• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

organic cnmfort in Hospital Orbigo

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Walking weather this past November on the CF was generally cold and crisp, but clear. However when the forecast for the coming night was 3 below freezing at Hospital d'Orbigo I opted to stay in a new HEATED private place called Albergue Verde; it was a gem. Reassembled two years ago from old farm barns it was hyper clean, comfortable and spacious. Vegetables from the surrounding organic garden were prepared by the charming hospitalera for our most delicious dinner. What a happy find! For more info here is their web site, >> http://www.albergueverde.es/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for sharing Margaret. I'll let trhe CSJ know - they might be able to list it in there new 2013 guide book.

mspath said:
Walking weather this past November on the CF was generally cold and crisp, but clear. However when the forecast for the coming night was 3 below freezing at Hospital d'Orbigo I opted to stay in a new HEATED private place called Albergue Verde; it was a gem. Reassembled two years ago from old farm barns it was hyper clean, comfortable and spacious. Vegetables from the surrounding organic garden were prepared by the charming hospitalera for our most delicious dinner. What a happy find! For more info here is their web site, >> http://www.albergueverde.es/

Looks like a fascinating place, the kind of place I'd like to visit.
I couldn't find any mention of price at all. Maybe it's very expensive?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Why has this not been mentioned before, might have been tempted to walk backwards from Astorga jst for the pleasure, amazing, THANKYOU
David
& Merry Christmas x

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Back