• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Accommodation with Orbis Ways for Last Stage to Santiago

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Brother is having difficulty booking accom for the last stage from Sarria to Santiago in May. Has anyone heard of this company offering accom. "Orbis Ways" ??

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Nope, but 5 minutes on Berking.con for various locations between Sarria and Santiago on various dates in May is showing plenty of availability.

The Galician Junta Albergues are all open. Though they no longer accept reservations they do provide plenty of beds. Is your brother looking for some particular combination of party size, dates, price etc that is setting the challenge?

Nope, but 5 minutes on Berking.con for various locations between Sarria and Santiago on various dates in May is showing plenty of availability.

The Galician Junta Albergues are all open. Though they no longer accept reservations they do provide plenty of beds. Is your brother looking for some particular combination of party size, dates, price etc that is setting the challenge?
I think he has done the Albergue route looking for private room ie.. hotel, casa rural, etc. Each to his own.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Has anyone heard of this company offering accom. "Orbis Ways" ??
For others who may be interested in this company, looking at their website, their accommodation prices from Sarria to Santiago average about 75 euros per person per night, breakfast only included. Self-guided, but with luggage transfer and telephone support if needed.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Having already prebooked in May on CF in November, there were already certain dates in May that are/ were tight finding private accommodations on booking.com. I have continued to look every week or two at accommodations along the route. May1 is a holiday and falls on a weekend. So expect Sarria, SdC, Ponferrada and Portomarin to be pretty full on those dates and higher prices. Most of the rooms we have at Casa Rurals ( two persons),hotels and pensions on Brierley’s that start/end larger stages are costing $75 per night from Sarria onward. Single rooms are usually 5-10 Euros cheaper. However, we have no breakfasts included and no baggage transport included…just accommodations. Transport of a bag would cost 5-6 euros extra per day.

If one has purchased breakfast where one sleeps, then one is dependent upon the time breakfast is served before departing to walk. Also tour companies usually do not allow changes in your itinerary once walking starts. However, IMO, for private accommodations, this holy year, with high demand for private rooms due to covid, in May, the price of 75 Euros in a major town, from Sarria is not so exorbitant, for decent private accommodations, transport of bags, phone support and breakfast.

Last edited:
Having already prebooked in May on CF in November, there were already certain dates in May that are/ were tight finding private accommodations on booking.com. I have continued to look every week or two at accommodations along the route. May1 is a holiday and falls on a weekend. So expect Sarria, SdC, Ponferrada and Portomarin to be pretty full on those dates and higher prices. Most of the rooms we have at Casa Rurals ( two persons),hotels and pensions on Brierley’s that start/end larger stages are costing $75 per night from Sarria onward. Single rooms are usually 5-10 Euros cheaper. However, we have no breakfasts included and no baggage transport included…just accommodations. Transport of a bag would cost 5-6 euros extra per day.

If one has purchased breakfast where one sleeps, then one is dependent upon the time breakfast is served before departing to walk. Also tour companies usually do not allow changes in your itinerary once walking starts. However, IMO, for private accommodations, this holy year, with high demand for private rooms due to covid, in May, the price of 75 Euros in a major town, from Sarria is not so exorbitant, for decent private accommodations, transport of bags, phone support and breakfast.
Great help many thanks 👍

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Did they travel with that company? I'm having some trouble getting in touch with Orbis Ways for a Sep/Oct trip and came across your post while looking for other info online.

Did they travel with that company? I'm having some trouble getting in touch with Orbis Ways for a Sep/Oct trip and came across your post while looking for other info online.
My brother travelled with them I will ask him.

He did not have trouble with contacting they are based in Barcelona.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Brother is having difficulty booking accom for the last stage from Sarria to Santiago in May. Has anyone heard of this company offering accom. "Orbis Ways" ??
Yes. I booked a walking holiday in the Swiss Alps with them in August 2022. Switzerland was awesome, but Orbis Ways was of no help. The "dossier" they provide with "detailed directions" was poorly written, inaccurate, and simply of no use. I pieced together daily routes using local maps. The hotels they book you in will put you in the cheapest and worst rooms they have. You are better off booking your own hotels and planning your own routes. In my opinion no one should ever use them.

Did you travel with Orbis Ways? I am hesitant because of the mixed and hard to find reviews. Your input would be very much appreciated.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back