Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Organized walk on the Camino de Invierno

peregrina2000

Staff member
The Spanish Camino Association of Valdeorras (in El Bierzo at the start of this Camino) has organized a 14 day walk, about 18 km a day, from Ponferrada to Santiago. They will facilitate lodging in albergues or polideportivos (sports centers), and hope to get a respectable crowd to publicize the route.

Walking begins on May 22. This is the website for more information, and the email address of the president of the organization, who is very responsive and helpful. http://caminodeinvierno.es/

Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is still the old website http://www.caminodeinvierno.com with a lot of info, maps, stages etc.
The new site doesn't seem to have any maps or stages besides a few pdf files.

Hi, Sil,
Those are actually the websites of two different organizations -- one is the Friends group based in the Bierzo, in Valdeorras (that's the .es site), and the other is one centered on the Sil Valley (Ribeira Sacra) area the .com site). I believe their headquarters is Momforte de Lemos but I could be wrong. I don't know if these two groups interact, but I know that both are very actively promoting the Camino de Invierno.

Are you tempted?

Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yeah!!! One day!
I was looking for a map of the route. The one on the .com website is fragmented - made up of different cells and can't be copied as a whole. This website doesn't seem to have anything added for a couple of years.
This is the only other decent map I could find but it doesn't show the route in relation to the Camino Frances - which is useful for a variant.

Attachments

• Invierno.jpg
    Invierno.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,360
peregrina2000 said:
I believe their headquarters is Momforte de Lemos but I could be wrong.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Aida Menendez works for the ayuntamiento in Monforte. They have been organising yearly walks along the route for several years now. However, I think the emphasis is different. Their emphasis is on creating and promoting the route, particularly in their patch, whereas the other group is more a group of pilgrims interested in using the route to get to Santiago.

peregrina2000 said:
The Spanish Camino Association of Valdeorras (in El Bierzo at the start of this Camino) has organized a 14 day walk, about 18 km a day, from Ponferrada to Santiago. They will facilitate lodging in albergues or polideportivos (sports centers), and hope to get a respectable crowd to publicize the route.

Walking begins on May 22. This is the website for more information, and the email address of the president of the organization, who is very responsive and helpful. http://caminodeinvierno.es/

Laurie
They talk about this walk, May 22nd here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLmcIoPHC9g

Saludos,
Ivar

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'd love to read some of the links to spanish articles that are posted here, but I don't know how to translate - could someone tell me the steps?

You can use GOOGLE or Bablefish.

Go to Google.com
On the right side of the Search box you will find a link to "Language Tools" Click on that link.
Cut and paste the Spanish text that you want translated into the Translate Text Box
Under that box you can choose the language of your text and the second window for the language you want it translated into to.
Then click on Translate.
The translation is done by computer so its never gramatically correct, and can be very strange or funny!
Good luck!

okay thanks. I'll try Google. I tried Babelfish but I had to install something on my computer, and now I have an annoying Bing toolbar at the top of my screen that I can't get rid of! I hate when that happens!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The Amigos Association of Valdeorras has posted some more information on the walk starting on May 22 from Ponferrada. The municipalities of Priaranza, Borrenes, Puente de Domingo Florez, O Barco, A Rúa and Ribas do Sil will provide sleeping accommodation and dinner for the walkers. On the rest of the stages until Lalin, the polideportivos (municipal sports facilities) will be opened up. There will be a support car traveling near the group.

The announcements for the walk on the website are in English, Italian and French, as well as Spanish, so I assume they are hoping for an international group. Phone number to call to sign up if interested (there is no charge but they need a head count) 657 405 303 -- and I assume you could also email the association at the address listed on their website.

Not exactly the idyllic solitary walk Rebekah has been dreaming of..... but I'm hoping the crowds will be a few years in coming. Laurie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back