• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Opportunity to walk the Abraham Path

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Message from the Tours co-ordinator

I am excited to share with you a special opportunity this fall - a journey on the Abraham Path through Jordan, Palestine and Israel, from October 4 - October 15, 2008.

Highlights of the 12-day journey:

* Walk pilot segments of the Abraham Path in Jordan and Palestine. To travel by foot is the finest way to experience a deep immersion in the local and traditional way of life.
* Visit local businesses, including a soap factory in Jordan where village women produce olive oil soaps using only natural and local ingredients
* Meet local residents and make one-to-one connections
* Possible home stays with Palestinian families
* Explore the rich history of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and surrounding areas
* Learn from expert guides in each country
* Time to reflect, share and process the experience

This is an incredible opportunity to experience the warmth and hospitality of the Middle East in a way not often portrayed by the media. We encourage you to pass the word! Please forward this email and the attached brochure to others who may be interested.

Limited space is available, so please notify me soon if you are interested.

Thank you for your continued support of the Abraham Path.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Michel
Tours Coordinator
Abraham Path Initiative
+1-303-447-0520
Fax: +1-303-447-0485

1245 Pearl Street, Suite 208
Boulder, CO 80302
http://www.abrahampath.org

PS: I have a pdf.file brochure that is too large to add here - if you would like one please mail me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Doesn't this look wonderful, Sil?

A friend of mine who lives in Jordan has told me about it. We're hoping to do it in October 2009.

2009 Abraham Path walks:

"We are offering two trips for a minimum of 10 people. Based on the first wave of responses to our announcement, we received a number of participants interested in the December trip and only a few interested in the October walk. It is likely then, that the December trip will go as planned. With regard to the October trip, this is less likely. If you are, however, interested in the October trip and think you may be able to put together a group of 10 people, we would be happy to work with you to arrange a special trip."

October: 14 day guided walk through Turkey and Syria
Explore the ancient city of Sanliurfa, in the company of the distinguished academic and API Representative Mehmet Oymak. According to the Islamic narrative, Sanliurfa is the place where Abraham was born and spent his boyhood. We visit the Cave of Abraham, the sacred fish pools and the old city
centre with its souk (bazaar) and caravanserai (traditional travellers’ inn). After lunch we visit a local house to see how people make scarves and tablecloths. In the afternoon there is free time for reflection. Overnight in Sanliurfa (Pomegranate House), with dinner at a local guest house.

December: 14 day guided walk through Jordan, Palestine and Israel

As you follow the cultural route of the Abraham Path through Jordan, Palestine and Israel, you will
journey through lands that have sustained and nourished the lives of ancient and modern peoples, lands which gave birth to Abraham and the children of Abraham. Little is known of the historical figure Abraham, but much is known of the values he embodies. It is said that Abraham’s tent was open in all four directions, indicating the generous hospitality with which he welcomed visitors. As you travel this itinerary, keep in mind that the Abraham Path is more than a route or a series of historical sites; it is a path to experiencing Abrahamic values such as hospitality and respect, and the rich history and cultural traditions of the regions. It is the experience of the traveller who offers and receives in a way that inspires mutual respect and understanding across cultures.

If anyone is interested in the full itineraries with prices please mail me as the files are too large to add here.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...