• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orange Store at CDG

Time of past OR future Camino
Camin0 (2017)
Hi all, despite a bit of research, I’ve not been able to find out if there is a physical Orange store at Charles De Gaulle airport. Can anyone provide a definitive answer please. I know we can pick up an Orange SIM card at a Relay store there but feel that we’d like to be able to purchase and register our new SIMs at the same time and this is probably easier done in an Orange store. TIA

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi all, despite a bit of research, I’ve not been able to find out if there is a physical Orange store at Charles De Gaulle airport. Can anyone provide a definitive answer please. I know we can pick up an Orange SIM card at a Relay store there but feel that we’d like to be able to purchase and register our new SIMs at the same time and this is probably easier done in an Orange store. TIA
Why not try an ESim if you have an unlocked newer phone to save you from this step?I have installed one on my phone for May - seems simple enough. Look under ESims on another thread if you are curious. https://thesavvybackpacker.com/best-esim-for-europe-travel/

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Tip: to reduce fees and added charges, consider obtaining the SIM in the country where you will spend the majority of your time. There WAS a plan to harmonize cellular rates across the EU.

I do not know if this happened. If it did, it makes the EU one big market for cellular billing purposes. So, for voice and probably text, there would not be different charges when using a French SIM in Spain, or vice versa.

My recollection from when I used to use foreign SIMs and older cell phone is that there were added costs to make calls in Spain or Portugal with a French SIM and vice versa.

Then again, my recollection could be all wrong and out of date. I do not mind being corrected.

Personally, I use t-Mobil here in the US. They give me unlimited free text and data in 140+ countries worldwide. So, when I go to Spain to walk Camino or work as a volunteer, my phone fires up and joins Orange, Movistar, or another European network automatically as soon as I land in Europe. This works the same across the EU.

t-Mobile charges USD 25 cents per minute for voice calls. So, if my phone rings in Europe, I answer and tell the person to text or e-mail me, or that I will call them back when I can make the call over Wi-Fi. In a month, I might get charged only a couple of dollars for a few incoming calls. I only make outgoing calls to friends or family when I can do so over free Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps.

Tom

You shouldn't pay more to use your SIM in another EU country, but the amount of data you can use may be less than in the "home" country. You can also be charged extra for international calls from your "home" country, but not when you are roaming. It also may be more difficult to top up outside your home country.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.