendly but they only speak Spanish. Plenty of pilgrims pass through every day, there is a Hostal and an albergue in town where you can go and lend a hand and schmooze. This is a great place for someone who is working on a thesis or manuscript or other big project, and needs a quiet place free from distractions. There is not a lot of entertainment here. You have to be comfortable with your own company.

Several weekend gigs are available, as well as longer stretches in June, July, and September. Ideally, we'd like someone to come and stay a while. Room, board, wifi provided.

Is this you? Please get in touch via PM.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

camino07

Veteran Member
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Sounds like a fantastic opportunity for the right person. Unfortunately not me.
I wanted to say that I have just finished reading your book and absolutely loved it. I was there with you in spirit. 😘

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Francés (2004-), Portugués, Madrid, 4/5 Plata, 1/8 Levante, 1/8 Lana, Augusta, hospitalera Grado.
How do you define "longer stretches"? I have some holidays to use up...

Turga

Camino tortuga
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
That sounds great! Unfortunately I can't claim to be perfectly sane.... 🙃

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings