• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orbe to Lausanne

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018
Off to a cold 5:00 A.M. start with a fullmoon to light up the trail.
Lots of asphalt walking interspersed with some forested trails between villages.
After 18 miles I made it to my ultimate destination of Lausanne and walked to the waters edge of Lake Geneva (Lac Leman) where I got my first glimpse of the Swiss Alps in the distance.
Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day and a day to do my much needed dirty laundry.

Attachments

• 20230605_052456.jpg
    20230605_052456.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 373
  • 20230605_154400.jpg
    20230605_154400.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230605_165722.jpg
    20230605_165722.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20230605_155423.jpg
    20230605_155423.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
How are you doing with temperature Bob? Everybody in the town square pic looks hot...& we all now how much hotter a pack on your back can make you feel! 🥵

I'll be interested to hear what you think of Lausanne; I was a bit rushed there (aka trying to do too much...😇) & found it somewhat confusing especially when using a map to find a specific place. I didn't know prior the city centre was multiple level; I'd be standing on the 'blue dot' but my target place was not there; it was actually underneath me!
Enjoy your rest day...& try not to fall into my trap! 😄
👣🌏

Temperatures during the day in Lausanne indicated 29 on a flashing sign at a pharmacy. Who knows it's accuracy?
Lausanne is a very hilly city all the way down to the lake. (And then back to your lodging).
While my actual walking 🚶‍♂️ day was 18 miles, my end of the day mileage clocked in at 23 miles. (Feeling it today).
I have to agree with you this city is definitely built on multi levels and there is no wasted space anywhere.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
As I recall the route from Lausanne to Montreux also takes you up and down the hillsides (rather than along the lake). You go through terraced vineyards and some very pretty villages with great views.

But you could hope on one of the ferry boats operated by CGN

Personally I loved the views from above the lake and the effort is rewarded with plenty of mountain water fountains available as you go along.

I thank you and appreciate the offer.
Lausanne is definitely beautiful and historic.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.